0-100 Km/H Dash - Times (1 Viewer)

sk8ie_boi

peaker
HSC
Alright guys, so we've had the top speed thread, now I'm just thinking what about acceleration? Have you ever clocked yourself?

Let's have the following format:
Car: Holden VT Commodore 2000 (Brand, Model, Year)
Time: 8 seconds (Never really did it, but it's around that)
Mods: Stock (State any mod that you have placed in car)

P.S. This thread ain't really about who's got the fastest car. It's more about getting a general idea of what each car can do. And when you add in mods, how much faster it would go. So ... 0-100 Km/H for a Civic? Stock? Then after mod? I'm curious.

lengy

HSC
Toyota Camry CSi V6 2002
Dunno about acceleration but it's good enough. Power is good. :eek:
Handling is good, it's a comfortable car, but rough road undulations still get through occasionally. Corners decently with good tires but slight body roll. Easy to handle.
Stock.

seremify007

HSC
Uni Grad
Car: Nissan Fairlady 300zx 1992
Time: 3.7
Mods: ... alot.
Dyno tested at 750bhp.

Car: Nissan Skyline GTR R34 2000
Time: 4.19 (0-100), 8.23 (100-200)
Mods: ... alot.
Dyno tested at 400bhp.

Car: Honda Civic FD1 2006
Time: 10ish (never stopwatched it- it's not worth my effort)
Mods: K&N, Replacement lightweight Mugen grille, Spoiler

... too lazy to dig up the data on the other cars.

sk8ie_boi said:
And when you add in mods, how much faster it would go. So ... 0-100 Km/H for a Civic? Stock? Then after mod? I'm curious.
For my Civic, I don't think my 0-100 improved much with what I've done since it's nothing heavy. The K&N just made it alot smoother when I accelerate and gave the car a slightly nicer exhaust tone (barely noticeable unless you're in a car park and it's quiet or something), and I sometimes wonder whether the grille allows more air into the engine bay to cool the car? The biggest improvement is done by just switching off the A/C, putting the windows down a little so that ventilated visors will cool the car, and then driving like that.

Last edited:

Jiga

Car: V6 Toyota Camry 1993
Time: 8.5seconds
Mods: Related to acceleration Id say slightly wider tyres, 215s from stock 205s, helps get all the power down rather then wheel spin

Last edited by a moderator:

sk8ie_boi

peaker
HSC
Schoolies_2004 said:
Car: V6 Toyota Camry 1993
Time: 8.5seconds
Mods: Related to acceleration Id say slightly wider tyres, 215s fro mstock 205s, helps get all the power down rather then wheel spin
Wow, I never knew Camry can go that fast.
How much kW does it have? And Hp? and Torque? And weight? lol ... cuz it's a Camry! lol .. haha wow ..

sk1001

HSC
lengy said:
Toyota Camry CSi V6 2002
Dunno about acceleration but it's good enough. Power is good. :eek:
Handling is good, it's a comfortable car, but rough road undulations still get through occasionally. Corners decently with good tires but slight body roll. Easy to handle.
Stock.
asian in a camry. how original......:sleep:

seremify007

HSC
Uni Grad
I have a question for you guys who know anything about standards/design specs; when a manufacturer quotes the 0-100km/h time- how do they calculate it? Is it a real world example where they've employed the best shifter? Or is it theoretically calculated on a computer? Then I ponder, with an automatic transmission, do they get the figure just from flooring the pedal, or do they take advantage of certain aspects of the car such as where the power/torque develops, amount of pressure to apply to ensure good acceleration off the line, etc...

The reason I ask this is with the Civic I drive, if you just floor it, the car barely accelerates and all you do is waste petrol. You need to apply it very very lightly at the start, then you can floor it, and then you lift off a bit around 5.5k and let it shift up, and then floor it again. I just wonder if that's how they calculate the 0-100 time, or if they just do it based on flooring the automatic pedal and letting the transmission figure out what to do.

mr_brightside

frakfrakfrakcackmackshack
HSC
seremify007 said:
I have a question for you guys who know anything about standards/design specs; when a manufacturer quotes the 0-100km/h time- how do they calculate it? Is it a real world example where they've employed the best shifter? Or is it theoretically calculated on a computer? Then I ponder, with an automatic transmission, do they get the figure just from flooring the pedal, or do they take advantage of certain aspects of the car such as where the power/torque develops, amount of pressure to apply to ensure good acceleration off the line, etc...

The reason I ask this is with the Civic I drive, if you just floor it, the car barely accelerates and all you do is waste petrol. You need to apply it very very lightly at the start, then you can floor it, and then you lift off a bit around 5.5k and let it shift up, and then floor it again. I just wonder if that's how they calculate the 0-100 time, or if they just do it based on flooring the automatic pedal and letting the transmission figure out what to do.
Whichever way gives them the figure they want to market ;)

jemsta

I sit here alone
HSC
Toyota Echo 1999
0-100km/hr: 13 seconds
Mods: Stock

Mattamz

HSC
Model:2000 Toyota Carmry CSX V4 2.2L
0-100km: 10.5sec
Mods: None

Dumsum

has a large Member;
HSC
Model: 2003 Lancer GLi 1.8L
0-100: ~7sec
Mods: none

Mum's car, I remember doing this about 2 years ago, but if I recall, it was on a slight downhill, so take that figure with a grain of salt.

sk1001

HSC
Dumsum said:
Model: 2003 Lancer GLi 1.8L
0-100: ~7sec
Mods: none

Mum's car, I remember doing this about 2 years ago, but if I recall, it was on a slight downhill, so take that figure with a grain of salt.
Slight? Grain?

Bro you were probably on some 45 degree incline..

Sorry to burst your bubble, but there is no way that car does 7 seconds. :headbang:

CieL

HSC
Car: 05 Honda Accord Euro base model
Time: 7-8secs, depending on how much you max out 1st gear
Mods: Air freshener

Jiga

Wow, I never knew Camry can go that fast.
How much kW does it have? And Hp? and Torque? And weight? lol ... cuz it's a Camry! lol .. haha wow ..
Mate they are just as fast as Commodores but most people dont expect it (because the 4 cylinder Camry is slow which is most common)... my particular Camry has 140kw, 260Nm of torque (100% at 2500RPM) and weighs 1400kg. The manuals are also quicker and do the 100 in low 8s high 7s. Dont underestimate the V6!

Car: 05 Honda Accord Euro base model
Time: 7-8secs, depending on how much you max out 1st gear
Mods: Air freshener
Id say 8s... I race my friends Euro all the time and we are dead even.

Slight? Grain?

Bro you were probably on some 45 degree incline..

Sorry to burst your bubble, but there is no way that car does 7 seconds.
LOL yeah my car does it in 5s down a 45 degree DECLINE. No way a stock or even slightly modified 1.8L Lancer is that fast, they are double figures for 0-100km/h

Last edited by a moderator:

williamc

HSC
seremify007 said:

I know for certain they use professional drivers to determine the quarter mile times (0-400m), they want it to sound as good as possible. I would assume it would be the same for the 0-100km/h time.

If a car is idling and then "floored" the car will momentary "bog" becuase the carby will pump too much petrol into the engine. (most noticed in 4 cylinders)

sk1001

HSC
williamc said:
I know for certain they use professional drivers to determine the quarter mile times (0-400m), they want it to sound as good as possible. I would assume it would be the same for the 0-100km/h time.

If a car is idling and then "floored" the car will momentary "bog" becuase the carby will pump too much petrol into the engine. (most noticed in 4 cylinders)
Not neccesarily. In car magazines they test with a passenger and a full tank of petrol and often the figure they get is less than the manufacturers claim.

lengy

HSC
Mattamz said:
Model:2000 Toyota Carmry CSX V4 2.2L
0-100km: 10.5sec
Mods: None
There's no such things as V4's only inline 4s.

sk8ie_boi

peaker
HSC
Schoolies_2004 said:
Mate they are just as fast as Commodores but most people dont expect it (because the 4 cylinder Camry is slow which is most common)... my particular Camry has 140kw, 260Nm of torque (100% at 2500RPM) and weighs 1400kg. The manuals are also quicker and do the 100 in low 8s high 7s. Dont underestimate the V6!
Yeah, that's why! Because a base model VT Commodore only has 147kw and around 300Nm ish of torque. And it's a lot heavier.

Hehe, I guess I don't expect it because most Camry drivers are goodie goodie Asians, and they don't race people.

williamc

HSC
sk1001 said:
Not neccesarily. In car magazines they test with a passenger and a full tank of petrol and often the figure they get is less than the manufacturers claim.
I'm not talkign about car magazines i'm talking about proper manufactures statistics, like the statistics displayed in the car broucher (spell?) at the dealership.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)