2007 Mtp Forum (1 Viewer)

HSC
Hi all!
I thought I'd make a forum for the 2007 T&D students as most of the other forums on here are old.
How's everyone going with their MTP's?
Personally I'm very scared, and nervous, especially because I don't know if I'll do well, or if I'll finish on time. It's alot of damn hard work.
And does anyone know how to get into Texstyle? Do you have to get full makrs on the MTP and the portfolio? It would be great to know.

Last edited:

andipandi

HSC
hay i hav no idea how to get into texstyle lol u prob need 2 get band 6 so 90 or higher lol

i was jst wondering wat r u making n wat topic ur up to at the moment
lol

HSC
Hi there! And welcome to the board.
Well, I'm pretty sure you need to get 100% for your whole MTP to get into Texstyle. It was different previous years, like you could of just had a good idea, but made badly, but they keep changing their minds about it. Not sure how it really is at the moment, but I'm under that impression.
Me? I'm making a textile art. The theme is pretty weird. What are you making?
Topic? Like in the theory work? Or the MTP work? We're still on the contemporary designer in the theory and we're actually handing our Design Inspiration section of our MTP up tomorrow for a look over and mark.

andipandi

HSC
yeah how gud would it be if u get into texstyle lol
im making apparal

well good luck with ur inspiration
n yeah were up to fabric decoration coz we did designers b4 hand

lol wat skool do u go to?????????

vix-zotik

HSC
Hey Textiles peoples of 07!!
oh my gosh im making my formal drezz =]
It's going pretty good so far :D

So where is everyone from ?
Oh yeah and how much have you spent on your major work so far lol

R

roseymariee!

Hey everyone!
I'm doing a range of facinators, either based on a particular theme, or fascinators through the years, from 1900 - present day.
Hows everyone going with the portfolio? Done much towards it?

R

roseymariee!

Oh i wish our teacher was doing that too rubificticious! she has barely given us any direction or any work to do towards our MTP's.. so yeah we've all been pretty self directed so far. i think i'll do 10 fasciniators, although i'm not sure if we can actually do a range of something, like which topic would it fit into? apparell?

HSC
Wow! 10! That should be good.
Well, you can do a range of items. The focus area would depend on what the facinators would be used for as an end use. Say, if they were to wear to events and parties such as the Melbourne Cup, they would be classified as apparel. If they were for fancy dress parties, they would be in the costume focus area. It's just up to you and what you intend them to be used for.

HSC
OK. So so far we have 4 people that are doing HSC Textiles in 2007.
Come on! That can't be all there is!

~nat~

HSC
hey:)
its good to hear you all seem to be on track with ur mtp's. unfortunatly i am not. i have only just, and i mean just, worked out what i am going to be making. but all though i know what i am making, i dont have any idea of inpiration or theme.
so this i where i need ur help. :) any suggestions would be heaps appreciated.
by the way i'm making handbags.
xoxox

HSC
Oh, that's shocking to hear!
At least you have some direction now.
I know I took forever to come up with my idea.
What in specific would you like help with?

~nat~

HSC
yeh, it is a relief to know what i'll be doing...well kinda know what i'll be doing
umm i just need a bit of help with like a theme that i do. some form of inspiration. like some ppl i know are doing stuff inpired by the 1950's or season or a movie, where as i have no idea at all. because i cant see how i can work anything into my bags.

e.m.m.y..l.o.u.

HSC
hi all!
sounds like everyone is doing pretty well with their MTP's which is good to hear!
i'm making a costume (for the feather duster in beauty and the beast) and just like rubifictious, my teacher is getting us to hand in a mock-up of our portolio in sections. is really good to have her making us do it, otherwise i would probably just keep putting it off until it is too late. so far we have done V.D.D and Design Inspiration.
as far as getting into textsyle works, i don't 100% understand it but i know for sure you do not have to get 100. it's something like they pick the top 5 overall and then a selection from the top 10% i think. so you need to get like 90+ but they pick a range to demonstrate the different levels of excellence or something or rather. so getting over 90 wouldn't necessarily guarantee you a place in the exhibition. i dunno if i made it any more clear with that or not... but yeah. it would be so cool to get into it!
anyhoo, i better get back to my study... exams are this week and i'm having major issues with the textiles theory. we don't seem to really learn it... ugh i really don't like it. :worried:

HSC
Wow 'e.m.m.y..l.o.u.'! Your MTP sounds really interesting! Can you elaborate? Who would have thought?
Well, about Texstyles, our teacher told us that we have to get 100 to get in, but shes not sure, and neither am I! I guess I could find out through the site somehow.

HSC
LOL.
Thanks Kiks!
BTW, this is my friend Karissa who also does Textiles.
Oh, the places we could go!
LOL.

kikoloco

HSC
hahhaha for sure iza im lovin everyones ideas here they ar all so creative good luck girls!!!!!!!!!!

anna-bananna

HSC
Hi! wow sounds like everyone has some awesome ideas for their MTP, im not quite as far along as i would have hoped im just up to my design development now, i was wondering how many designs u have to do before your final design drawing, iv looked though all the requirements and ciriculum stuff but it doesnt say... is there a specific requirement or not? iv heard you have to do three and then the fourth one is your final but iv also heard that you can do two with the third your final does anyone know for sure? Thanks, Xo anna

HSC
Yes. I'm under the same impression. I've mostly seen 4 designs in total, no-one doing less than 4, some doing 5. Ask your teacher and find out. I know I'll be doing that soon.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)