• Best of luck to the class of 2024 for their HSC exams. You got this!
    Let us know your thoughts on the HSC exams here
  • YOU can help the next generation of students in the community!
    Share your trial papers and notes on our Notes & Resources page

Predictions for Modern? (14 Viewers)

beanbug

HSC
what were the essay questions for china??
indochina will def be evaluating strategys and tactics. on skibidi.

edit: didnt realise exam was today, i better have been right
unfortunately no! Indochina was super easy tho lol 1. Why was there conflict in Indochina from 1954?
2. Why were there anti war movements in response to the war in Vietnam?

Harry_062

HSC
That exam was something… proud of you all for thugging it out - I hope you did well and you should all be proud of your efforts.

conflict in Europe was definitely something!💔

and Soviet foreign policy cutting of like the survival and making friends period so you could only talk about collective security and avoiding war?? That was wild.

thankful for the power struggle, it was the same as my internal and I got a 24 so praying fr.

I talked about
- conflict ideologies from different interpretations of Marx communist manifesto
- lack of clear succession plan regarding Lenin’s death
- party manoeuvring (mainly surrounding nep)
- crave for political power and ambition.

beanbug

HSC
for the 15 marker, were we meant to talk about workers, as the source was from labour front
I did - I talked about how the people hadn't fundamentally changed but their roles in society had changed and due to the repression and terror they felt the need to conform and thus resulting in the observed "change"

ineedhelp108

HSC
I did - I talked about how the people hadn't fundamentally changed but their roles in society had changed and due to the repression and terror they felt the need to conform and thus resulting in the observed "change"
do u think ill get marked down for not putting it in- i did youth, women, minorities

Zippas

HSC
I just talked about the impact on daily life, how strength through joy eliminated unions which and changed society by allowing for more nazi control. I also talked about youth and culture for other areas too but yeah pretty straight forward question.

Zippas

HSC
That exam was something… proud of you all for thugging it out - I hope you did well and you should all be proud of your efforts.

conflict in Europe was definitely something!💔

and Soviet foreign policy cutting of like the survival and making friends period so you could only talk about collective security and avoiding war?? That was wild.

thankful for the power struggle, it was the same as my internal and I got a 24 so praying fr.

I talked about
- conflict ideologies from different interpretations of Marx communist manifesto
- lack of clear succession plan regarding Lenin’s death
- party manoeuvring (mainly surrounding nep)
- crave for political power and ambition.
Sounds cooler than mine lmao, I did
- Trotsky's arogance and lack of decisive action
- competing visions
- Stalin's skill and desire for power

Zippas

HSC
Oh yeah weirdest history exam I've done so far. Hope I did alright 🤞
What was your structure for Indo? I was so sure it was gonna be PESM developments up to 1964 😭 I ended up doing
- Geneva convention
- US foreign policy
- Nationalism vs Communism

ineedhelp108

HSC
for power struggle, i did
1. competing visions about ideology
2. competing visions about bureaucracy
3. different personalities
but i literally rambled the whole time so...

beanbug

HSC
I just talked about the impact on daily life, how strength through joy eliminated unions which and changed society by allowing for more nazi control. I also talked about youth and culture for other areas too but yeah pretty straight forward question.
Yeah I talked about strength throught joy as well. It would've been tough if you were depending on a two source comparison for the last question ahha. My school has a really... interesting modern cohort this year. 20 mark gap between 5th and 6th place in the trials so my perspective is kind of skewed

ineedhelp108

HSC
What was your structure for Indo? I was so sure it was gonna be PESM developments up to 1964 😭 I ended up doing
- Geneva convention
- US foreign policy
i did:
- north political developments
- south social + economic developments
- south military + political developments

ineedhelp108

HSC
Yeah I talked about strength throught joy as well. It would've been tough if you were depending on a two source comparison for the last question ahha. My school has a really... interesting modern cohort this year. 20 mark gap between 5th and 6th place in the trials so my perspective is kind of skewed
so mad i forgot to do workers 😭

Zippas

HSC
Honestly I had no expectations for Core, I absolutely fumbled it in the trial, same with russia 😔 Thankfully I was carried by the CRM and indochina. But I just went in there and my plan was to just reference the source and answer the question hahahaha

beanbug

HSC
- Geneva convention
- US foreign policy
I did the anti war movement q instead bc I was running out of time and I thought it would be the easier option. But I def would've structured it like that too!
I did
- conscription/youth opposition
- effects of tet offensive on the anti war movement
- access of media / questioning morality of movement

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 13)