10000 bc (1 Viewer)

ice ken

HSC
just saw it yesterday highly reccomendable if u loved watching apocalypto!!! was beter than meet those shitty spartans

little-fongie

HSC
Yeh, my friends want to watch Meet the Spartans but i don't think its worth going to the cinemas to watch. 10 000 BC looks really good..will try to change their minds..

Kwayera

Passive-aggressive Mod
HSC
I will see it, despite the fact it is so historically inaccurate it makes 300 look like a documentary.

It has a sabre-toothed felid in it (Smilodon populator, I think).

Foxodi

HSC
Saw it today. I wouldnt say it was 5 star material, but defiantly a good watch none the less. (4 star material :D)

Zrap

glock9
HSC
Fuckin spot on movie, loved it.
Camilla Belle looked gorgeous in it, frothed over her.
It was had drops of humour, predictable but at the same time unpredictable,
good storyline. Fuckin spot on.
At least a four and half star but i give it 5!! :):)

Zrap

glock9
HSC
You were around in 10000 BC
Get fucked.
This is the directors views of what world was like in 10000 BC, of course
it's not going to be accurate.
Copy of imdb.com much? yerrrrp.

wrxsti

Rambo
HSC
Ashmobs said:
OH YEAH GUYS AND THIS IS ALL IN 10000 Bc
fuck, where sense of imagination!

Awesome MOVIE! ( i give 4.5 to 5 star)

I knew straight away that that lion looking creature was going to help him out , as soon as i seen it struggling underwater, although it would of been cool if he tamed it and used it for battles against the bad guys or mammoths.

overall excellent movie!

Last edited by a moderator:

jb_nc

Google "9-11" and "truth"
HSC
N/A
How does "10 000BC" make any sense when the Earth is only 6 000 years old? Clearly, liberal propaganda.

Zrap

glock9
HSC
jb_nc what are you on?

Ashmobs said:
what are you smoking you absolute fucking idiot.

YES I CANT KNOW ABOUT IT COS I WASNT AROUND

oh ok

what's that thing called

ARCHAEFUCKINGOLOGY

fuck off you idiot and yr leb dumbfuck mate wrxsti too
Are you fucking serious?!
So what are you?
An ARCHAEFUCKINOLOGIST?
Get fucked spacktard.
Just a directors perception gtfo.

jb_nc

Google "9-11" and "truth"
HSC
N/A
lol @ anyone giving this piece of shit (not worthy of being called a film) more than 1/5. Fuck it, it's a 0/5 straight to DVD piece of crap designed to appeal to the lowest common denominator.

So, I'm guessing it will do well in Australia.

Zrap

glock9
HSC
Ashmobs said:
Mate if you're seriously gonna argue that I can't claim that the movie is historically inaccurate because I am not an archaeologist and was not around 12000 years ago then you should really prepare for a long life in the Centrelink queue as you will fail your HSC.
I know it's historically inaccurate too, but no need to claim every
piece of error, you have your views and knowledge of what time was like
around then and so does the director, and this film (if you paid attention
to my previous post) is the directors PERCEPTION of this time period.
He has to also think how he is going to apply his PERCEPTION into
a film. If you made a film would you make it 100% accurate?
(rhetorical question) don't answer it.
I succeed in life so fuck you.

ur_inner_child

.%$^!@&^#(*!?.%$^?!.
HSC
It's common for movies to be historically inaccurate. But if there are details an audience can't ignore, then the film fails in general because it failed to suspend disbelief.

So in a sense, Ashmobs can have every right to be shitty if the movie was historically inaccurate, if the movie was not able to aesthetically make those inaccuracies acceptable.

But I haven't seen the movie, so.

Last edited:

hiphophooray123

Twisted firestarter
HSC
Ashmobs said:
Absolute piece of shit.

OH THE BAD GUYS SHOULD SPEAK A FOREIGN LANGUAGE THAT REQUIRES SUBTITLES BUT THE GOODIES WILL SPEAK ENGLISH

OH IT JUST HAPPENS WE HAVE FUCKING MAMMOTHS AND SHIT RUNNING AROUND DURING THE FUCKING EGYPTIAN EMPIRE

OH LOOK WE'RE FIGHTING MAMMOTHS AND SHIT BUT WAIT WE'RE NOT NEANDERTHALS

OH HAY WE'RE LIKE PRIMITIVE MAN WITH STICKS AND SHIT BUT RIGHT NEXT DOOR THE IRON AGE IS PUMPING ALONG

OH WUT THERE'S LIKE SNOW AND MOUNTAINS RIGHT NEXT TO A FUCKING TROPICAL JUNGLE RIGHT NEXT TO A FUCKING DESERT WITH A BOUNTIFUL RIVER

get fucked

the wizard of oz was also historically inaccurate, but entertaining...HATE THAT MOVIE!! fucking dorothy slut

wrxsti

Rambo
HSC
ITS A BLOODY MOVIE!

things dont have to be real or represent facts of life, if that was the case, then every movie was a fucken piece of shit!.

btw thx inner child for the spoiler ;)

chicky_pie

POTATO HEAD ROXON
HSC
It's a stupid movie, not even historically accurate, nothing every comes out of Hollywood that would portray historical events accurate, if you want something historically to watch, watch history channel or low budget movies that never make it to the big screens.

.....If it really was based on real events 10,000bc, do you think we were that strong enough to fight weird looking extinct animals? communicating with animals to save us from the enemy? 10,000bc should be about us living in caves, women cooking inside the caves and plucking each other's hair on their husband's back. :rofl:

michael1990

HSC
I saw it on Sunday, thought it was okay. Could have been much better, didn't really have a plot.
I work at the cinemas so i watch every movie lol

It's what I want that's easy. It's getting it that
HSC
regardless of all the things pointed out by brogan which i completely agree with and noticed when i saw it, i have a few further gripes.

- why was it that the mountain tribe spoke a language different to all the other tribes, yet the other tribes (as well as the egyptians) all seemed to understand the language of that main black guy?
- i had no idea which person was which because you only ever heard their names once and they all looked pretty much the same. as a result, if somebody died, i didnt know if i should be sad or if i should be ok with it because that person was a dick or something.
- the saber-tooth tiger was lame.
- it would have been so much better if the woman had died at the end
- i felt like i had seen much of the movie before. For example, the apparently ingenious idea of following the star (as if somebody else hadn't already figured that out) reminded me of the christmas story. The spear-throwing thing at the end made me think of 300. there were other examples throughout that i've decided to eliminate from my memory in favour of the originals.

Overall, i just felt really disappointed with the whole thing. I feel it could have been great but the character development was too superficial, the CGI was good but not used to its greatest potential (for example, i didnt feel any sense of awe upon seeing the pyramids, which i think i should have).
it just seemed to simple. There didnt seem to be any depth to the film. 2/5

Last edited:

boris

Banned
HSC
havent seen it
will wait for dvd

as long as it isn't claiming to be historically correct i kinda dont give a damn. i enjoyed 300 but it wasnt pretending to be anything it wasnt. also the main guy was hot.

basically unless it's a documentary it's always going to be fictionalised because historical accuracy is boring to the masses (apparently)

case in point
Alexander was a piece of shit and raped historical truth for all it was worth
Braveheart was considerably inaccurate
Gladiator (contrary to the popular belief of many idiots) was fictionalised and no it wasnt based on a true story

I enjoyed Braveheart and Gladiator as far as movies go, but I wouldn't reference them in a history assignment.

Anyway, Rambo is the most historically correct movie out. You should all see it.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)