2 exams in one day ! (1 Viewer)

omgd.

HSC
N/A
I think many people have said this, but basically: study study study !!! BUT BEFOREHAND

To be honest, if you really want to do well, and i mean really well, you shouldn't leave your studies till the night before an exam, i think thats a given. That time should be spent on sleeping and light revision.
And also, I think this is how BOS thought about it. With maths, you cant CRAM before hand, you need to actually have learnt the stuf to do well, so i think they assumed, it would be okay to put maths with a humanities, or anything for that matter, because most people would have studied/practiced way before hand.
With Ancient, I think you should spend your free time just doing slight revision of this, primarily because,there is so much information to remember !

But all in all, dont stress :) I know its easier said that done, but it does more harm. Just study before hand, since you know its going to be a bad combination, make sure these 2 exams are the ones you prepare for the most. That way, you'll be stress free :)

xxstef

languages are my world <3
HSC
Snap, thats a tough go lol.

How are you going to prepare for it? Focusing more on one in particular? Or spreading the study evenly? Or something else perhaps?
well im probs gna study like crazy for 4u maths early, and do semi-study for music (not as much to memorise). then between the exams ill cram music :D

as for the other one, you can't really study for language exams (except extension), so i'll study for chem, then listen to german music in the break :)

hsc, here i come!

dp624

HSC
yeah that sounds pretty solid
i think if you double up, just study well throughout the year and you'd be set

Dragonmaster262

Unorthodox top student
HSC
wtf ur not even apart of this discussion ur hsc is next year lol
Sorry, I thought that the OP was talking about half yearlies. I should have read the first page. OP should try to accelerate for one of his subjects so he can get it out of the way for the HSC.

allira92

HSC
Sorry, I thought that the OP was talking about half yearlies. I should have read the first page. OP should try to accelerate for one of his subjects so he can get it out of the way for the HSC.
that still wont change the fact that he has 2 exams on one day.

0hNivlek

HSC
Yes, the only reason why our principal only allows us to drop subjects after seeing the HSC timetable lol.

Nanasaurus

HSC
yeah, hey. i have art and society & culture on the 11th. Plus, my first exams are one every day, for four consecutive days. my timetable is suckage to the max

sickk

HSC
Yep, first week is pretty terrible for anyone doing alot of "common" subjects.

Zahraa H

May God raise your ranks!
HSC
yeh i have physics and legal on the same day...i think u just need to prepare beforehand... i mean in my opinion most things should be in ur head by the trials....depending if ur trials are before or after the coming holidays....so yeh guess we all need to relax and not get stressed, we just gotta be ready!!!!!

bored of sc

HSC
Same. Ext 2 Maths and Music Aural.

Don't be too phased by it. You just need to have a nice relax in between them.

simplyyme

HSC
Sorry about your double exams on one day, luckily i don't have 2 exams in one day, but i do have 4 exams in a row in one week :( and i know what it's like to study for ancient history, there's so much to learn and remember.

Well if i had your 2 exams in one day, ill probably spend about 60-65% of the time learning ancient history, because it's such a broad topic and for maths you just need to revise formula's and the concept behind doing the questions, personally for me, when i study for maths, i redo all the excercises topic, even the really/easy ones because they might throw in some really easy questions you think you know, but when you try to do them, you'd be sitting there think "oh crap" ( it's happened to me ).

vantastic

HSC
i have three exams in 2 days =[ general maths and ancient one day, then music 2 musicology/aural on the second

wendybird

HSC
I'm not in the situation of having 2 exams in one day, and i sympathise with people who have shocking exam timetables.

But i honestly think that by the time the actual HSC rolls around, what real good is an extra day or couple of days going to do? Basically zilch. By that point, cramming or trying to learn anything new seems pretty pointless, and not of great help.

A bigger gap would probably be nice - just for peace of mind, but really, the difference is negligible in terms of actual "advantage" HSC exam-wise.

So for those of you who have consequtive exams, or 2 exams in one day, (or worse!) it is a bummer and does seem scary - but on the bright side, it will in all likelihood NOT affect your performance, and it's probably good to get things just over and done with.

anyway, good luck and don't stress! I'm sure you'll do well regardless of what the timetable throws at you. :D

dp624

HSC
I'm not in the situation of having 2 exams in one day, and i sympathise with people who have shocking exam timetables.

But i honestly think that by the time the actual HSC rolls around, what real good is an extra day or couple of days going to do? Basically zilch. By that point, cramming or trying to learn anything new seems pretty pointless, and not of great help.

A bigger gap would probably be nice - just for peace of mind, but really, the difference is negligible in terms of actual "advantage" HSC exam-wise.

So for those of you who have consequtive exams, or 2 exams in one day, (or worse!) it is a bummer and does seem scary - but on the bright side, it will in all likelihood NOT affect your performance, and it's probably good to get things just over and done with.

anyway, good luck and don't stress! I'm sure you'll do well regardless of what the timetable throws at you. :D
i dno, for theory-full exams an extra 1-2 days is nice

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)