2005 (1 Viewer)

HSC
hey, just call me miss-leave-to-the-LITERAL-last-minute...so far for yr 12 i have done every assessment the day before, including my proposal (started midnight the night before) but for me that's the only way to do it: i can only concentrate in big blocks of time. Ps i have same problem. TIME = my enemy. oh yes, he's on my to-die list. i've gotta walk in with most stuff prepared. why can't we just talk into a recorder and hand that in to the bos markers? cruel world...

HSC
N/A
archangel leila said:
hey, just call me miss-leave-to-the-LITERAL-last-minute...so far for yr 12 i have done every assessment the day before, including my proposal (started midnight the night before) but for me that's the only way to do it: i can only concentrate in big blocks of time. Ps i have same problem. TIME = my enemy. oh yes, he's on my to-die list. i've gotta walk in with most stuff prepared. why can't we just talk into a recorder and hand that in to the bos markers? cruel world...
Heeheehee... SAME!

This is why my EE2 teacher started saying "Now Lynn, if you don't have your first full draft by ______, bad things are going to happen..."

"Lynn, if you don't have x amount of words by Monday...."

:D I did the work. This is why I love EE2, because it allows you to work the way you do best. Furthermore, if you have a good teacher, they'll work with you - YOUR WAY, in order to produce the best results.

tRiXsTa

HSC
so your screwed if ya dont have a good teacher......looks like an interesting year is yet to be had...
what are stimulus peice are you guys doing out of the booklet thing>? do we all get the same one?

tRiXsTa

HSC
wait... let me rephrase......what stimulus peice is everyone doing out of the booklet? ( the one above didnt make much sense...sorry!!) do we all get the same booklet...how boring...

HSC
N/A
Hmm I hope he means English: Area of Study (Journeys), because I didn't do a stimulus for EE2?!?!?!

tRiXsTa

HSC
Just to set the record straight i'm actually a girl....but yeah i was talking about Advanced English and the area of study (Journeys') just curious as to what text's out of the booklet that other EX2 people did/are going to do.....

sorry if i confused anyone.....

HSC
N/A
ah, thank you, and sorry about mistaken gender :)

I did Journey To The Interior/Inner Journeys

_muse_

Come on join the joyride
HSC
off whatever topic u ppl r talking about... im a 05er.. hooray for me..

my proposal 'interview' thingy is on monday and i have no idea. but hey, i spose i can jus pretend i know wat im doing, and then miraculously change my ENTIRE idea...

:)

HSC
absolutely, have a feeling i'll change mine too when actually start drafting...no wait...IF i start drafting. The hols are a wonderful thing.

You're proposal's an interview? our's was just 1200 words written. So your's is sorta like a pre-reflection viva voce?

_muse_

Come on join the joyride
HSC
we have a 15 minute interview with 2 teachers.. then 2 days later we hand in a 700 word written of what we said in our interview...

its so easy jus to make it all up but...

tRiXsTa

HSC
Well once again i feel realatively confused....(could also be just because i'm blonde :)....) cause seriously we dont have anything for EX2 due untill Feb next year therfore i feel like eveyrone else will be almost finished by then....hmm how gay

HSC
nah don't worry, everyone hands proposals in at different times. If u want, you could write it now, then you'd be the same as everyone? Haha but who'd wanna do that? and speaking for myself, you won't be that far ahead, trust me.... :D

_muse_

Come on join the joyride
HSC
woohoo the interview is over.. i made up so much stuff to fill in time.. but amazingly, i got ideas from all the bull i was saying :) hooray for my bullsh*tting skills :)

tRiXsTa

HSC
congrats on the completed interview muse!! I hope mine goes just as well as yours seems to have gone!! i think i'll be doing the same as you, making up stuff to fill in the blanks (therefore the whole idea!! :) )

So has everyone else been loaded up wiht stuff to do over the holidays? (i swear teachers must think we get bored or something and that we'll die if we actually CHOOSE to read a book for sheer pleasure or if we actually WATCH a movie WITHOUT annalysing it....seriously how can they assume we've got all this spare time on our hands to do assignments over the holidays?) i think they need their heads checked :)>

HSC
Unfortunately, i'm afraid we've already passed the bludgeful holidays. The end of last term was IT i believe...? i wish i'd have understood what was ahead of me THEN and found a way out or something :devil: But alas i'll be working all the time i'm home these hols (which after tomorrow, yay!) because i'm going to america for 3 weeks...so the next 7 weeks will be probably be the best/worst of my life! What do you have to have done in terms of drafting by start of term 1? our teacher reckons 1st draft should be pretty much finished...optimistic little english man... :cool:

_muse_

Come on join the joyride
HSC
our teacher gave us today a booklet of stuff that we have to have completed in terms of our journal..... but other than that basically we have to be finished completely by June.. so there is plenty of time for editing and proofreading and all that business

tRiXsTa

HSC
well our teacher, who is also our extension 1 teacher has given us a pile.....short story books to read and do some exercises from (sposedly to get us in the mood...but the way were going i doubt we'll have time to even start writing our major piece) then we're sposed to have our proposal ready to hand in (yeah i know alot of you guys have allready done that...but i'll still be freaking out!!) then i'm gonna have to do my PIP for Society and Culture.
However i also had this unrealistic notion (well its unrealistic now) of actual spending time REALLY studing... like sitting down and revising stuff etc....well they were the intentions but i think they've gone out the window...along with the 'supposed holiday' ...
.i so agree though, i reckon our REAL holidays were the last ones...not the ones coming....oh how i wish i had of made note of that and used those long sun-drenched days lazing by the pool with a ice cold cocktail....but its back to reality...at least for another year anyways...

tRiXsTa

HSC
oh yeah i forgot the fact that she wants us to have a completed draft aswell....they seriously do expect too much!!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)