13 years of our lives leading up to this moment.. (1 Viewer)

youngminii

Banned
HSC
I've been thinking about what the HSC means to me. Some of you have high hopes like 99+ while others of you just want to get in your course like me. No matter what ATAR you're aiming for, we're all still reaching for a common goal right? To finish high school once and for all and to get the ATAR that we want.

Now, some of you might be stressing out or running out of motivation like myself, but the HSC is just around the corner. Think about your entire schooling life. When you first started school in Kindy, did you realise that for a whole 13 years you'd be at school? I always considered the routine of going to school as normal, part of everyday life. Throughout primary school I always thought to myself, "Wow that Year 12 guy's so lucky! He gets to finish school, I can't imagine myself in that situation." Well here we are. We're never going to have a normal school timetable ever again, and we only have a bit more than a month until we're completely free. I can't believe we're finally here.

With less than 3 weeks to go until the HSC, we should be studying our asses off. Remember the selective test in Year 6? I remember thinking that it was the most important test in my life. Well if the selective test was only a test deciding which high school we get into, how much more important is the HSC? I remember when I mucked around and didn't study at all for the selective test, and immediately regretted it afterwards. I don't know about you, but I'm not going to let myself do the same for my HSC. Maybe you don't understand because you were one of those people that studied hard for the selective test and ended up going to a nice, high ranked school. Well you better be studying much harder for the HSC considering it's so much more important than the selective test. You people are lucky because you know you'll do well if you study hard.

I don't know where I'm going with this 'rant'. I suppose I finally realised that the past 13 years were all leading up to this moment. When I entered high school, I knew it was a completely different ballgame to primary school. I knew I would have to put in the hard yards and finally buckle down and study. But I never did. I kept procrastinating and playing around, and now here I am 6 years later, so close to the HSC and still playing around. And now I look back and I regret wasting those past 13 years. Maybe if I did some more study, I would feel more confident. I should have balanced my play time with my work time. But it's too late to start regretting. There's less than 3 weeks left, all I can do is study my ass off and maximise my ATAR. No point looking back and kicking myself for what I should have done. Instead I'll look forward and see what I can still do.

Well, I may not be aiming for a high ATAR but I know that if I don't get it I'll regret everything I've done for the past 13 years. Everyone on bos is aiming for a certain goal and whether it's high or low, we should all try our best and study hard because this is our last ever set of high school exams. Screw the people that say the HSC doesn't matter. With less than 3 weeks to go, I think it's the most important event in our lives right now. I mean I know I'd regret it if I partied and didn't study before the HSC, why not just study for a few weeks and party hard later? So regardless of whether you want a scholarship or you're just trying to get into UWS, let's all try our hardest for the next few weeks so that we that we don't look back and we don't have any regrets.

Good luck to all of you and study hard! If none of this made any sense to you, I don't blame you :)

saberbladexx

HSC
Very nice post.

Hope all the 09er's achieve their goals for the HSC, i wish you all goodluck.

shady145

Banned
HSC
nice. good luck, ill hit my last party tonight then we will rock this thing =)

HSC
This is the most beautiful thread I've ever read, thank you :cry:

and good luck to each and every one of the BoS members for the HSC!

ninetypercent

ninety ninety ninety
HSC
so motivating. always try your best :D even if it is beyond what you need to get into your uni course

boxhunter91

HSC
Well said, ive been procrastinating a bit too much. but this sort of motivation will keep not just myself but everyone else on track. Come on guys lets cap off a good year!

Mehae

HSC
Sweet post man. im about to start yr 12 and this has really motivated me to become a hermit next yr.

Good luck to all the 09er's and hope u achieve ur goals

study-freak

Bored of
HSC
Nice post
Never thought about my schooling this deeply until I read this post.

lychnobity

HSC
Inspirational man. Thank you. All the best for everyone on here. I send my best wishes.

Rainie

HSC
Well said :)

Study smart and work your asses off people. At least by the end of your final exam, you won't be feeling crap at the fact you didn't give your best shot at the HSC. After all, who'd want to regret that they didn't put 100% into these exams?

Best wishes & good luck Class of '09!

absorber

HSC
I agree, but the selective schools test is based on ability; if you need to study to get into a decent school, then you're probably not of a good enough ability to cope there anyway imo. But yeah these exams are important, GL yall.

doberman

HSC
When you're writing your three hour exam, I'll either be sleeping or playing Left 4 Dead. Have a good one!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)