2005 CSSA Physics (1 Viewer)

richz

well most of it was ok until it came to the damn option, i had no idea about the qs

simonj2

hero
HSC
oh god... what's wrong with you people, last year's cssa trials were easy, these ones were not... maybe it was just for me, there were certain things i decided not to study (concentrating on what i felt i needed to spend more time on), every last one of them was in the exam, it was like a checklist of what i didn't know...

richz

q2q, i hated the hydrogen spectrum question the practical, teacher did it, but he didnt explain wat happened

!lukey!

HSC
in our revision the teacher forgot the hydrogen spectrum practicle and had to ask me to explain it to the class (im the only domestic student all the rest are asians in my class)

richz

like the Sr question, how do u outline the process, i just said it was transmutation.

also the Fe 56 one, i just said it was the most stable, not sure if that was rite though :rolleyes:

HSC
that was not like anything i could ever have expected.... so wierd. i dont want to say it was easy in case i just completed got tricked by stuff that i thought was easy...it was just really short.i went over it about 4 times, even went back and corrected some spelling mistakes i'd made. I cant believe that was a catholic trial.
Our teacher replaced most of the astro section because we're only half way through. With the other sections though, i just found i wrote heaps more than the lines specified and got the impression you didn't have to know very much for this paper... might be surprised though when i get the results back and find i did crapper than i thought.

physician

Some things never change.
HSC
simonj2 said:
oh god... what's wrong with you people, last year's cssa trials were easy, these ones were not... maybe it was just for me, there were certain things i decided not to study (concentrating on what i felt i needed to spend more time on), every last one of them was in the exam, it was like a checklist of what i didn't know...

exactly the way i felt.. checklist.... it was quite big actually...lol

oh well...

i guess i'll have to aim for an internal of 80+.... all i need is a 63% in this exam.....

lol i needed something like 92 to have an internal of 90+...

oh well... hopefully the HSC will make up for the loss

!lukey!

HSC
yeah the Sr one was the only question in the whole paper i wasnt too sure about i forgot about beta decay and had a mental blank but bullshitted with something

physician

HSC
DementedDonkey said:
that was not like anything i could ever have expected.... so wierd. i dont want to say it was easy in case i just completed got tricked by stuff that i thought was easy...it was just really short.i went over it about 4 times, even went back and corrected some spelling mistakes i'd made. I cant believe that was a catholic trial.
Our teacher replaced most of the astro section because we're only half way through. With the other sections though, i just found i wrote heaps more than the lines specified and got the impression you didn't have to know very much for this paper... might be surprised though when i get the results back and find i did crapper than i thought.
no hopefully u'll be fine

but i don't see what all the fuss was about for catholics

so far all the exams i've done i found were easier than actual HSC papers... except mabe ext maths

and well i didn't end up doing physics cssa... but looking at last yrs.. yeh u didn't need to know much... it was somehow too succinct

as for the exam i did today... the majority of questions were worth 4-5 marks.. only a few worth 1 and 2 marks... some which i actually thought should have been worth more

HSC
It was wierd... when times was up pretty much our whole class just laughed. I mean, no projectiles.... that was the one thing i would normally say you could guarantee to be in a physics exam, and there wasn't one. There were a couple that i wasn't too sure of but that's only because i didn't do a thorough study over those areas because i didnt have enough time(example: bcs.. damn) and only finished my summaries last night. It wasn't that anything seemed difficult or tricky, it was just that i didn't knw them in as much depth as i would have liked.
To be honest, I thought mult choice was possibly the hardest part of the paper.

physician

HSC
DementedDonkey said:
It was wierd... when times was up pretty much our whole class just laughed. I mean, no projectiles.... that was the one thing i would normally say you could guarantee to be in a physics exam, and there wasn't one. There were a couple that i wasn't too sure of but that's only because i didn't do a thorough study over those areas because i didnt have enough time(example: bcs.. damn) and only finished my summaries last night. It wasn't that anything seemed difficult or tricky, it was just that i didn't knw them in as much depth as i would have liked.
To be honest, I thought mult choice was possibly the hardest part of the paper.
for some reason catholic papers this yr (for science).. have had hard multiple choice questions...

no projectile??

well we only did get 1 but it was worth 4 marks

there was a 4 marks question on twins going somweher 6.8 light yrs away (sound familiar?)... i know i've seen that somwehere...

i hated that question... nywas.... there was a fair bit on time,mass dillation and length contraction

!lukey!

HSC
dont think we did that coz one of the q2q pages had another sheet glued ontop of it and i didnt get a chance to take out the exam either... do u remember the question?

richz

it had that binding energy / nucleon, and u had to explain the importance of fe 56

!lukey!

HSC
nah we didnt do that one then... we had something on the significance of the manhattan project on society

Antwan23q

God
HSC
id say all up it was a really easy test. i didnt get that one eith xrtzx. also it was only after the test i relaised that the copper, silicon and glass were conductor, semiconductor and insulator.

Zatts

HSC
CSSA said:
Q3) Astronauts are more easily able to cope with an application of g-forces which results in the eyeballs undergoing relative motion towards the body rather than away from it. Which of the following combination of astronaut positions are most desirable to achieve this effect?

(A) Astronaut facing in the direction of motion during the launch and re-entry
(B) Astronaut facing opposite to the direction of motion during launch and re-entry
(C) Astronaut facing in the direction of motion during launch and facing in the opposite to the direction of motion during re-entry
(D) Astronaut facing opposite to the direction of motion during launch and facing in the direction of motion during re-entry
This barely counts as a Space question...kinda random...

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)