• Best of luck to the class of 2024 for their HSC exams. You got this!
    Let us know your thoughts on the HSC exams here
  • YOU can help the next generation of students in the community!
    Share your trial papers and notes on our Notes & Resources page

Mathematics Advanced Predictions/Thoughts (22 Viewers)

tvskAXatar

HSC
i don’t get how our final marks are calculated. ik how 50% is from our performance in this test and the other half is whoever got the mark based off ur rank. do they calculate this after both marks are scaled? or do they only scale your own mark
I'm pretty sure they only scale your own mark

minjihypeboy

HSC
N/A
i don’t get how our final marks are calculated. ik how 50% is from our performance in this test and the other half is whoever got the mark based off ur rank. do they calculate this after both marks are scaled? or do they only scale your own mark
im pre sure its like this:
each mark is scaled so lets just say u get a 70 raw and it scales to an 80. This 80 will be ur external mark.

Say u are ranked 5th. If the 5th mark in the actual hsc was a raw 60 then lets just say it scales to a 70. This is ur internal mark

then they just average it

afourgridbook

HSC
im pre sure its like this:
each mark is scaled so lets just say u get a 70 raw and it scales to an 80. This 80 will be ur external mark.

Say u are ranked 5th. If the 5th mark in the actual hsc was a raw 60 then lets just say it scales to a 70. This is ur internal mark

then they just average it
ohh okay thanks for that, i got worried that they wouldn’t scale both marks

casio_

HSC
I'm pretty sure it works like this:
External mark- 50% of the scaled mark YOU got in the test and 50% of the scaled mark your RANK got in the test
Internal mark- the only thing they take into consideration is your rank and they moderate your marks accordingly with how well your school cohort went.

Overall mark: 50% of each

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 11, Guests: 11)