100 uai (1 Viewer)

pc4pc

HSC
could someone tell me if the people who actually got UAIs of 100 actually aimed that high?

G

gaoOO

jdcb4 said:
At the same time going to a selective scholl means that even if you stuff up in the external exam (Oh no, only a 94) the others will get good enough marks to prevent your internal mark from being moderated harshly. At non-selective you may top a subject, have an off day in the exam and end up with an internal mark worht only 90 or somesuch
yes, but i am talking in the context of getting 100.

You really do need outstanding marks in your subjects for that to happen.

Selective schools will help you "not screw" a subject, but the difficulty of maintaining ranks makes it harder for you to perform "outstandingly" to get that 100 UAI.

I know what you mean about overall pushing you up, but just in the context of getting 100, it's not an advantage at selective schools.

-pari-

HSC
N/A
re - pc4pc:

some would have some wouldn't have. i know ppl who only aimed at somwhere above 90 and came out with above 99.

but they knew when the time came...that thats what they'd get. they were, in the end, expecting that mark coz they'd gone so well.

i dont think anyone who gets above 99 is totally unaware of the kinda mark they'll get - regardless of whether they were intially aiming for it or not.

-pari-

HSC
N/A
......why not?

though i would undermine someone's capacity to handle 15units so well as to get 100...
but hey if you can, kudos to you :eek:

nichhhole

asndihsCfuckingansbdiuahd
HSC
Eddieshort said:
if you are doing 15 units is 100 uai still possible?

if you look at the HSC report from BOS.edu,
it shows that the majority of people who got 100 did 13 units [and a few did more..]
but i presume thats because thosse who are most likely to get 100, are those who are more inclined to put the effort in etc..
if you're an average student, who can be apathetic at times, i wouldnt recommend it.
I presume you're doing a language out of school/white house course?

dr baby beanie

*is so happeeeeee!!!*
HSC
^^ a lot might have been accelerated too, ace one (or more) subject/s in one year then have more time for the other subjects the next year.

jaaaaay

HSC
o_O im a bit confused with the internal/external exam talk... and selective school talk...

like... say for me... i go to hornsby girls high... how much does that help me, as opposed to me attending a non-selective high school?

:confused:

candybink

HSC
All this talk of selective/ non selective schools is getting me down.

I made a pact at the start of year 11 that me and 3 m8s would aim for 100 uai. But we go to a very average school, where there has NEVER been 100 scored ever!!!! And even though we are supposedly the best year to go through the school in ages, do any of us really have a chance to get that mark?

bringbackshred

I AM ANGRY.
HSC
candybink said:

I made a pact at the start of year 11 that me and 3 m8s would aim for 100 uai. But we go to a very average school, where there has NEVER been 100 scored ever!!!! And even though we are supposedly the best year to go through the school in ages, do any of us really have a chance to get that mark?
I think the same question has been asked around 100000000 times in this thread, but I'll repeat the same answer:

It doesn't matter what school you go to - if you still ace the exams and assessments, you've got every chance.

ianc

physics is phun!
HSC
if you're ranked first in your subjects, then the sky's the limit as far as your hsc marks are concerned...

also i think most schools in the state have never scored a 100 uai.

nevertheless, 100 uai is for the best of the best, and you really need to have great exam technique, a great writing style and flair (for english and humanities), and huge dedication to your studies right now if you are going to even come clos to acheiving that goal.

but as i said before, make sure you are ranked first, and the fact that you go to an average school will be irrelevant and so it will be all up to you and your performance in the final HSC exams

tezza6189

professional time waster
HSC
candybink said:

I went to a not-so-great school. I mean it's not bad but nobody has ever gotten a UAI above 99.90. in 2006 we had two 100s and one 99.95. it doesn't matter if your cohort isn't great. this year u'd think that our school will b ranked really high becuase of the high UAIs but we were still ranked rather badly, in fact we were ranked worst than last year (and last year we had like one of the worst years...) which obviously meant that the top students did really well but everybody else sucked.

so it doesn't matter if your school isn't ranked well, it might even be an advantage because it might make it easier for someone who is smart and hardworking like yourself to get a first rank in most or all of your subjects.

Season

HSC
candybink said:

Don't let that get you down, I'm at a private school right now but didn't always. My brothers in particular went to a below average high school in the country. The school not a good one, it has bad administration and the attitude of the teachers is all wrong. But my brother went there fresh out of private school and set to work straight away. He ended up scoring 97, (could have done more but was in a car crash ...anyways) and this was unheard of for a guy there and all the girls were pushed harder and it pushed the entire grade up a notch.

I don't know anyone personally who got 100 in a public non selective school but I do know a few 99ners and many many people who got above 95. Don't lose hope.

Plus is it really a failure if you don't get 100? I think I'd keel over with shock if I got that sort of score.

-pari-

HSC
N/A
your school doens't really matter too much =)

just try your best, thats the bottom line

i know ppl who didn't go to brilliant schools and acheived great results.

HSC
N/A
-pari- said:
The fact that it matters, is enough consolation for me.:rolleyes:
My school is awesome, and I love it... as much as people respect, acknowledge, etc. me.:rolleyes:

Non-selective, non-private schools have prodigies, too, and maybe, just maybe, you are a prodigy at academics.

jaaaaay

HSC
-pari- said:
true, but you gotta admit... students at james ruse just tend to have a better set up for that 'perfect uai' *sigh*

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)