• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

中文歌詞! (3 Viewers)

xiao1985

HSC
N/A
babydoll_ said:
so... everyones looking well

*twiddles thumbs*

EDIT: btw who is Miriam Yeung
yang qian hua in mando.... she sings quite alot of good songs i guess =) alot of azn gals like her =)

withoutaface

Premium Member
HSC
Xiao: The $30/hr thing was a one off thing, and you're obviously 1000x smarter than me, you got 98.xx, I won't.

Ragerunner

Your friendly HSC guide
HSC
withoutaface said:
Xiao: The $30/hr thing was a one off thing, and you're obviously 1000x smarter than me, you got 98.xx, I won't.
yeah, you'll get 100 UAI ;)

withoutaface

Premium Member
HSC
xiao1985 said:
AAHAHAHAH i agree!!!! =)

wof is smart =D xiao believes wof will get 99 +
:rolleyes: with these ranks? (non-selective, only 4 students were 99+ last year)

chem 5/40
physics 12/40
3u 2/45
4u 4/17
bio 1/40
english 15/100

I'll go well in maths but not much else, so yeah, I'm probably headed for like 97.xx

Last edited:

jm1234567890

Premium Member
HSC
withoutaface said:
:rolleyes: with these ranks? (non-selective, only 4 students were 99+ last year)

chem 5/40
physics 12/40
3u 2/45
4u 4/17
bio 1/40
english 15/100

I'll go well in maths but not much else, so yeah, I'm probably headed for like 97.xx
that is easily close to duxing material

i doubt the 3 above you in 4u maths will get good in english

withoutaface

Premium Member
HSC
Of the three above me in 4u, one is topping english, another is coming third, and the other guy is ranked in the 20's somewhere, and they're all in the top 3 for physics and chem:p
EDIT: But I beat all but one in 4u maths trial, so I'm happy:)

Last edited:

bubz :D

the last laugh
HSC
haha is that off my msn name? ROFL yeah i know ay... gotta love it :p
pretty good job, they even got the earrings and the shadowing in :D

ragie lei dim ar? bubz hou gwah ju lei ar :'(

Ragerunner

Your friendly HSC guide
HSC
beeen busyyyyyyy

i work like 20+ hours a week lol

and uni omg....i think i will fail 2 subjects :D

i don't even feel worried.

and i've been having a pot of luck with tab and starcity :D

and i've bought like 5 armani clothing brand new. gonna sell them for profit :D

Minai

Alumni
HSC
Uni Grad
went Mystikal 2 last night
was alrite..cept it fukked up at about 3am, some shits decided to throw glass at bar staff, hitting one in the face causing him facial bleeding..i got struck in the neck by glass dammit
they turned on all the lights n told everyone to leave!

^___^
HSC
haha

i had glass in my right wrist once while at work

stupid asian sauce...

but yea, wash it and try get the glass out asap, or else u r in for a tough ride :p

xiao1985

HSC
N/A
>.< need to get a real job real soon, or i'd go broke once agian =( i went on a spendin spree lately =S

ani way, my real purpose:

下一個永*
詞:施立 曲:伍思凱

那天 是一條界線 *忘了好好說再見
只留下背影是我腦海經典的畫面
我獨自站在曾經愛與心痛的邊緣
在城市裏流漣 卻看不見 下個永*
明天過後如果變成另一個人
今天是我最後做愛*的罪人
從*以後忘了*是我最愛的人
不要再一直留在原地回憶著傷痕
時間 原來就是考驗 讓過去都成了紀念
就像在手心長出了一塊*去的痛
麻卑了痛的感覺卻還是留在那邊
陪著我到未來 繼續尋找下個永*
希望醒來以後就是全新一個人
日日夜夜不再為愛會出那麼深
希望可以忘了*是我最深愛的人
能像*一樣推開門就去愛別人
多希望 有天偶然再遇見
我們都各自擁抱 下一個永*
明天過後如果變成另外一個人
今天我就是最後做個愛*的罪人
從*以後忘了*是我最愛的人
不要再一直留在原地回憶著傷痕
希望醒來以後就是全新一個人
日日夜夜不再為愛付出那麼深
希望可以忘了*是我最愛的人
要像*一樣推開大門就去愛別人
希望有一天 偶然能在回憶遇見
我們都走到下一個永*

paper cup

pamplemousse
HSC
withoutaface said:

chem 5/40
physics 12/40
3u 2/45
4u 4/17
bio 1/40
english 15/100

because, you know, waffy is not modest, like at all.
btw thanks winston, you brought me here. wow. so much has happened, and I was never a part of it :p

withoutaface

Premium Member
HSC
cherryblossom said:
because, you know, waffy is not modest, like at all.
btw thanks winston, you brought me here. wow. so much has happened, and I was never a part of it :p
I was just saying that I won't get 99, and backing it up with evidence:)

AsyLum

Premium Member
HSC
N/A
Within the ancient world, through the annals of antiquity, myths have arisen as cultural stories which have encompassed a myriad of ideals, and at times explanations, of which encapsulate the essence of concepts prevalent within the context. They contain not only pieces of the historical puzzle, in terms of understanding the culture itself, but also of various notions in which each myth itself is written and its purpose. Underlying these stories, for lack of a better word, are ultimately five ‘universal’ theories into which many of the myths can be classified into. (I say ‘universal’ as there will arise a number of myths which still fail to fall into certain classifications.) G. S. Kirk states that they fall under the categories of nature myths, the aetiological myths, the charter myth, the creative myth, and finally the ritual myth. From these five categories the majority of myths can be classified and studied as a comparative, or intertextually between the different ‘genres’. How they accord to the myths themselves and what does each entail will be the purpose for this essay. To analyse and extrapolate the strengths and shortfalls of each with accordance to the specific areas of Greek, Mesopotamian and Biblical creation myths.

The nature theory was cited as being the first of the universal theories and one would assume would be a logical beginning as many myths revolve around the creation of the world and as such the coming into existence of the natural world, and more importantly of the cosmos, which reflected in many cases as the realm of the gods, and even in philosophy, it was considered to be pure, perfect and ethereally divorced to the imperfections of this world. The theory states, that all myths are written under the precept that they correspond or are associated with meteorological, cosmological or agricultural phenomena. This theory reflects the contextual nature of many myths which exhibit the need to ‘explain’ the phenomena with which they would see everyday. From farming myths of agriculture, to seasons, to the reason the sun rose every morning from a certain direction and set in the other, these myths allowed for the comprehension of the unfathomable, that is the order in a chaotic world.

Perhaps the most evident of those who attested with this theory would have been Friedrich Max Müller. ‘They regarded some myths as patent allegories of nature…they sought the explanation of all myths in a phenomenon of nature ’ This extract demonstrates the stance to which the basis of the theory eventuated to and remains very much up to this day. Famously stated by Müller of myths, as a ‘disease of language’ in implication to explain the multiplicity of meanings rife within words and their origins. He expressed that the origin of nouns lay within that of natural phenomena and multiple meanings, and it is through these meanings in which natural phenomena is inextricably entwined within the myths of gods, humans and the creation of the world.

The most obvious examples within Greek tradition are that of Gaia and Ouranos’ separation to form earth and sky, a symbolic distinction of thought to separate the two realms and recognise them as such. This myth of the separation would also give birth to the very notions of the natural world giving birth or being associated with the various beings, gods and mortals alike. This would satisfy the criteria of the natural phenomena being represented within the mythical scenario and embodying the earliest notions of explanations or attempts to explain such natural phenomena. Interestingly enough, the natural phenomena within the Greek tradition does not consider animals are a part of it the natural domain, in that, they play mere supporting roles, and it is human-like characters which remain the focus of the myths themselves. Within the Mesopotamian ‘creation’ myths of the emuma-elish, there is this parallel of a being representing the formation of the physical realm, in this case being Tiamat, who is divided by Marduk into the physical world.

Inversely there is the query made from those who oppose this particular theory, upon the basis of the intent, purpose and reason as to why myth makers would concoct such marvellous and surreal tales to explain such simple and obvious natural phenomena.

The second theory which Kirk cites is that all myths possess some sort of aetiological meaning underlying the seemingly bizarre and unworldly stories that resonate so distinctly within the creation myths of the Greeks, Mesopotamians and Biblical stories. This theory centred upon the idea that all myths were written to offer an explanation or ‘aitia,’ or cause on things from the real world. They serve as an allegorical representation, and as some modern historians pronounce, an almost basic science/history in which the exploration of actual things was explored through the primitive means of the society or culture. It attempts to grasp the unknown, piece together through observations and within a mythological context and scenario, explain and enlighten the audience as to the reason why such things are within nature. This concept lies deep within the human need to know and though fanciful at times, the myth conveys this need through its exploratory themes and intent.

Within the Greek tradition of myths there is a mixture of the two opposing theories of such a theory. One is supporting myth lies within this context is the myth of the creation of women. It attempts to explain women, perhaps even an underlying connotation for their ‘role’ within society, through the myth of Prometheus’ trick and mankind’s subsequent punishment without fire, and the formation of women as the ‘punishment’ of man for its role in ‘tricking’ Zeus. But there are myths, even within the Greek tradition, which are definitely not within this categorisation of myths. The myth of Aphrodite’s birth from Ouranos’ severed member, whilst entertaining and perhaps as a sign of the sea foam as a reminder of sperm, but it fails to explain anything as such, and so thus disproves this second theory of explanation and aetiological intent and classification.

The validation of a culture or society through that of myth is the third universal theory of myths, the charter theory. This theory places not so much as an emphasis upon the explanation of the myth or any deep message which invokes an exploration but rather, it creates the justification and precedent for why something is. It is used most commonly to create a sense of mos maiorum, in Latin ‘as they did before we will continue to do,’ without any real reason as to the purpose, intent, nor origin of such a tradition, society or culture. The focus then is upon a distinct story which serves little historical, or other, purpose other than that of maintaining the story through the generations.

Of most popular of these myths would be the Judeo-Christian creation myth. Within which the myth of the creation of the world through the omniscient and singular entity of God, creates the world from nothingness, and structures it into a utopia and creating man, animals and the rest of nature. The Judeo-Christian tradition is thus based upon this concept of an all knowing, omniscient, and unearthly ‘Supreme Being’ which commands what is right and is always right. This becomes the basis of the actual hierarchical system and ultimately the worship of God is done without questioning the mysteries behind the myth. This establishment of power and worship is perhaps the pinnacle of the charter theory and its concept of precedent and validation without explanation, for how can one question what does not exist upon our realm? The precedent is thus left but an explanation as to the appearance of God, his intentions for creating, how he came to be, are all left untold and add to the mystification of the myth.

Unfortunately, like the previous theories before it, this one also has its shortcomings, and inevitably myths which strike as possessing meaning and historical truth within it, or other such things to contradict the ‘universality’ of this third theory. Particularly interesting though is this notion of meaning, which has been seen to exist as explorations of the themes and concepts of the various myths. We have seen that, aetiological myths especially, contains underlying messages and meanings in which an attempt to not only justify and validate but also explain and hypothesise has been created within the myths themselves. This thus shatters any semblance of the ‘universal’ application of the theory upon myths as there are those intentionally created to attain a meaning rather than merely justifying or validating something.

The fourth theory brought up by Kirk, is to evoke a sort of regression into a creative era, thus enabling the society to relive the tales of ‘those before us,’ that is the era when the ‘gods walked the earth.’ The myths define a time in which the power of creativity was overwhelming and thus try to recapture some, if not all, of that within the story of the myth. This creativity also serves the duality of invoking the power of the past for the present, not as just mere remembrance, but almost as if some form of sacrifice or ritual in calling for the gods through the retelling of the stories. A prime example of this is the Greek myth of Demeter and Persephone. The belief that the duality of retelling the story of how the finding of Persephone by Demeter, and the subsequent reappearance of the corn, with the hopes of a fruitful and good crop for the year. Unfortunately this is a scarce example with which the theory can maintain itself. For many of the Greek myths do not really pose a throwback to a creative period but rather, they are relatively quiet upon many human institutions and traditions, rather many myths take the basic principles of society and its traditions and institutions for granted. The throwbacks are also quite unfounded within the Mesopotamian tradition as they seem to be more likely about the validation rather than a creative era. Also the Christian Genesis myths possess the charter theory...

4.47 AM - Bored doing this -_-" 1678/2000-2500 words

redslert

yes, my actual brain
HSC
*copy and pastes into word*

hmmm going to make some quick bucks on this one :)

argh 5:08am
your not the only one trying to get work done
stupid ECONOMICS and monetary policies!!

edit: geez what kind of subject is that!
who in their right mind would actually go through that entire thing??????

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 3)