1st, 2nd, 3rd year UWS students (1 Viewer)

poodle

hi i just wanted to ask quickly
if anyone that goes to UWS and did the RET and knows if i can get any past papers, or if they could tell me anything about its content? im in yr 12 and im hopefully going to do it this year, but theres hardly any onfo on it
thx.

Last edited:

eLmo

Stalker.
HSC
Originally posted by ihatecensorship
what is ret??? and why are you looking at going to uws think higher dude dont have so low expectations...
why the hell are you at UWS then?> idiot

eviltama

Mentally Deranged Maniac
HSC
apparently the ret test is just basic stuffs. i never did it, i also did a portfolio.. not that they accepted it.

HSC
N/A
whats this portfolio thing??

I wish I did RET.......
I was going through denial during that time *sigh*

santaslayer

HSC
AHEM*

*wonders why the question still hasn't been answered by the actual UWS'ers* :p

RET is just like the STAT test. You sit for the multiple choice AND the English component. Multiple choice consists of logic questions and predominatly mathematical problems. The RET test is a $137 exam that can *substitute* your UAI for the actual test score you got in the HSC, thus allowing your RET score to replace your UAI when choosing a course ONLY in UWS. (So, in summary, your RET score will only be used in your chosen university).

The problem with RET is that it is only applicable to some courses and there is a cap on the score you can get. I think the maximum was in the high 80's last time I checked.

You should of recieved practice examination papers upon applying to sit for RET. :)

EDIT: BTW, the English component is very broad, they usually ask you a very interesting question or give you a very broad statement. It is up to you to interpret the question and give meaning to it. One of the practice questions was "Chocalate is better than sex". :D

Last edited:

santaslayer

HSC
Originally posted by Malazn Pleasure
nah i didnt do ret

i did a portfolio
Portfolio on posting, ledgering, making worksheets, balance sheets and profit and loss statements on financial information? YUCK! :p :p

Dingo2004

2 6 C 4 U
HSC
i have leaked RET test questions.. if u want dem PM me....
btw the ret test is the same every year..
my sister is also doin da ret test for uws dis year..
and fark i hope to god she doesnt end up cumming to dis shithole..
n e hooos.. she suits unsw more n e wayz.. stoopid girl who doesnt assimulate with aussies.. bitchnesss

n e wayz.. peace out^^

Malazn Pleasure

External Auditor
HSC
Originally posted by santaslayer
Portfolio on posting, ledgering, making worksheets, balance sheets and profit and loss statements on financial information? YUCK! :p :p
nah portfolio instead of doing the ret test. just had to write bout urself n that. like a uts personal statement.

i got extra 10uai points above my uai for any uws course as uws was my only preference :)

ohhhh so basically its just another avenue for uws to justify letting another hand full of dumbies fluke their way into a course?????

So basicallly people to stupid to get a good UAI get another back door into the shit uni???/?

ELMO and all the rest of you stop pretending UWS is a good university. UNSW< UMACQ-USYD UTS all shit over UWS and everyone knows it.

Its commonly accepted. go look at the entry requirements to UWS verse the other respected universities...ITs just obvious.

If anyone cant seeee why UWS is shitter than those other unis basically you deserve to be at UWS cos your obviously not that bright.

Malazn Pleasure

External Auditor
HSC
ohhhh so basically its just another avenue for uws to justify letting another hand full of dumbies fluke their way into a course?????
nah not really, since i got 90uai i couldve done any course at uws i wanted with the 10extra points, mate im an external auditor for big4, so y dont u stop saying crap bout my uni aye

u talk pretty big for a lil shit 170cm cunt like urself

eLmo

Stalker.
HSC
ELMO and all the rest of you stop pretending UWS is a good university. UNSW< UMACQ-USYD UTS all shit over UWS and everyone knows it.
Oh dear.. talk about missing the point totally

I am not pretending about anything ... fine I know UWS is not as good as the others.. what we all don't need is a dickhead like you opening your mouth about it all the time.

You have a way of avoiding my question as to why YOU are at UWS? if your oh sO much better than the rest of us..
..don't try and use your stupid excuse of "less competition so I can beat everyone" its pure shit if anything

santaslayer

HSC

So basicallly people to stupid to get a good UAI get another back door into the shit uni???/?

Its commonly accepted. go look at the entry requirements to UWS verse the other respected universities...ITs just obvious.

If anyone cant seeee why UWS is shitter than those other unis basically you deserve to be at UWS cos your obviously not that bright.
In actual fact, all other universities offer "backdoors" to potential students, like the opportunity to present to them a portfolio or to sit the RET test. The RET exam is not an exclusive avenue to UWS. Nearly all univerisities in NSW offer it, the only thing that differs is the level of availability to sit the exam for particular courses. :)

To all of you, i dont think your dumb because you are at UWS, im just having a go at the university not at the students.

There are heaps and heaps of intelligent people at uws.

Malazn, in regard to your accomplishments. *Clap Clap* good for you champ.

Malazn Pleasure

External Auditor
HSC
bullshit

ur hving a go at uws students u dumbass

stop changing ur arguments coz it makes u look more of a dumb cunt

santaslayer

HSC
Originally posted by Malazn Pleasure
bullshit

ur hving a go at uws students u dumbass

stop changing ur arguments coz it makes u look more of a dumb cunt
ajahaahaha.....

...sorry....I just thought that was funny. :p

eLmo

Stalker.
HSC
To all of you, i dont think your dumb because you are at UWS, im just having a go at the university not at the students.

There are heaps and heaps of intelligent people at uws.

Malazn, in regard to your accomplishments. *Clap Clap* good for you champ.
I hope are not including yourself among the intelligence are you?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)