• Best of luck to the class of 2024 for their HSC exams. You got this!
    Let us know your thoughts on the HSC exams here
  • YOU can help the next generation of students in the community!
    Share your trial papers and notes on our Notes & Resources page

relationship problems during hsc (6 Viewers)

femboys4life

HSC
my boyfriend is being very demanding during the hsc, its almost like hes treating me as a comfort girl between his exams. he doesnt care about my exams and expects me to have long calls with him after his so he can rant about how well or badly he did. i didnt really mind it as i knew it was a stressful period but recently ive found out he might even be giving me fake papers from his school when i asked for them. i feel like ive got 0 respect. what should i do?

aqwerty13402

HSC
my boyfriend is being very demanding during the hsc, its almost like hes treating me as a comfort girl between his exams. he doesnt care about my exams and expects me to have long calls with him after his so he can rant about how well or badly he did. i didnt really mind it as i knew it was a stressful period but recently ive found out he might even be giving me fake papers from his school when i asked for them. i feel like ive got 0 respect. what should i do?
break up with him right before his biggest exam

then cause physicaI harm to his famiIy

ringading

HSC
if i can ask, how long have you been together??

and i don't want to direct the relationship or anything like that
but i think you should obviously talk to him first - be the more mature person and just tell him whats bothering you and if he was really a good boyfriend hed listen, explain etc and communicate back. and see how that goes

p.s id just blocked him rn because fake papers? girl he wants ur downfall and he's stingy (BUT IDK HIM SO DONT TAKE THAT THE WRONG WAY)

Serenawilder

HSC
You need to set boundaries. Tell him that you understand he needs support, but you have your own exams to focus on, too. If every call revolves around his worries, with no room for your thoughts or needs, that's emotionally draining. You’re allowed to put yourself and your goals first. The HSC is a big deal for you, too

Regarding the fake papers, ask him about it calmly and directly. If it turns out to be true, that’s a serious breach of trust. It shows a lack of respect, which could be a red flag in your relationship.

You deserve a partner who respects your time, emotions, and goals, not just someone who turns to you when it’s convenient for them. If you’re not getting that, maybe it’s time to re-evaluate whether this relationship is giving you what you need.

Last edited:

femboys4life

HSC
if i can ask, how long have you been together??

and i don't want to direct the relationship or anything like that
but i think you should obviously talk to him first - be the more mature person and just tell him whats bothering you and if he was really a good boyfriend hed listen, explain etc and communicate back. and see how that goes

p.s id just blocked him rn because fake papers? girl he wants ur downfall and he's stingy (BUT IDK HIM SO DONT TAKE THAT THE WRONG WAY)
2.5 years, not as serious as id expect other relationships to be but still quite good. its just a bit of a blindside i didnt expect to be treated with a fake paper, id rather he just told me he didnt want to give it to me. i could probably handle him being stressed right now but its just everything coming together now

femboys4life

HSC
You ned to set boundaries. Tell him that you understand he needs support, but you have your own exams to focus on, too. If every call revolves around his worries, with no room for your thoughts or needs, that's emotionally draining. You’re allowed to put yourself and your goals first. The HSC is a big deal for you, too

Regarding the fake papers, ask him about it calmly and directly. If it turns out to be true, that’s a serious breach of trust. It shows a lack of respect, which could be a red flag in your relationship.

You deserve a partner who respects your time, emotions, and goals, not just someone who turns to you when it’s convenient for them. If you’re not getting that, maybe it’s time to re-evaluate whether this relationship is giving you what you need.
yeah thank you so much, i was just wondering if others had been through anything similar. i mean after all hsc is cutthroat to him and its not like we go to the same school but yeah just some weird things

afourgridbook

HSC
his way of handling stress and weighing all of it down on YOU without caring abt ur exams is a massive red flag. but it depends if he's always been that type of person or this has just started happening suddenly. but either way if he's treating u like this when he's stressed abt something then it may just get worse in the future.

and about the fake papers thing...that's crazyy but i reckon ask him abt it first bc he may not have known

Serenawilder

HSC
yeah thank you so much, i was just wondering if others had been through anything similar. i mean after all hsc is cutthroat to him and its not like we go to the same school but yeah just some weird things
You’re definitely not the only one who’s had relationship problems during the HSC Lol. It’s such a stressful time, and it can bring out a lot of weird dynamics between people, especially when both partners are under pressure.

It’s okay to feel weird about what’s going on — relationships *shouldn’t* feel like extra pressure, especially during something as intense as this.

Legendary16

HSC
that would be extension 2 on monday...
I'm not sure how you'd feel about yourself after breaking up with him before ext2...sure he should feel horrible after that, but would that work best with your mindset and outlook towards your other papers, especially with the ones he gave you fake papers?

As long as you're comfortable with the decision you make

femboys4life

HSC
yeah idk how id feel if i broke up with him before ext 2, especially since we have a lot of mutual friends it could get really ugly really quick

ringading

HSC
You’re definitely not the only one who’s had relationship problems during the HSC Lol. It’s such a stressful time, and it can bring out a lot of weird dynamics between people, especially when both partners are under pressure.

It’s okay to feel weird about what’s going on — relationships *shouldn’t* feel like extra pressure, especially during something as intense as this.
Yeh I agree, a lot of people are in relationships right now, so I'm sure a lot of people are experiencing stress.

If this is occurring like recently or you only noticed now but it has been happening before it can happen again in the future so you should just communicate with him. Even just text him and ask for like 10 minutes of his time.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 5)