2 people in a 4U class? How does ranking work? (1 Viewer)

lolcatss

HSC
N/A
say i'm ranked 1st in the class, and the person (unlikely) gets like 85% (raw mark) and i get like 65%, what happens?

ADrew

HSC
Uni Grad
This was the case when I did 4u, and I seem to remember my teacher saying that my raw mark would be my final mark, but im not sure im 100% correct on that.

OMGITzJustin

HSC
N/A
hsc and moderated assessment mark.

say you're rank 1 at school, but you come second in the hsc

you will get your hsc mark that you get, but because you're rank 1 at school, your moderated assessment mark will be your friends

Final mark will be average of your mark + your mates

Obviously if you are rank 1 and school and come 1st in the actual hsc, your hsc mark=moderated assessment mark

braintic

HSC
N/A
There is another possible take on this question (I don't know the actual answer):

The Board says that anyone who seriously underperforms in the HSC in relation to their internal assessment is taken out of the moderation process.
In your scenario, you definitely fit this category.
So if they take you out, there is only one student, so his assessement mark will be equal to his exam mark.
Then when they slot you back in, you will get an assessment mark somewhat higher than 85.

(However you keep your 65 for the exam component)

Whatever method they use, the handling of assessment marks in very small cohorts seems very haphazard.

watapple

HSC
thats the same as my senior science class 3 people but theres 1 drop kick

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)