中文歌詞! (9 Viewers)

Frigid

LLB (Hons)
HSC
N/A
Originally posted by truly-in-bliss
can i moot you babydoll?
nopes lin... babydoll's already engages in a little tete-at-tete mooting with me...

care to join us for a little menage a trois?

cro_angel

<3<3<3
HSC
lol nah this is kimmeh..
ooo shes gonna kill me for posting this.. shhh nancy
that crazy pic was at retreat at the end of last year.. we were kinda strange lol
how did u guys go with ur assignments?

Frigid

LLB (Hons)
HSC
N/A
Dear Editor,

I want to inform consumers of their legal rights of remedy for the purchase of a defective product. As a student of law, recently I was very indignant to hear from the store manager of Prouds the Jewellers that my mother could not claim a refund on her ring, which was sold with a diamond missing, because "it is company policy not to give refunds if we can repair the defective item". I expressed my displeasure about their refund policy, to which she replied, "if you are unhappy then go and complain. Fair Trading is on our side". In the end, she would only give my mother a credit note for the defective purchase.

Upon reading the law and speaking to my tutor, I found out, in fact, that her conduct was illegal. Section 75AZC(k) of the Trade Practices Act 1974 (Cth) states that: "A corporation must not, in trade or commerce... make a false or misleading representation about the existence, exclusion or effect of any condition, warranty, guarantee, right or remedy".

The website of the ACCC, which administers the Act, states: "If the goods you have sold do not fulfil any of these [merchantable quality and fitness for purpose] conditions then the consumer may be entitled to a refund from you on return of the goods... Consumers can choose an alternative remedy to a refund. In these circumstances you may want to offer an exchange, a credit note or to repair the goods."

Clearly the manager at Prouds engaged in false and misleading representation about the existence of consumer protection regulations which give the consumer their choice of remedy: a refund, an exchange or a credit note. This is the consumer's choice, not the choice of the company policy. Companies must change their refund signs and policies to accurately reflect the law and educate their employees on product liability, because there are very grave penalties on the breach of the Act.

Finally, the bullying tactics used to mislead my mother about her consumer rights must not be used again.

Yours faithfully,
Wen.
law has some very practical uses, methinks. one of them is hammering the crap outta companies everytime you wanna stand up for your rights.

bubz :D

the last laugh
HSC
Originally posted by kimmeh
:mad1: i see that Monika
hehehe hey kim :p
btw did you get my PM?? and did you reply? coz i can see it blinking but for some reason i can't get into my inbox o__O;;; i'll try again later.

Originally posted by Frigid

law has some very practical uses, methinks. one of them is hammering the crap outta companies everytime you wanna stand up for your rights.
yay! go fridge!

Originally posted by truly-in-bliss
can i moot you babydoll?
lol ahhh m00ting :'(
i still think it sounds dirty ;)
WE ARE THE M00TABLES!

i need to think of a new msn nick lol

what's YOUR degree of m00tability?
m00t for l00t
m00t and root for loot! (HAHAHAHHA)

i need to go on m00t camp hahah haven't touched legal since the hsc exam, and now fridge's chucking all this legislation at me o__O;;;

Last edited:

kimmeh

Sleeping
HSC
Originally posted by bubz :D
hehehe hey kim :p
btw did you get my PM?? and did you reply? coz i can see it blinking but for some reason i can't get into my inbox o__O;;; i'll try again later
indeedy i did. Thankyou bubz! oh and yes, i did reply :)
Originally posted by cro_angel
hahaha i havent copped any abuse yet.. w00t
i have yet to meet up with you :p

Ragerunner

Your friendly HSC guide
HSC
I gave Mark personal favours in return for HTML enabled :)

I wonder if i can go another night without sleep....fucking essays.

bubz :D

the last laugh
HSC
Originally posted by Ragerunner
I gave Mark personal favours in return for HTML enabled :)

I wonder if i can go another night without sleep....fucking essays.
HAHAHAHAHHAHA i was just talking to him about our "repayments" to the bos admins.......... :p

aiya ragie, you should sleep :(

Ragerunner

Your friendly HSC guide
HSC
i got too much to do....

i wanna get this essay out of the way. after friday will be a huge relief.

Ragerunner

Your friendly HSC guide
HSC
yuck mushroom! my most hated dish.

i ate one when i was a kid, i threw up. then i never ate a mushroom again...

i have cravings for sleep right now.

but must finish at least half my essay tonight!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 9)