• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

2005 History Extension Major Project Topics (2 Viewers)

veridis

droog
HSC
i wouldnt call it catholic values so much as conservative values wich are becoming more dominant worldwide not just in RoI. but i agree the whole us and them motivation behind the conflict is in part what makes it so tedious. the real issues have long been forgotten and now its just we hate them because we always have. much like how i view the israeli-palistine conflict

glycerine

so don't even ask me
HSC
Yeah, I agree to an extent, but I do think one of the main problems is that many of Ireland's laws are not secular. Although hopefully this'll change as it becomes more multicultural - I've spent quite a bit of time in Ireland, although I had a gap in visits between 1995-2002 and the amount of Asian and African people there increased by honestly about 250%. When I went there in the mid 90s, they were basically *all* Caucasian.
My Dad has a shirt saying "IRA - Undefeated Army". My mum won't let him wear it in public :p

veridis

droog
HSC
well i can understand how wearing and IRA shirt in public may not be an entirely sane thing to do
and you have to consider alot where you went each time. every time i go on holidays outside of cities here in aus i'm always surprised by how massively anglo dominated everything is.
cant say i'm familiar with irish laws at all so will have to take note of that

djmattyd

HSC
I'm looking at the Warren Commission and the Assassination of JFK. I'm currently writing out the Proposal, do you think this is a well structured question:

"What are historian’s opinions regarding the President’s Commission Into the Assassination of President Kennedy (Warren Commission), and why are they different?"

I think I'm already falling behind! This course is so much work!

veridis

droog
HSC
well structured but possibly a bit long. teachers generaly dont liek the two part q's
just go with something like "Evaluate the portrayals of the Warren Comission" or "Assess the differing opinions on the President’s Commission Into the Assassination of President Kennedy "

foxster

HSC
im doing :

discuss the role and function of historical myth in society, with specific reference to the myth of Atlantis--then as secondary questions--why the myth has endured, and how historical myth is manipulated for different audiences (ie children, seen through the disney movies)

what do ppl think...pm me if u have any criticisms or flashing lightbulbs!!

Kant

HSC
im doing

What are the major contributing factors that led to the decline and fall
of the Habsburg Monarchy (Austrian)

nevermeantit

Im thinking of doing.
how has the portrayal and views of Cleoparta VII changed over time. or to waht extent did her relationships with JC and MA affect links with Rome
or my other option is- to what extent was alexander teh great trying to promote hellinism in teh middle east/ what were his intentions...
wat do you think

waterfowl

HSC
Kant said:
im doing

What are the major contributing factors that led to the decline and fall
of the Habsburg Monarchy (Austrian)
Yay! Someone else doing the Habsburgs! I did Friedrich IV for this year 04. A little hint, be a bit more concise, the Habsburgs are a very big topic. Maybe focus on one or two particular factors, and then discuss different historians viewpoints on how these led to the decline of the Monarchy.
This book really helped me, it is a complete history from start to finish practically. "Habsburgs - Embodying Empire" by Andrew Wheatcroft.

Russian Spy

HSC
Well I'm not sure about the question but i might do something about Pol Pot or the Boxer Rebellion...

K

katie_tully

I'm doing Vlad Tepes, aka Dracula to see how he influenced modern day vampire stories.

TheCancerMan

HSC
Im doing the portrayal of Alexander the Great through historians writings eg good or evil. i think it might be a hell of a lot of work but ive got to keep my self occupied.

astro

HSC
I think i'm going to do the America Civil War and the controversy surrounding the causes...
is it too broad?

veridis

droog
HSC
alexander the great is a real interesting topic. i love how greece, macdonia, serbia and even albania claim he was theirs and have used him as a patriotic figurehead at different times

Kant

HSC
waterfowl said:
Yay! Someone else doing the Habsburgs! I did Friedrich IV for this year 04. A little hint, be a bit more concise, the Habsburgs are a very big topic. Maybe focus on one or two particular factors, and then discuss different historians viewpoints on how these led to the decline of the Monarchy.
This book really helped me, it is a complete history from start to finish practically. "Habsburgs - Embodying Empire" by Andrew Wheatcroft.

Ok, thanks, ill have a look into that!

emo_chick

HSC
hey..im new to this. i need so much help coz everyone seems to have their topic in my class except for me. i was thinking of doin the exodus..if it really happened..but it seems a bit difficult coz itz so old etc! my frend also told me to stay away from bible stories..

seeing as im doin ancient history i was thinking of doing something more modern and was thinking of something on Leonardo da Vinci or the Romanov Family/murder 1917 (Anastasia)..any suggestion of what i should do or a question i can focus on?

vegemite

HSC
I was thinking of doing something on Robert Falcon Scott's journey and subsequent death in Antarctica. His personal journal that was found with his body has supposedly been heavily edited by his family to portray him in a softer light. What do you guys think of this topic?

Srah202038

Awesomenaut
HSC
Personally, I was thinking of doing something about the dominance of the Women's Social and Political Union (ie, the British suffragettes) by the Pankhurst family - Emmeline and her two daughters Sylvia and Christabel.
Sadly, my school wants my proposal.. ah, last Friday. o_O And I don't know what the hell I'm going to write about. Don't you just love indecision?

icedcoffee123

HSC
[so far so good i have a topic and maybe my question!!!!! so happy
topic: Titanic
question: raising of the titanic is it possible ethical and exploring a whole bunch of otha stuff with it 2!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)