• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

2007 Federal Election - Coalition or Labor/Howard or Rudd? (1 Viewer)

Coalition or Labor/Howard or Beazley?

• Coalition

Votes: 249 33.3%
  • Labor

Votes: 415 55.5%
  • Still undecided

Votes: 50 6.7%
  • Apathetic

Votes: 34 4.5%

• Total voters

Iron

Ecclesiastical Die-Hard
HSC
From what i've seen, a lot of gen-ys like us have become personally invested in the outcome of this election. I think we'll be totally dissillusioned with our ability to change things if Rudd loses. Doomed to the irrelevancy of gen-x

Nebuchanezzar

Banned
HSC
Triangulum said:
Certainly am! But I won't be on the floor sobbing or slitting my wrists or anything if Labor doesn't win. If the voters decide to reelect Howard, then that's democracy, and I can deal with it.
I can't. :(

Generator

HSC
N/A
National Press Club - Federal Election 2007 Speaker’s Program

In addition to the previously mentioned debate between Mr Hockey and Ms Gillard on 7 November, Mr Turnbull and Mr Garrett will be discussing the Environment on 8 November and Mr Downer and Mr McClelland will be discussing Foreign Affairs on 15 November.

Edit: Iron mentioned the Environment debate on the previous page (50 posts per page for me). Oh well, it can't hurt to mention it again.

Last edited:

umop 3pisdn

Banned
HSC
Iron said:
From what i've seen, a lot of gen-ys like us have become personally invested in the outcome of this election. I think we'll be totally dissillusioned with our ability to change things if Rudd loses. Doomed to the irrelevancy of gen-x
as a gen-y i'll be quite content with my ability to crush those who wish to change things :D

Rafy

Retired
HSC
Uni Grad
Garrett says ALP will change policies

PETER Garrett has reportedly told a journalist that Labor would change its policies once in power, in an enormous campaign gaffe.

"Once we get in we'll just change it all," Mr Garrett said to high-profile radio announcer Steve Price.

The accident-prone ALP environment spokesman made the gaffe of the election campaign of a proportion that may have major impact on Labor's chance of snaring power federally. [...]

Nebuchanezzar

Banned
HSC
I was listening to Steve Price carrying on like a lunatic on the way home today. A caller rang up and said that Richard Wilkins (the other bloke) has been siding with Garrett, saying that the whole conversation was a bit of a joke. I tend to agree.

Triangulum

Dignitatis Contentio
HSC
Nebuchanezzar said:
I was listening to Steve Price carrying on like a lunatic on the way home today. A caller rang up and said that Richard Wilkins (the other bloke) has been siding with Garrett, saying that the whole conversation was a bit of a joke. I tend to agree.
Yeah, Wilkins said that on Nine News. But nice to see The Australian indulging in its typical anti-Labor hyperbole. "The gaffe of the campaign"? "May have a major impact on Labor's chances"?

Iron

Ecclesiastical Die-Hard
HSC
Hahaha what a nong. I wonder if this will cost him the portfolio. Some serious balancing of Garett's assets and liabilities must be going on.

K

katie_tully

Garrett is having a cry because they want to charge him $12,000 to view documents regarding the Great Barrier Reef. Documents he claim the government is hiding...despite the fact the letter from FOI clearly states he refused to pay $12,000 so thats why he isnt getting the info.

I dont like Garrett, I think Ive said this earlier.

jb_nc

Google "9-11" and "truth"
HSC
N/A
katie_tully said:
Garrett is having a cry because they want to charge him $12,000 to view documents regarding the Great Barrier Reef. Documents he claim the government is hiding...despite the fact the letter from FOI clearly states he refused to pay $12,000 so thats why he isnt getting the info.

I dont like Garrett, I think Ive said this earlier.
Yes, paying $12 000 for documents under the freedom of information act is entirely fair.

Even if you're a random citizen, which is what the FOI laws are for, without access to $12 000. It's fair. :rolleyes:

K

katie_tully

I dunno, the itemised it. As if he was going to be paying the $12,000 anyway. I'm sure it would have been coming out of the kevin 07 funds, Why else is there a 'donate' button on their website?

iEdd

HSC
It's basically:
"Oh you only want that information to help your side in the election". Which is pretty much why nothing productive gets done during the months up to the election.

jb_nc

Google "9-11" and "truth"
HSC
N/A
katie_tully said:
I dunno, the itemised it. As if he was going to be paying the $12,000 anyway. I'm sure it would have been coming out of the kevin 07 funds, Why else is there a 'donate' button on their website?
I couldn't care if he was the King of the Universe with access to all of the world's gold, no one should be forced to pay $12 000 for FOI requests.

K

katie_tully

Yeah, they said something like that too. Something like, he wasn't going to release all of it to the public, only the bits that suit his campaign therefore no dice.

K

katie_tully

I couldn't care if he was the King of the Universe with access to all of the world's gold, no one should be forced to pay $12 000 for FOI requests.
Meh.

Graney

Horse liberty
HSC
katie_tully said:
Something like, he wasn't going to release all of it to the public, only the bits that suit his campaign therefore no dice.
But nothings stopping them releasing their own bits and producing a rounded rebuttal. They can't defend their views (or cbf) in proper debate.

K

katie_tully

But nothings stopping them releasing their own bits and producing a rounded rebuttal. They can't defend their views (or cbf) in proper debate.
Perks of being the Government.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)