2006 & 2008 3u HSC's (1 Viewer)

sinsolja

HSC
If we get a similar paper, ill rage. I finished them now and got screwed over.

taeyang

HSC
I finished 2006 today... it was hard and probably only got 85% with more than 2hours.. I don't know what happened, even the circle geometry and the trigonometric functions raped me.. and they're my best topics.

TheCardician

HSC
I did the 2008 paper just then, it was probably the hardest paper I've done. Hence, I went garbage haha 60/84

Last edited:

michaeljennings

HSC
Ill be looking for u in the state ranks page! whats your name?
My name is Michael Jennings, however you will not find me in the state ranks page =(. I work better at home than when im actually doing an exam under proper conditions at school

michaeljennings

HSC
I'm normally the opposite, or so I hope. Except when i get the bloody squeaky desk!
Ahh yeah id much rather be in your shoes. Like for my trial I finished after 1 hour and 15 mins and I thought I was gonna get 84/84 so I started to get like super nervous when I was checking and i couldnt concentrate, it felt like I was having a breakdown or something from being too excited about getting full marks lol so in the end I didnt check my answers properly and I ended up making 6 silly mistakes fml =/ So for the hsc im just aiming for 80/84

barbernator

HSC
Ahh yeah id much rather be in your shoes. Like for my trial I finished after 1 hour and 15 mins and I thought I was gonna get 84/84 so I started to get like super nervous when I was checking and i couldnt concentrate, it felt like I was having a breakdown or something from being too excited about getting full marks lol so in the end I didnt check my answers properly and I ended up making 6 silly mistakes fml =/ So for the hsc im just aiming for 80/84
You are a beast! what trial paper did u do? and I hate checking over a test, when you know that you cant fully check over each answer, so you have to guess which ones you think need checking and end up skipping others! That happened in the trial, where i couldn't do 2 questions, so i worked on one for 10mins, got near the solution but thought i was wasting time, so i switched to the other, but then I didn't get either done so it was just a waste of time!! aargh

michaeljennings

HSC
You are a beast! what trial paper did u do? and I hate checking over a test, when you know that you cant fully check over each answer, so you have to guess which ones you think need checking and end up skipping others! That happened in the trial, where i couldn't do 2 questions, so i worked on one for 10mins, got near the solution but thought i was wasting time, so i switched to the other, but then I didn't get either done so it was just a waste of time!! aargh
I go to Baulko, the paper was relatively easy especially since the last question was a projectile motion one where you simply had to show V and theta and time were of a certain value. Luckily it was a show that question cos the first few times I worked it out I didnt get the right answer so if I didnt know what I was trying to find I would have gotten it wrong

TheCardician

HSC
That's ironic hahah, you're aiming for 80/84, yet you got 83 in the 2006 paper, which was a relatively hard paper. But I suppose if exam conditions be stressful, obtaining higher mark could be a turn off.

michaeljennings

HSC
That's ironic hahah, you're aiming for 80/84, yet you got 83 in the 2006 paper, which was a relatively hard paper. But I suppose if exam conditions be stressful, obtaining higher mark could be a turn off.
yeahh haha aiming high jsut stresses me out and I end up messing up. I did better at my maths exams when I didnt care about what I got (ie the first two assessments) and then I didnt go as well for the last two because my expectations were too high

Did u come 1st in ext1?
No I came 7th/169 which I was pretty pleased with

barbernator

HSC
yeahh haha aiming high jsut stresses me out and I end up messing up. I did better at my maths exams when I didnt care about what I got (ie the first two assessments) and then I didnt go as well for the last two because my expectations were too high

No I came 7th/169 which I was pretty pleased with
LOL 169 people do ext1 maths! for u to come 7th is great especially at baulko

michaeljennings

HSC
LOL 169 people do ext1 maths! for u to come 7th is great especially at baulko
mm yeah I reckon if we are lucky the people ranked higher than me can probs state rank, they have the ability to score full marks as long as they dont make silly mistakes. and even if i score 84/84 I think my internal rank will count against me anyway so it would be hard for me to state rank cos a lot of people in the state get 84 for ext 1

barbernator

HSC
mm yeah I reckon if we are lucky the people ranked higher than me can probs state rank, they have the ability to score full marks as long as they dont make silly mistakes. and even if i score 84/84 I think my internal rank will count against me anyway so it would be hard for me to state rank cos a lot of people in the state get 84 for ext 1
yeh, i dont know how they get 1 person who tops the state when there is more than 1 person who gets full marks, and most probably more than 1 person who got full marks who was first in their school?

michaeljennings

HSC
how many do ext2 then?
Started with 100+ but a few people dropped so i think its 98 atm, my rank isnt great cos I was a bit arrogant and didnt study for trials which were worth 45% and I got a bottom 10 mark so my overall rank dropped to 49

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)