2006 Units (1 Viewer)

Sweet_Lemon

Final Sem'
HSC
AsyLum said:
I've done in excess of the minimum 68 CP that are needed for my degree, due to me having transferred from the first year BA.

Now e-student won't allow me to choose electives freely without me having to request it be allowed from them, since ive gone past this 68 CP limit. (said its a policy of theirs)

Which is pissing me off, cos now im waiting on a few emails asking whether i should request these electives or not, so right now im a part-time student (forced) because all ive enrolled in are the cores :(
That's not really nice of them. Aren't electives meant to be something 2 choose without any restriction?

GL with ya emails^^

iambored

dum-di-dum
HSC
Yes, but on e-student when you enrol in the minimum number of cp required for your degree, by default, they won't let you enrol in anything else.

cr in accg

HSC
AsyLum said:
I've done in excess of the minimum 68 CP that are needed for my degree, due to me having transferred from the first year BA.

Now e-student won't allow me to choose electives freely without me having to request it be allowed from them, since ive gone past this 68 CP limit. (said its a policy of theirs)

Which is pissing me off, cos now im waiting on a few emails asking whether i should request these electives or not, so right now im a part-time student (forced) because all ive enrolled in are the cores :(
thats exactly what happened to me. Just send them an email telling them the subjects you want to do. This semester im doing

ACCG323
ACCG340
DEM355 >> it happened to me with this one

AsyLum

Premium Member
HSC
N/A
iambored said:
Yes, but on e-student when you enrol in the minimum number of cp required for your degree, by default, they won't let you enrol in anything else.
Yeah incredibly homo. You gotta 'request' that shit, fuck them, ill just wait till first week of uni and enrol through the CoP forms

Majesty

HSC
N/A
Let me start off by saying holy crap.. i haven't posted here in ages :)

Anyway this is my lineup for my final year at Mac! Woohoo!

COMP346 - Information Systems Project (full year)
BBA350 - Strategic Management I
BBA250 - Human Resource Management
MPCE360 - Technology Management
BBA315 - Business Forecasting

COMP346 - Information Systems Project (full year)
BBA351 - Strategic Management II
ACCG355 - Accounting Info Mgmt
ACCG353 - Corporate Financial Design
BBA216 - Business Communication Skills

Anyone doin any of the above in the semesters?
Woo its been 2 year sor something for me here!

Cyan_phoeniX

HSC
N/A
iambored said:
thats exactly my problem. i cant enroll in my last unit because ive got above the minimum electives (shouldnt it be called 'maximum electives?').. thing is, ive chosen all psych units... how the heck are they electives?? grrrr.

iambored

dum-di-dum
HSC
AsyLum said:
Yeah incredibly homo. You gotta 'request' that shit, fuck them, ill just wait till first week of uni and enrol through the CoP forms
but then you don't have the chance of getting first choice for class times, which will piss me off, they must get so many people asking to add cp, as cyan said, they should have max enrolment (which doesn't exist, so they should just let us enrol in anything without any extra crap)

Last edited:

AsyLum

Premium Member
HSC
N/A
The music subs i want to do only have a 1-2 classes :)

MaryJane

Extraordinary Machine
HSC
Cyan_phoeniX said:
thats exactly my problem. i cant enroll in my last unit because ive got above the minimum electives (shouldnt it be called 'maximum electives?').. thing is, ive chosen all psych units... how the heck are they electives?? grrrr.
Did you 'unlock' the set of psych units to do, rather than just electing them as any other elective? Down the bottom of the estudent screen when you go to the enrollment page, there is a 'set' you have to unlock of 300-psych units work 8 cp.

Just a thought.

My life at MQ for 2006 (once estudent stops being a bitch):

S1:
LAW314
LAW316
PSY309

S2:
LAW315
LAW317
PSY332
PSY334

alibi

HSC
Units

Hello,

i'm an international student (don't panic - i'm not asian) doing a double degree (cooperation between university of Hamburg and MQ). I'll come to MQ for my final year and the units i take are:

BBA315 -> Business Forecasting
BBA350 -> Strategic Management I
ACCG350 -> Financial Statement Analysis
BUSL301 -> Corporations Law

BBA216 -> Business Communication Skills
BBA351 -> Strategic Management II
ACCG353 -> Corporate Financial Design
BUSL388 -> China Trade and Investment Law

Has anyone done these units yet and can tell me what they are going to be? I'm not sure about this combination and if i should kick either the law- or the accounting-units out for some fun things like marketing. Units of choice would be BBA340 and BBA303 then.

regards

Andreas

Skittled

What did the crab do?
HSC
Hey Andreas! Welcome to Australia!... or... a forum full of Australians, for the moment anyway. ;) I'll be doing BBA350/1 with you, too!
(Can't help regarding the Law/Accg dilemma, though, sorry)

2006-1:
If everything works according to plan:
* BBA350
* BBA207
* BUSL333
* PSY307
* ISYS123

2006-2:
*Psy332
*Psy334
*BBA217
*BBA351

Last edited:

philly17

i have no enrolment advice. I cant seem to enrol is a BA DIP ED concurrent degree???

alibi

HSC
double degree

I'm doing two separate degrees. I'll get a diploma from my home university in hamburg and a bachelor degree from MQ (if I pass the third-year-units). It is possible, because i get credit for my first two years at my home university.

fornstar

QUEENSLANDER!!!!
HSC
due to elective contraints, i have to replace SOC234 with MUS102 for my 2nd semester elective. however i still manage to keep my 3 days off uni a week

GoodToGo

HSC
N/A
alibi said:
Hello,

i'm an international student (don't panic - i'm not asian)
cos asians normally induce a panic attack and all..

alibi

HSC
asian students

Sorry, that wasn't meant as an offence but i've read some comments from other people here who are concerned about too many asians at the uni, or who avoid asian students when it comes to group assignments.

Supra

secksy beast
HSC
alibi said:
Sorry, that wasn't meant as an offence but i've read some comments from other people here who are concerned about too many asians at the uni, or who avoid asian students when it comes to group assignments.
there are indian international students as well...lol collectively, they are known as fobs...

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)