14,000 people dead??? tidal wave (3 Viewers)

Mumma

HSC
It was 8 million at first. Even now, 35 million isnt much. 50 million by the USA? How many BILLIONS went into the war? fucked up world

Pace Setter

I heard yesterday that in an NFL match, the players and fans had a minute of silence for the death(unrelated to the tidal wave/earthquake) of an all-time great NFL player. Apparently, news of the tidal wave were either ignored, unheard, or just "regarded as NOT AS important" as the NFL player.

...Just adds more oil to the wheels of the HATE AMERICA bandwagon :p

angelduck

Behind a rock with a glitter gun poised and ready
HSC
Mumma said:
50 million by the USA? How many BILLIONS went into the war? fucked up world
My point exactally, and poeple are critisising Australia's relief efforts?

The Public aid in Aus is goin well too, The cricketers gave $17, 000 (winnings from the 2nd test), and people from townsville gave $35, 000 (cancelled their New Yrs fireworks and donated the money instead)

Toll is like 80, 000 now according to this mornings news, and half of that is in Aceh alone

^___^
HSC
Pace Setter said:
I heard yesterday that in an NFL match, the players and fans had a minute of silence for the death(unrelated to the tidal wave/earthquake) of an all-time great NFL player. Apparently, news of the tidal wave were either ignored, unheard, or just "regarded as NOT AS important" as the NFL player.

...Just adds more oil to the wheels of the HATE AMERICA bandwagon :p
why would america care?
none of these countries affected have oils beneath them

Not-That-Bright

Andrew Quah
HSC
You guys are all so blinded by you're hatred of america it scares me..
America disagrees politically with a bunch of these countries, the countries also have fairly corrupt governments and it is uncertain if money given to them will actually reach those who need it.
America gives more money to the red cross than we could ever hope to get together...

I'm sick of you people with your righteousness trying to make yourselves feel good, hows bout how we celebrated christmas instead of worrying about hudreds of thousands more dead in the the sudan.

joujou_84

GoOOooOONe
HSC
actually america was only going to donate a small amount maybe 25 mill......however it was pressured by the UN to give more since its the richest government in the world...in the end......no gov probably wants to part with its cash......but theyre too embarrased not to.....who cares how they donate it or who donates it or why they donate it...whether its willingly or by force.,....as long as this money gets to where its needed....

Not-That-Bright

Andrew Quah
HSC
Yea but the criticism of america is really uncalled for... the redcross could not be what it is today without america's funding neither could the UN.

joujou_84

GoOOooOONe
HSC
well yeh.........ppls hatred for ametica is pretty irrelevant in this sitaution.....as long as theyre providing millions of dollars to the red cross.....u really cant say anything negative abt them concerning this particular issue....so everyone who keeps complaining can shut the fuk up and stop whinging.....these ppl need as much help as they can get and the US is doing its part to help out.....

Not-That-Bright

Andrew Quah
HSC
I know what you mean, my main focus is that the people get the money.. but i'm sure they will, it seems the world has decided they're going to do something about this one crisis. The terrible images people are criticising the news for playing is probably one of the main reasons people are willing to give up so much money, the world has become cold and hearing about 40,000 indonesians dying doesn't really affect people much these days unless you show them the people crying as their loved ones are torn from their arms by the water.

Not-That-Bright

Andrew Quah
HSC
Exactly, the red cross is an organisation where the highest ranking members are living in basic luxury from our donations... it is not fair for them to do this.

mz_purfect

Pedantic Perfectionist
A paradoxical world where innocents suffer n crims
HSC
doesnt some international or local authority preside over the workings of these so-called ''help the needy" orgs? Far out man....who can we trust these days...its all so pessimisstic n depressing i duno wots becomin of this world...

Not-That-Bright

Andrew Quah
HSC
I dunno, personally i'd rather donating money to a government fund which is set up for us to buy our own meds etc to transport over there ourselves to help them out but some of the other countries governments don't really like that.

mz_purfect

Pedantic Perfectionist
A paradoxical world where innocents suffer n crims
HSC
yeh i heard that the top level gov officials in developing countries r pretty corrupt n the financial aid barely reaches the needy...its so sad...if i was rich enough then i'd catch a flight rite now to Indonesia n den help em personally...if i can make a person smile in their adversity...i'd have achieved one of the most imp goals of my life...i luv altruism...but i hate donating to renowned orgs they all seem like b.s to me no offence...

Not-That-Bright

Andrew Quah
HSC
No not at all but the red cross, based in i think it's geneva, there they're living in posh buildings, driving around in limo's like royalty... it's crazy.

Cape

Forza Ferrari!
HSC
Not-That-Bright said:
No not at all but the red cross, based in i think it's geneva, there they're living in posh buildings, driving around in limo's like royalty... it's crazy.
Its geneva ... what do u expect???

iambored

dum-di-dum
HSC
are these estimates or body counts or both? i sure as hell hope it is a grossely overestimated estimate based on the bodies

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 3)