HSC
theism said:
is this possible?
is it really that hard?

is it as easy as this?

pay attention
revise your work
do your homework
start your assessments and preperation early.
basically know everything in the syllabus.

memorize at least three essays for each subject.

my subjects:
Adv. English
Hospitality (easy band 6?)
Geography
Economics
Legal Studies
no man, some people do this and try really hard and still end up with like 70

you need to also be very smart and, the essential criteria, out-perform 99.95% of the state.

And no matter how well you do in your school, there is always going to be someone smarter than you are. You're competing against the whole state remember. Those crazy top schools like James Ruse do tend to snap up most of the 100s It's not like you really need 100 anyway. What the heck are you planning on doing that you'd need hat to get in?

Hospo = yeah maybe you get a band 6 easy, but once they scale for the UAI it's pretty shit anyway.

ps. sorry to break your spirit, dearest.

Last edited:

midifile

Na Na Na Na Naa
HSC
theism said:
okay thanks guys.

so back when you mentioned 'cohort'

is that the rest of my year at the school?

if i get the top rank in every subject besides english,
or top rank is three of my subjects,

would it still be possible to get 100 UAI?
Yes although considering your subjects you'd probably need like 98+ in all your subjects (considering they arent the best scaling apart from english and economics), and hope that the people who are beating in you dont do shit in the external.

Try putting some numbers into SAM and see what marks you need for 100

dp624

HSC
digimonstudent said:
i want a uai of 100 n i go to a public school.
Quite a few 100 UAIs come from public schools (ie selctive schools)

dp624

HSC
digimonstudent said:
my schools ranked 580. do u think i stand a chance?
Everyone does. But the fact that your school is kinda low means that you need to 100% depend on yourslef. this means topping ALL your internal subjects and then acing externals

HSC
dp624 said:
Everyone does. But the fact that your school is kinda low means that you need to 100% depend on yourslef. this means topping ALL your internal subjects and then acing externals
dont worry i always top all my subjects. but what im worried bout is my externals. i got like high band 6s internally for the SC but somehow i only got low band 6s for the external. does this mean that the BOS scales ur mark down if ur 1 smart kid in a dumb school? by dumb i mean heaps dumb. if i got 100% then the 2nd highest will probably be about 70%.

Terlob

HSC
digimonstudent said:
dont worry i always top all my subjects. but what im worried bout is my externals. i got like high band 6s internally for the SC but somehow i only got low band 6s for the external. does this mean that the BOS scales ur mark down if ur 1 smart kid in a dumb school? by dumb i mean heaps dumb. if i got 100% then the 2nd highest will probably be about 70%.
No. You wont lose marks just because your school is ranked poorly.

JRAHS-Student

HSC
If you are 100 material and you got it through your own marks (i.e. you didn't take someone elses HSC mark for your assessment rank mark) it does not matter if you go the best or worst school in the state.

shell.q

HSC
i know someone who got 100 this year from our region illawarra, how much work he put in im not to sure, he did go to a selective school but it was a public one, i wouldnt say it is impossible if you want it bad enough

Deltan

Noob pharmer
HSC
digimonstudent said:
my schools ranked 580. do u think i stand a chance?
just because you go to a low ranking school doesn't mean there's no hope. In fact your in a better position than most students provided you:

*are ranked 1st in all your subjects
*chose subjects that have high scaling
*do extremely well in your external, that way u dont have to worry about taking someone's elses marks for ur internal marks.(provided ur ranked 1st)

If someone was 100uai material and went to a school that is ranked last, it would make no difference

Last edited:

annabackwards

<3 Prophet 9
HSC
digimonstudent said:
has any1 evah gotten a uai of 100 who wasnt in the top 50 schools?
Yupo, i know of a few people who got 100 and didn't go to a 50+ ranked school.

One of them went to my school which generally floats around the low 70s-high 90s.

But if you put in the effort and have a natural knack for academics, it is possible :)

dp624

HSC
Deltan said:
just because you go to a low ranking school doesn't mean there's no hope. In fact your in a better position than most students provided you:

*are ranked 1st in all your subjects
*chose subjects that have high scaling
*do extremely well in your external, that way u dont have to worry about taking someone's elses marks for ur internal marks.

If someone was 100uai material and went to a school that is ranked last, it would make no difference
tHey had better maintain top marks throughout hte year. if they get ranked 2nd internally for anytihng they're stuffed

HSC
Deltan said:
I guess if the kid got a UAI of 100 it would be enough to lift their school off the bottom just on his back - round of applause.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)