14 units in the HSC ? (1 Viewer)

gothed0ggies

HSC
Hey Everyone ..
Im doing 14 units at the moment ( i just dont know what to drop lol..)
but anyways just wondering if any one knows people who have done the HSC doing 14 units and if they were able to cope with it ?
I'll have a PIP , art major and ext history major to do , so i know its going to be heaps hard if i keep the 14 units.. but just wondering anyways :)

Thanks.

Rockyroad

Banned
HSC
I'm doing 13 units - 5 subjects at school and 3 extensions.
I think it justs depends on how much work u r willing to put in. I do very little homework and now I'm not doing well. :cold:
But I think it is very possible to do 14 units. My friend does 15 units!!! and is going really really well. I think it's better to have more than less cos than you can drop a subject anytime up to HSC exam. So if you don't know what to drop then just keep them and wait to see what you do least well in. :D
I did 14 units on year 11 and then changed Ancient history to history extension.
There are lots of ppl who do 14 units and cope well. If you look at those booklets we got from school about high achievers in the HSc - lots of them have 14 units so don't stress.

Last edited:

dp624

HSC
I started with 12, went to 11, then 10. Loving 10 units atm.

But you have to be secure!

anon09

HSC
I'm currently doing 12 units but I had 14 at the start of yr12 and was having serious difficulty deciding what to drop. My choice was between 2 sciences and, in the end, I kept physics coz I'm doing extension maths and they're sort of interrelated so I thought maybe I could cut down on my workload. I'm also surprised but I don't miss my other subject as much as I thought I would (my teacher was brilliant) so I'm happy with my choice... atm.

I'm pretty sure I couldn't handle 14 but that, obviously doesn't mean you can't. I just think that less subjects means that you can focus on them more intensely and hopefully achieve awesome marks. Because, if you stick with 14, only 10 of those units will end up counting and if I put heaps of effort into 2 whole subjects (including the added stress - assessments! etc) for nothing, I'd be kinda annoyed.

Good luck either way.

samwell

HSC
gothed0ggies said:
Hey Everyone ..
but anyways just wondering if any one knows people who have done the HSC doing 14 units and if they were able to cope with it ?
I'll have a PIP , art major and ext history major to do , so i know its going to be heaps hard if i keep the 14 units.. but just wondering anyways :)

Thanks.
I did 14 until the end of the year. It gets tough esp during trials. DW u can do it but ua commitment will count and its a gud feeling wen u finally finish the HSC.
Am gonna give u the advice i got from my friend wen i was like u.
U wait until u do the firs assessments then decide wat ua weakest subject is. If u cannot decide i guess u should talk to ua teachers they will help ya

shady145

Banned
HSC
im doing 14 units and i had 6 assignments due within a 3 week frame. It got heaps hard to get them done, well most of em, i got 3 of em left.
My physics assignment i got 98 percent and my 4u test i only got 73 percent the others havn't been marked yet

HSC
Did 13 i handled it fine, though i still regret doing that much.

-may-cat-

Tired Member
HSC
gothed0ggies said:
Hey Everyone ..

Thanks.
If you have shit organisation and time management skills just don't bother, its not worth it, simple as that.

annabackwards

<3 Prophet 9
HSC
I'm doing 14, but 1U (Catholic Studies) doesn't go towards my UAI so i pretty much do other homework in those classes. No huge assessments either so i guess i'm only doing 13U :)

But yeah, time management. I'm doing Extension History as my extra unit just because i love it ^^

Just manage your time well and you'll be alright!

nipsta

CEO
HSC
I started with 14 units at the start of year 11. Doing 10 units now and Absolutely loving it =) I felt i didnt need the other 4 units and i could concertrate on the best ten units I have, which i can absolutely nail. Have a go with 14 and see which subject you feel more comfortable with/good at, but I dont suggest you carry on 14 units in year 12

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)