0-100 Km/H Dash - Times (1 Viewer)

CieL

HSC
wce06 said:
That's quite a lancer you have there...not an EVO by any chance?
ROFL no way!

Figures would be very different.

mr_brightside

frakfrakfrakcackmackshack
HSC
Just goes to show that some people don't know what 100 metres look like behind the wheel of a car.

veterandoggy

A Restless Member
Somewhere yonder where the sun never rises
HSC
was that a reply to my one? L-A-W-L!

but Ciel, i asked around and the cost for a full EVO III conversion to my lancer costs between $2k and $3k depending on the condition. i think it is just as cheap to make it 4WD too, because the lancers both share the same body/holes for the 4WD system. all it needs is someone to bolt it in.

veterandoggy

A Restless Member
HSC
well, would you want me to go and time it properly?

i'll do it tomorrow, though only up to 100 for this thread, and 150 for my background knowledge on my car. and dont forget that you were the one that made 80m sound like that bizdfar guy that claimed to do 175 in 150m, not me.

now that i picture a 100m athletics track, it looks more 60-80 than 80-100.

CieL

HSC
veterandoggy said:
well, if you want THAT much detail :rolleyes:
Oh good one.

So you weren't going to measure in the first place.

The whole dispute is about the 80m thing.

You suck :(

wce06

HSC
wce06 said:
That's quite a lancer you have there...not an EVO by any chance?
CieL said:
ROFL no way!

Figures would be very different.
mate, just being sarcastic/silly. obviously these figures aren't EVO, nor are they stock '96 lancer

veterandoggy

A Restless Member
HSC
well, it had the pod filter in at the time, but that isnt enough for much on its own, other than making it sound exactly like an integra type r.

unless you count being alone in the car a mod. i never knew how much difference 1-4 extra people make to a car's acceleration until i tried accelerating without passengers.

and i wasnt going to measure in the first place. i had only written down the distance to give a picture of how far it covered, since i couldnt picture how long it took any better than how far it went.

seremify007

HSC
Uni Grad
veterandoggy said:
well, it had the pod filter in at the time, but that isnt enough for much on its own, other than making it sound exactly like an integra type r.

unless you count being alone in the car a mod. i never knew how much difference 1-4 extra people make to a car's acceleration until i tried accelerating without passengers.

and i wasnt going to measure in the first place. i had only written down the distance to give a picture of how far it covered, since i couldnt picture how long it took any better than how far it went.
LOL I remember my cousins complaining that I upset the balance of the car and made it unnecessarily heavy =( ... so cruel.

Btw did you have a/c on or off? Off makes a bit of diff too... at least in my Civic.

CieL

HSC
seremify007 said:
LOL I remember my cousins complaining that I upset the balance of the car and made it unnecessarily heavy =( ... so cruel.
BWAHAHHAHA That's what I say to my bf!
I usually drive alone, and one of the first times I picked him up, he got in and I was like.. "awww.. my car feels sluggish now.."

And then when some little nugget G'd me up with my bf and two other males in the car, we both went for it.. and I realised how much longer it took for my car to get to 90.. horrible!

I like it when it's just me in the car =]

seremify007

HSC
Uni Grad
CieL said:
BWAHAHHAHA That's what I say to my bf!
I usually drive alone, and one of the first times I picked him up, he got in and I was like.. "awww.. my car feels sluggish now.."

And then when some little nugget G'd me up with my bf and two other males in the car, we both went for it.. and I realised how much longer it took for my car to get to 90.. horrible!

I like it when it's just me in the car =]
Hahaha... yes that happened quite a few times in malaysia. Some punk wants to race and then he's like "hmm.. car seems to have lost the power due to added weight. Better turn off the aircond"... how cruel.

lengy

HSC
Hey does anyone's car get like good and bad days? Cause sometimes my car feels like it's gearing is mashing together and you can hear it, it's laggier and doesn't drive as smoothly. Sometimes after flooring it that fixes the problem and it goes away but I wonder why. Doesn't always work though.

veterandoggy

A Restless Member
HSC
yeah, i got that sometimes with my excel. on a cold day the gears would grind into place, but on a hot day the gearstick would slide in like it wasnt touching anything.

and if the flooring is the thing that fixes it for you, then it is laggy because your car is still too cold when you take off. so instead of flooring it next time just keep the car on for a minute longer before taking off.

CieL

HSC
My car only feels like crap when
1. The engine's still cold
2. It's 40C outside

Otherwise it runs like a charm.

veterandoggy

A Restless Member
HSC
okay, i did a little test on a flat road, and my lancer did the 0-100 in about 10 secs. i then tried doing 100-140 on an incline (the same one that i previously said i had done 140 on downhill) and it took just under 8 seconds.

CieL

HSC
veterandoggy said:
okay, i did a little test on a flat road, and my lancer did the 0-100 in about 10 secs. i then tried doing 100-140 on an incline (the same one that i previously said i had done 140 on downhill) and it took just under 8 seconds.
I dont get what you're trying to say... your sentences are really ambiguous..

Are you saying you did from 100kmh to 140kmh UPHILL, and that took 8secs itself?

Jiga

Even 10secs for a Lancer seems generous... using a stop watch etc is often inaccurate.

As for extra weight, of course it changes the way your car drives!!! You turn for eg a 1400kg light weight of a car into a 1700kg beast... without the extra power/torque a V8 of similar weight has to compensate for it. Ive also read tests before where their 0-100km/h dash involves having a packed car of adults to test its realistic acceleration, cars that did 7.5secs with one person do 9.5secs with a packed car (and the cars tested were big V6s so of most cars they can cope the best with all that torque they have)

veterandoggy

A Restless Member
HSC
CieL said:
I dont get what you're trying to say... your sentences are really ambiguous..

Are you saying you did from 100kmh to 140kmh UPHILL, and that took 8secs itself?
okay, i'll be less ambiguous: 10 secs from 0-100 and 18 secs from 0-140, with the road becoming uphill after i hit 100KM/h

how is 10 secs for a lancer generous? by how much will it be off, 0.5 seconds?

i used to bag lancers. now i only bag the lancers that are totally riced.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)