2005 (1 Viewer)

tRiXsTa

HSC
So are there any other new EX 2 ppl out there ? (as in ppl doing their HSC in 2005?)
Has anyone got any tips? How late is too late to actually have a solid idea on what we wanna write about? Currently i'm playing around with too many ideas...and feeling rather behind the rest of the worlds population , that have obivously finsihed there stories by now !!(that could possible have been a slight exageration!)
I'd love to hear any advice any past EX2ee's may have !!

HSC
N/A
Dude, I like, had only written half a page composed of three paragraphs, which were three different ways of opening up a story. I also scrapped them completely.

I really only got my idea in early February, I think, and still finished my story and RS quite fine. CALM DOWN! Most people will not have "the idea" until during the holidays or early next year. I didn't even have a first full draft until the second week of the 1st/2nd term holidays!

tRiXsTa

HSC
lol yeah i think i stress out too easily!! Anyone know anything to pervent that? ...Like good story lines

HSC
N/A
I pretty much knew that inspiration would strike sooner or later. Just keep an open mind, and "experiement". Within writing a few paragraphs or pages, you'll know if it's a good idea. That's how I found out, anyway - all my other ideas didn't last for very long/I wasn't able to work them through very well.

nick1048

Mè çHöP ŸèW
The Mat®ix Ordinates: Sector 1-337- Statu
HSC
yeah I agree with glitter, I've done a bunch of genre and conventional research and basically you need a raw outline/template of what a short story should look like and then u just fill in the gaps with what u wanna get out of it ^_^

s0k0y0e0

HSC
I'm a 05er

I'm doing my HSC in 05 aswell!
I'm in EXACTLY the same position as you, and I thought I was the only one!
I have a couple of ideas; kinda, but now I just don't have any inspiration and am getting bored with it, I don't know what to do!!

I know we have heaps of time, but I too am beginning to stress casue I don't want to get too far behind everyone else, then my teacher will be on my back!

HSC
N/A
just write dear hearts, just write!

Since you are doing EE2 it is my assumption that you do so because a) you have talent and b) you know it (now now, don't be shy!).

Granted, a lot of what you write might be best suited to a bonfire rather than human consumption, but it will get your mind working, and who knows? You might just hit upon something.

I would say that if you haven't got your idea by the end of Febuary, THEN you can really start stressing out. Until then, just keep an open mind, and write whatever strikes you.

s0k0y0e0

HSC
thanks glitterfairy!

thanks heaps for your reply!

Your really good at putting things in perspective!

HSC
N/A
LOL.

I did my HSC... now is the time for sitting back, trying desperately to stay cool in this RIDICULOUS HEAT, and being helpful :) In hindsight, I can definately say that you have nothing to worry about at this stage. :)

J

jhakka

I can't say much that Lynn hasn't covered, but I do have one word: Relax.

Don't stress. If you can get a first draft done by early Term 2 you should have heaps of time to be finished comfortably. :)

tRiXsTa

HSC
Thanks guys!! your really are helping to put my mind at ease....but yeah the hard part is now finding the time and motivation to sit down and write something...why is the first sentaence...make that paragraph so hard to start...

HSC
N/A
Well, everyone has burnout, and sometimes trying too hard - for too long - is actually not very helpful. So like everything else, take a break - go do something that will completely take over your mind, and then go back to your work with a fresh start. You still have PLENTY OF TIME!

HSC
Hey there. ok, you two guys stressing a bit about ideas and how to start is, er, kinda freaking me! peeps in my class, including me, are not too worried about the stress side of it... maybe for now that's a good thing? coz everyone has these great ideas and when they're explaining it to everyone, the always finish with the line "i dunno, just a thought..." So maybe not concentrating (just repeating above messages here) will help and the ideas will knock on your door soon (unfortunately for me, under my door i keep finding a note saying "We called earlier, sorry we missed you...") :vcross:

boasboy

MUSTARD*
HSC
yer.. one person in my class started their researching and stuff since year 10! and now he's got like 2 journals and a completed draft that has been redrafted over 2 years.. what a crazy guy :D

i just handed in my proposal.. hope it goes well ^_^
is it okay if i say in my proposal that i didn't really start my research into all the genre stuff and things.. cos that's what i sed ._." i told the whole TRUTH! >><-"

tRiXsTa

HSC
Lol thats insane (that guy having started thinking about it two years ago) then again if i'd have actually been living in this state i may have known Ext 2 existed (doesn't in QLD) then i may have been thinking about it ages ago as well....
only thing is that i'd put heaps of pressure on myself for it to be heaps good cause i'd of had alot longer then everyone else to do it!!

veridis

droog
HSC
hey whats crazy about 2 years. my films basicly and advanced version of a story i wrote in a year 10 exam. i'm just hoping that the marker likes my film cause my journal is shit as and i cant see it improving. its too tedious to write down every little change to how you envision each scene

tRiXsTa

HSC
yeah i can imagine!! itd be heaps tedious!! i seriously wouldnt have the patience....well good luck with it... i think it'll be bad enough for me to have to draft and re draft stuff...id rather do something once and do it properly the first time... but don't worry i know thats not want a 'author' should be like...

HSC
i've gotta say i've never done a draft in my LIFE. *gasp* I always write like a paragraph and edit that to death, then do the same for the rest of it. I've been told that it's a 'bad habit'...but gah! i don't think i actually have the energy to draft, and draft, and draft. If i feel that i don't like where things are going within a few sentences, do i keep going knowing it's crap? no. i bale all cargo and edit like crazy :cool:

*HonEy*

HSC
U guyS r FreaKin mE OuuuT

ookkk wat the!! started working on yr 12 in yrrr 10, i dnt start assessments till the day b4 its dueee.. lol and all off u sound sooo smart soRRy If sounds bit gayyy
i Cnt compete with all u smart peoople!!! im gona fail jst did my eng assessment 2day ran out of time as usualll yy is DAt Bad?? wat should i doo ive sooo much 2 write and i cnt concentrate until the 15th minute of the assessment!!!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)