'01, '02, '03, '04 - which was the most difficult? (1 Viewer)

withoutaface

Premium Member
HSC
~ ReNcH ~ said:
You accelerated Ext 1 though didn't you, or was it only 2U?
If you did, then if you didn't find '03 challenging, you wouldn't have repeated. :)
I only accelerated 2u. And the fact that I don't find them challenging might have something to do with the 40-50 past papers I've done.

SandunAAA

HSC
It is hard to say

Cos, overall the Q7 of 04 was much much harder than 03, 02, 01. But somehow the i reakon Q1, 2, 4, 5, 6 was easier. This means the average mark for the state would be more high as more weaker students performed better than last year (on Q1-6). This is pretty bad for us cos the E4 cutoff depends on the state average, and if state ave is high then the E4 cut off is going to be higher.

This a realy stupid stuffed up thing that the BOS did to the HSC this year, mainly becausethey want to reduce the amount of high achievers and have more average scorerers.

~ ReNcH ~

!<-- ?(°«°)? -->!
HSC
KeypadSDM said:
Yeah, but it was a bastard. I had a go at the 2004 one yesterday, took me about 1 hour 48-50 mins (I didn't do reading time, I was doing it during my maths tutes). Considering I hadn't looked at half of that crap for over 11 months didn't help, but the uni stuff helped. If I sat that exam a year ago, I probably would have finished with about 5 or 10 mins to spare.
The 2003 I didn't actually 'finish', I wanted to write a concluding sentence, but it was pens down.
How do you manage 100%? You surely have to admit yourself...that is freakishly good.
Did you know everything straight-out, or were you lucky enough to get marks for a few "fudgings"?

~ ReNcH ~

!<-- ?(°«°)? -->!
HSC
withoutaface said:
I only accelerated 2u. And the fact that I don't find them challenging might have something to do with the 40-50 past papers I've done.
Hhhmmm.
I can't say I've done that many - I think I've done about 25 since the trials. Maybe I should've done more.
How many past papers does it take to eliminate the challenges of an HSC Ext 2 paper?

~ ReNcH ~

!<-- ?(°«°)? -->!
HSC
SandunAAA said:
Cos, overall the Q7 of 04 was much much harder than 03, 02, 01. But somehow the i reakon Q1, 2, 4, 5, 6 was easier. This means the average mark for the state would be more high as more weaker students performed better than last year (on Q1-6). This is pretty bad for us cos the E4 cutoff depends on the state average, and if state ave is high then the E4 cut off is going to be higher.

This a realy stupid stuffed up thing that the BOS did to the HSC this year, mainly becausethey want to reduce the amount of high achievers and have more average scorerers.
They don't base the cut-offs on state averages though do they? Isn't it just an independent committee that determines what raw mark deserves a particular band by observing particular standards?

grimreaper

HSC
~ ReNcH ~ said:
Hhhmmm.
I can't say I've done that many - I think I've done about 25 since the trials. Maybe I should've done more.
How many past papers does it take to eliminate the challenges of an HSC Ext 2 paper?
Hehe I dont think any amount of past papers removes the challenge of an extention 2 paper

And no, they do not base cut offs on state averages - a committee decides

~ ReNcH ~

!<-- ?(°«°)? -->!
HSC
Seems everybody has varying opinions, but IMO '02 had to be the easiest. Not sure which would be the hardest out of '03 and '04 though - maybe '03.

KeypadSDM

B4nn3d
HSC
~ ReNcH ~ said:
How do you manage 100%? You surely have to admit yourself...that is freakishly good.
Did you know everything straight-out, or were you lucky enough to get marks for a few "fudgings"?
Not a single fudging. The worst I did (and I paid for it ... damn 2nd ...) was assume that the optimum angle of projection was 45<sup>0</sup>. I forgot how to derive it, and there was no time to think about it :D

withoutaface

Premium Member
HSC
~ ReNcH ~ said:
Hhhmmm.
More than I did, I can tell you that much:p

~ ReNcH ~

!<-- ?(°«°)? -->!
HSC
KeypadSDM said:
Not a single fudging. The worst I did (and I paid for it ... damn 2nd ...) was assume that the optimum angle of projection was 45<sup>0</sup>. I forgot how to derive it, and there was no time to think about it :D
2nd?
But you got 100...

~ ReNcH ~

!<-- ?(°«°)? -->!
HSC
KeypadSDM said:
I got 100. Not 100 raw mark. Think about it. Getting 70/84 scales up, so too does 83/84.
But the only way you can get 100 aligned is to get 84/84 (from what I've heard), and the only way to get 100 scaled is to come first in the state...

grimreaper

HSC
~ ReNcH ~ said:
But the only way you can get 100 aligned is to get 84/84 (from what I've heard), and the only way to get 100 scaled is to come first in the state...
well you heard wrong - aligning is done to 1 decimal place so keypad could have got anything 99.5 and above for his 100

~ ReNcH ~

!<-- ?(°«°)? -->!
HSC
grimreaper said:
well you heard wrong - aligning is done to 1 decimal place so keypad could have got anything 99.5 and above for his 100
Oh ic.
I was actually going to ask that on the "Technical Arcana" forum i.e. whether you're reported as getting 100 if you get 99.5-99.9
Well, now I know :)
Thx.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)