• Best of luck to the class of 2024 for their HSC exams. You got this!
    Let us know your thoughts on the HSC exams here
  • YOU can help the next generation of students in the community!
    Share your trial papers and notes on our Notes & Resources page

2024 HSC Chat (61 Viewers)

L. Mandrake

HSC
9 marker on van helmont... i have a fear i completely misinterpreted that experiment. the only question i know i did well in was the numerology one and the spencer one
Is investigating science good? I would have done it but our school doesn't offer it, unfortunately. Also, compressed curriculum sounds so cool!

jimmysmith560

Le Phénix Trilingue
HSC
Uni Grad
How bad can your handwriting be to still get a band 6. if they can't read it do they just mark the bits they can read and not bother? All my responses are very hard to read and I'm scared imma get really bad marks as a result.
@jimmysmith560
My understanding is that every effort is made by markers to read potentially illegible student responses. Markers will ignore illegible parts when they have determined that every effort was made to read them but failed, and they will focus on marking the legible parts.

With that being said, it would be reasonable to assume that NESA has substantial experience in terms of student handwriting, so the chances of markers failing to understand your handwriting may be lower than you think.

enchantedivory27

HSC
Is investigating science good? I would have done it but our school doesn't offer it, unfortunately. Also, compressed curriculum sounds so cool!
It’s year 10 science on steroids like a mix of content on different scientists and lots of data analysis
It was pretty good like I am English heavy so it was my break subject lol

enchantedivory27

HSC
9 marker on van helmont... i have a fear i completely misinterpreted that experiment. the only question i know i did well in was the numerology one and the spencer one
Yeah I don’t even know if what I wrote was vaguely right

but our teacher saw us after and said there’s many ways to get marks lol

rosieohposie

HSC
i personally really enjoy it even if it's not my strongest subject, but also i'm really into the idea of research and stuff (thinking about it as a future career path) so some of the content in investigating really aligns with that.

compressed curriculum has been a godsend with my sanity during hsc season... it's fast paced but also i'm very lucky i've only had to study for 3 exams this year. i can see why people love it and also why people would hate it

rosieohposie

HSC
Yeah I don’t even know if what I wrote was vaguely right

but our teacher saw us after and said there’s many ways to get marks lol
i am hoping the markers are nice and can comprehend some of the absolute reaches i made in that exam enough that i can scrape some marks together 😭 i basically just yapped about how the experiment was partially invalid because it focused on water while helmont focused on soil....the things my exam brain have managed to cook up continues to surprise me

L. Mandrake

HSC
i personally really enjoy it even if it's not my strongest subject, but also i'm really into the idea of research and stuff (thinking about it as a future career path) so some of the content in investigating really aligns with that.

compressed curriculum has been a godsend with my sanity during hsc season... it's fast paced but also i'm very lucky i've only had to study for 3 exams this year. i can see why people love it and also why people would hate it
Yep, eight papers in three weeks is not too fun... But you can't turn back the clock.

mvrcuriee

#1 SK
HSC
Anyone have Religion, Business and legal next week? if so, how are you managing your study for it?
Business I’m honestly just memorising the entire syllabus + case studies and doing practice mc and short answer

Legal, I made summaries of my HR stuff and just memorising my plans tbh legal mc isn’t as bad and short answer is pretty straight forward

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 2, Guests: 59)