• Best of luck to the class of 2024 for their HSC exams. You got this!
    Let us know your thoughts on the HSC exams here
  • YOU can help the next generation of students in the community!
    Share your trial papers and notes on our Notes & Resources page

Predictions for the Business Studies HSC exam? (18 Viewers)

hihglightermmmm

HSC
how do you make up case studies, i never got that
You don't. You will get highly penalised if you get caught. The HSC markers are informed of over 5 of the major case studies schools study each year (Qantas etc..) and are provided with statistics based on that the year of examination. If caught you will immediately be put in the Band 3 range.

Dont risk it ...

HSC
how do you make up case studies, i never got that
You can use real-life examples you come across every day such as Woolies's self-serve checkouts (an example of technology replacing HR and technology improving operations ie dependability) and Woolies Everyday Rewards cards (an example of relationship marketing which improves the promotional mix)

But it's safe to stick with the case studies you learnt in class.

Last edited:

JosephSeed

HSC
You can use real-life examples you come across every day such as Woolies's serve checkouts (an example of technology replacing HR and technology improving operations ie dependability) and Woolies Everyday Rewards cards (an example of relationship marketing which improves the promotional mix)

But it's safe to stick with the case studies you learnt in class.
gotcha thanks

JosephSeed

HSC
You don't. You will get highly penalised if you get caught. The HSC markers are informed of over 5 of the major case studies schools study each year (Qantas etc..) and are provided with statistics based on that the year of examination. If caught you will immediately be put in the Band 3 range.

Dont risk it ...
shit, never knew that

HSC
my teacher just said write business A did this. and that will be enough soo yeah
The best tip I got for the essay is to use a case study from the real world. It doesn't have to be the case study you did in class but so long as it's from real life and it's legitimate you will get the marks. I did that a little bit for trials and got 19/20.

JosephSeed

HSC
Guys for essays just say it was a question on Financial strategies linking to PO's

Would an example body look like:

1. Thesis / Direct answer question on Cash flow management
2. Define cash flow management + funnel the sub points (distribution of payments etc...)
3. Provide theory for the subpoints
4. Provide case study to reinforce points as well as linking to Performance Objectives (PLEGS)
5. Link to question

And then repeat for each strategy
mate can you telll me what POs

JosephSeed

HSC
The best tip I got for the essay is to use a case study from the real world. It doesn't have to be the case study you did in class but so long as it's from real life and it's legitimate you will get the marks. I did that a little bit for trials and got 19/20.
yeah that sounds better, maybe ill just do that on monday

K2Trappy

HSC

Dont risk it ...
whys bro tryna clear out the competition 🤣 tryna throw everyone off🙏

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 17)