• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

2007 NRL Thread (1 Viewer)

HSC
XXXX QUEENSLAND MAROONS
v New South Wales 'Wizard' Blues
Telstra Stadium
June 13, 2007

1. Karmichael HUNT (Brisbane Broncos)
2. Brent TATE (Brisbane Broncos)
3. Steven BELL (Manly Sea Eagles)
4. Justin HODGES (Brisbane Broncos)
5. Greg INGLIS (Melbourne Storm)
6. Darren LOCKYER (c) (Brisbane Broncos)
7. Johnathan THURSTON (North QLD Cowboys)
8. Steve PRICE (New Zealand Warriors)
9. Cameron SMITH (Melbourne Storm)
10. Petero CIVONICEVA (Brisbane Broncos)
11. Tonie CARROLL (Brisbane Broncos)
12. Carl WEBB (North QLD Cowboys)
13. Dallas JOHNSON (Melbourne Storm)

Interchange:
14. Shaun BERRIGAN (Brisbane Broncos)
15. Jacob LILLYMAN (North QLD Cowboys)
16. Nate MYLES (Sydney Roosters)
17. Neville COSTIGAN (Canberra Raiders)

onebytwo

Recession '08
HSC
iamsickofyear12 said:
How are we meant to score tries?

The kicking is going to be worse than it was in the first game.
what are you talking about? kimmorley is renowned for having one of the best kicking games in the nrl.
personally, i would have dropped brent kite altogether, brought mason to the front row, and put paul gallen alongside hindmarsh in the backrow

iamsickofyear12

HSC
onebytwo said:
what are you talking about? kimmorley is renowned for having one of the best kicking games in the nrl.
personally, i would have dropped brent kite altogether, brought mason to the front row, and put paul gallen alongside hindmarsh in the backrow
I watch kimmorley play basically ever week. When kicking for field position he constantly kicks it to opposition players on the full. When he is a fair distance out he always does bombs and when he is close in his grubbers and chip kicks are extremely predictable.

onebytwo

Recession '08
HSC
iamsickofyear12 said:
I watch kimmorley play basically ever week. When kicking for field position he constantly kicks it to opposition players on the full.
rubbish. you'll be surpried to know that kimmorley's long range kicks find open space more than any other player in the nrl.
When he is a fair distance out he always does bombs
what?
and when he is close in his grubbers and chip kicks are extremely predictable.
grubbers and chip kicks are the only sorts of kicks you can put in from close range

iamsickofyear12

HSC
onebytwo said:
rubbish. you'll be surpried to know that kimmorley's long range kicks find open space more than any other player in the nrl.

what?

grubbers and chip kicks are the only sorts of kicks you can put in from close range
I don't care what the stats say... every time I see him play all he does is kick it to the defense on the full. When he does find space they get it in a couple bounces.

He constantly kicks useless bombs.

I know those are the only kicks that can be done from so close in, but my point is he is so predictable with them. You know way ahead of time if he is going to chip or grubber and where the kick is going to go.

You can't judge him based on statistics or what other people say. I watch him every week and his kicking is horrible.

onebytwo

Recession '08
HSC
iamsickofyear12 said:
I know those are the only kicks that can be done from so close in, but my point is he is so predictable with them. You know way ahead of time if he is going to chip or grubber and where the kick is going to go.
yeah, from the comfort of your your couch the kicks are predictable, as for almost every other halfbacks kicking game

iamsickofyear12

HSC
chocolate_lover said:
You don't have to believe me.
...and by other people I really mean kimmorely supporters.

onebytwo said:
yeah, from the comfort of your your couch the kicks are predictable, as for almost every other halfbacks kicking game
You're right... most other halfbacks are also predictable... but kimmorely is more predictable than most.

... and his passing is horrible aswell.

jemsta

I sit here alone
HSC
yeah hopefully he learnt his lesson and the same thing doesnt happen again
if he plays well enough, then he'll probably be included in the origin 3 as well, but then theres no point if nsw loses its 2nd game

wuddie

Black by Demand
HSC
why does everyone judge his 05 origin game on 'that' pass? he actually played reasonably well in that game, until that blunder of the century. kimmorley, in all honesty, is a brave player, he goes for his tackles, dares to take on the line and he is underrated. but i still don't understand why orford hasn't got his chance yet. that bloke is running hot and i really feel sorry for him.

someone explain to me why brent kite is still in the team? shouldn't somone break his legs already?

iamsickofyear12

HSC
wuddie said:
why does everyone judge his 05 origin game on 'that' pass? he actually played reasonably well in that game, until that blunder of the century.
You answered your own question... blunder of the century.

HotShot

-_-
HSC
iamsickofyear12 said:
You answered your own question... blunder of the century.
Its Minichello fault's - thats sort of situation all the time in NRL and normally the fullback would be there in support and would have caught that ball.

But mini was out of position and Haynes did everything rite to keep the ball in NSW possession. Had he not thrown the pass he would have been pushed over, QLD would have had possesion and would have scored. On the other hand had Mini caught it NSW would have been possesion of the ball.

iamsickofyear12

HSC
HotShot said:
Its Minichello fault's - thats sort of situation all the time in NRL and normally the fullback would be there in support and would have caught that ball.

But mini was out of position and Haynes did everything rite to keep the ball in NSW possession. Had he not thrown the pass he would have been pushed over, QLD would have had possesion and would have scored. On the other hand had Mini caught it NSW would have been possesion of the ball.
Wrong game.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)