• Best of luck to the class of 2024 for their HSC exams. You got this!
    Let us know your thoughts on the HSC exams here
  • YOU can help the next generation of students in the community!
    Share your trial papers and notes on our Notes & Resources page

Maths Standard 2 2024 HSC Solutions (2 Viewers)

mishtidoi101

HSC
no that’s so real, during the exam its like you can’t even think properly and as soon as you step out it’s like oh my godddd i should done this/that
so truu, its like all teh answers came to me after i left the exam room srsly. in the exam i spent a solid 20mins thinking abt that radial survey question, when in fact it was so easyy. thank god i finished that js b4 they said "pens down"

katiekms

/bænd/
HSC
Yo katie, I got 8 as the answer for the critical path question part c, I don't remember my working out for it but I remember I got 8 for it. Can you explain how you got 9?
so you’re right, those two edges added up would have to have a weight of 8. HOWEVER, the question isn’t asking for the weight of the two edges, it’s asking how much time IN TOTAL can occur between them. this means that the time can include float time - for example, after F is completed, H can be delayed by an hour. this would mean that the total time that has occurred between the start of F and the end of H is actually 9 hours, not 8. i hope i explained that properlyIMG_0690.jpeg

ihatehsc24

the screen to the ring to the pen to the king
HSC
so you’re right, those two edges added up would have to have a weight of 8. HOWEVER, the question isn’t asking for the weight of the two edges, it’s asking how much time IN TOTAL can occur between them. this means that the time can include float time - for example, after F is completed, H can be delayed by an hour. this would mean that the total time that has occurred between the start of F and the end of H is actually 9 hours, not 8. i hope i explained that properlyView attachment 45209
Thank you so much, and yes that makes sense. Welp there goes another mark for me 😅

mishtidoi101

HSC
Here are my solutions to this years exam! I know there have been other solutions but there have been wrong answers in them, so I was told to make my own set. Let me know if I have any errors in it as well!
this might be a dumb question but for question 15 (multiple choice) why is the answer D? (i chose C)

katiekms

/bænd/
HSC
this might be a dumb question but for question 15 (multiple choice) why is the answer D? (i chose C)
no it’s all good! there was a lot of discussion around that. so basically what you had to do was create a five number summary from the data. after doing that you’ll find that they’re all the same except for D. IMG_0693.jpeg

mishtidoi101

HSC
IQR of D is smaller than the rest, the others have the same IQR, therefore D has a smaller IQR which means that it is not representative of the box plot.
no it’s all good! there was a lot of discussion around that. so basically what you had to do was create a five number summary from the data. after doing that you’ll find that they’re all the same except for D. View attachment 45215
ohh i get it now, thanks katie. this didnt even occur to me in the test, well its over now

Shabang

HSC
you go girl!! i feel like i made so many dumb mistakes cuz of the stress. hopefully i dont lose too many marks for those
Im raw-ing 98 right now as well, the only mistakes being MCQs (face palm), do you think we'll manage to SR?

mishtidoi101

HSC
Im raw-ing 98 right now as well, the only mistakes being MCQs (face palm), do you think we'll manage to SR?
slayyyy, am actually confused how they get our final hsc mark for the subject, cuz dont they consider internals too? (i think i did better in internals than the hsc so)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)