• Best of luck to the class of 2024 for their HSC exams. You got this!
    Let us know your thoughts on the HSC exams here
  • YOU can help the next generation of students in the community!
    Share your trial papers and notes on our Notes & Resources page

2024 PREDICTIONS FOR SOR (4 Viewers)

Sunny1422

HSC
For Business Studies, I've been doing a bunch of Multiple Choice. I completed them for all the relevant HSC papers - 2012 onwards. I'm starting to work through Trial Papers for MC as well.

I've been focusing on HR since it's my weakest, especially as it wasn't assessed in my Trials. I usually lose marks in short answer so I've been doing a bunch of those too.

For Reports and Essays, I've just been going over the ones asked previously in the HSC and I just scaffold / dot point how I would approach it - pretty much a plan or quick overview.

I'm only memorising definitions and other important content. I plan on using hypothetical case studies since they're more adaptable to whatever the question is, as long as the statistics are realistic. If you know the content, you can make up a case study that works while demonstrating your knowledge.

I'm also memorising the syllabus with cloze passages. You can't really answer any question properly unless you know every single dot point of the Business Studies syllabus.
do u know where i can find any really good religion and no religion notes by any chance?

AsuTeksu

Rising Renewal
HSC
hey. whats your best tip/method that best for u to memorise something. idk why I'm struggling to memorise my sor quotes when in the past I've memorised 4 essays for english.
For memorising, it’s a lot of rote learning that works for me. I read each quote aloud three times each and write them out three times each as well. I’ve also recorded myself reciting them so I don’t need to read them aloud all the time - in that case, I listen to the recording as I follow along the typed list of my quotes.

I don’t have time to write responses to every single short answer question or essay question that exists, so I type them and in doing so, I end up typing out most of my quotes repeatedly since questions are similar. By seeing how the quotes are applied, I gradually memorise them.

Alternatively, you could try to find a memorable association between the source of the quote (i.e. the verse) and the content of the quote. For example, I remember 1 Corinthians 13:5-7 because it’s the first four odd numbers in order, then I sort of know it’s about love and remember, “[Love] does not dishonour [...] it always protects.”

Sunny1422

HSC
For memorising, it’s a lot of rote learning that works for me. I read each quote aloud three times each and write them out three times each as well. I’ve also recorded myself reciting them so I don’t need to read them aloud all the time - in that case, I listen to the recording as I follow along the typed list of my quotes.

I don’t have time to write responses to every single short answer question or essay question that exists, so I type them and in doing so, I end up typing out most of my quotes repeatedly since questions are similar. By seeing how the quotes are applied, I gradually memorise them.

Alternatively, you could try to find a memorable association between the source of the quote (i.e. the verse) and the content of the quote. For example, I remember 1 Corinthians 13:5-7 because it’s the first four odd numbers in order, then I sort of know it’s about love and remember, “[Love] does not dishonour [...] it always protects.”
thanks for the tips! I'll try that and see if it works

Canoeboat

HSC
I was thinking its either ecumenism, religious landscape or interfaith dialogue for the 5 marker. ad.PNG

harriethardingg

HSC
Section I 5 markers: Ecumenism hasn't been asked in a while, same with global distribution for RNR that would be pretty fire tbh
Section II just normal no point predicting it's all the same
Section III hopefully holistic, but also it doesn't rlly matter it's SOR just quote dump and allat
Section IV one religion peace they haven't done in a while I would be so happy if it's one religion...
Do you or anyone else have notes for ecumenism, interfaith, global distribution, or anything else? I can trade for other notes like Pope John, Christian environmental ethics, Islam sexual ethics, Islamic feminist theology, hajj, post-holocaust theology, and Jewish environmental ethics.

Lstudy

HSC
Do you or anyone else have notes for ecumenism, interfaith, global distribution, or anything else? I can trade for other notes like Pope John, Christian environmental ethics, Islam sexual ethics, Islamic feminist theology, hajj, post-holocaust theology, and Jewish environmental ethics.
yes ill dm you

toomanyrats

HSC
Guys im so cooked for SORII i got a 58 in my trials, but i did some solid SOR study before english but since then ive been so busy with my other subjects. I've literally got business tomorrow (which i'm pretty confident for) and have just those couple of hours to study for SOR. :spin:

This is my worst subject whats the best way i could try and scrape in a B5? my class is very strong but im ranked like 2nd last :hammer:

lildroptop

HSC
Guys im so cooked for SORII i got a 58 in my trials, but i did some solid SOR study before english but since then ive been so busy with my other subjects. I've literally got business tomorrow (which i'm pretty confident for) and have just those couple of hours to study for SOR. :spin:

This is my worst subject whats the best way i could try and scrape in a B5? my class is very strong but im ranked like 2nd last :hammer:
do an essay for both practice and ethics, maybe from 2017 and 2016 (if you do islam essay), and then do the short answers from last year for whatever religion u do (the 5 5 5 split) and maybe practice ecumenism, dispossession and religious landscape for section 1

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 3)