2007 NRL Thread (1 Viewer)

RiCe_GrOwEr

Designated Hitter
HSC
N/A
wuddie said:
manly, again, proves me right, too inconsistent to be a serious premiership contender. losing to the bottom team is no way excusable, no matter how many origin players are away - in fact, only 2.
I'm not making any excuses for the poor performance of the Manly boys yesterday, but we actually have 4 players playing Origin.

It make me happy to see Soward play well after the Roosters let him go.

HSC
RiCe_GrOwEr said:
I'm not making any excuses for the poor performance of the Manly boys yesterday, but we actually have 4 players playing Origin.

It make me happy to see Soward play well after the Roosters let him go.
lol. dragons had almost 10 of their top flight players out.

iamsickofyear12

HSC
wuddie said:
manly, again, proves me right, too inconsistent to be a serious premiership contender.
Apart from the Storm everyone is too inconsistent to be a serious premiership contender.

Gabble9889

HSC
im a drop dead roosters supporter!
roosters have no chance of making top eight! not with the team they have atM and with chris anderson as a coach... alot of very bad decisions have been made this year! dropping our top try scorer SKD to premier league and jamie soward to dragons!
mini wont reclaim his test jersey! back injury! hasnt played enought footy to prove himself!
dragons, panthers and roosters fight for the wooden spoon!

blackfriday

Pezzonovante
HSC
HotShot said:
Nah.. El Masri has proved himself well against taller players - the worry isnt there. The worry is whether our halves can be creative enough in attack..

Bowen is playing.. should be interesting. Um once again why isnt Orford playing?

Groethe is shit and so is King.
orford isnt playing because he has a crap long kicking game, cracks under pressure and gets hammered easily. with that said, i'd rather have him in the halves as opposed to greg bird.

el masri may be a decent defender, but seriously, under a high ball he doesn't have a chance, even though his positioning is very good and it enables him to diffuse bombs even though he's short.

HSC
lol orford couldn't even lead a manly side to victory against a heavily depleted dragons side. what hope does he have leading nsw to victory against queensland?

jemsta

I sit here alone
HSC
yeah, wouldve been more embarrassing if nsw lost that match

onebytwo

Recession '08
HSC
mason and cooper were easily the best players on field.
lol, what about the hit bird put on thurston, that was crunching.
el masri turned out to be a good go.

wuddie

Black by Demand
HSC
nsw actually played better than they did in the last two games, more ball movement and actually took some chances with the offloads with short balls. but you have to hand it to the qlders, they were imaginably tough. i mean, playing with 14 men for half the game and only gave it in the last 10min is nothing short of legendary.

that aside, very good game from the blues. especially el masri, imagine the pressure on him on his first kick on the sideline. he knows he has a job in the team to kick goals, and the first one wasn't the easiest of kicks. but he managed to nail all 3 of them, all tough kicks. that easy try in the end really rewarded his performance.

greg bird played way better than i thought, he has a sweet pass that kid. that flat ball to king when he scored was almost johns like. kimmorley however, disappointing stuff again, no direction in his play, nsw was more hopeful of scoring when bird had the ball.

all in all, consulation win for the blues, we'll be back again next year.

HotShot

-_-
HSC
It was very good game to watch the best out of all Three, but only cause the game looked even - I mean had QLD not had those injuries, NSW would have been hammered easily.

But thats QLD selectors problem for allowing Inglis to play when his knee was ok - I mean why - you have BOwen and Slater both very capable players.

Hazem El-Magic showed the importance of conversion in that game, he had dream debut 100% conversion, try and NSW win. Had Thurston converted (it wasnt that hard, by Thurston's standards but I guess thats what makes El-Magic so good), it would have been 6-6 different ball game altogether.

Price and Petero, all the QLD forwards played extremely well. Haynes was brillaint in the wings really troubled the QLD. His try was awesome.

Again there was no creativity in attack and we were just lucky that Thurston's kicking wasnt up to scratch. Lockyer as usual was brillaint. Everytime QLD were near our goal they looked like scoring. When we there on the thier side, we looked shit.

Kimmorley - he isnt fit. he reminds me of Ranatunga.

Cooper & King were crap, Cooper had so many oppurtinites..

Our forwards did a lot better in this game, but probably cos the QLD were tiring.

mat2154

HSC
kimmorley played crap cause he got a knee injury a few minutes into the second half, but decided to play on. thats why he didn't play the last 15 minutes and gidley filled at halfback. i'm pretty sure kimmorley won't get to play state of origin again the halves will probably be carney and mullen next year.

HotShot said:
Cooper & King were crap, Cooper had so many oppurtinites..
i thought that king had a really good game, back in the centres, sure cooper had a few opportunities but that was an awesome tackle from bell.

SyCoTiC

HSC
Unlucky night for the Queenslanders but the amount of toughness in their mentality was amazing. I haven't seen the Queensland team play like that since the 1998 game when they had no bench and managed to win the game, that really was a memorable game.

Next year's halves (and this is probably a bold prediction) will be Luke Walsh and Greg Bird, both very promising players and Bird has shown it himself even though I still think he's a grub with his swinging arm all night but that's all part of Origin.

Without nearly as much pressure as NSW had in the first two games they were allowed to take more risks with Muzza letting the boys loose and it paid dividends despite the fact that they turned the ball over so many times. Carroll, Price and Civo were simply awesome as was Mason and what about Dallas Johnson? He epitomised the QLD spirit right there with a 'dead-rubber' and he was persistent on coming back on the field. There's no such thing as a dead-rubber in Origin.

QUEENSLANDER!

blackfriday

Pezzonovante
HSC
as roy and hg kept going on the whole night, bird is a little mad. surprisingly, he is a pretty smart kicker. i think the blues were really missing a hitman who made it his life's aim to destroy jonno thurston. they ran the ball way more at thurston and you can see he was blunted in attack, even though his defence was top class.

from what i've seen of carney, he has immense talent, but it's his attitude that will stop him playing origin. mullen seems to be a lot more comfortable at second receiver, and being a left-sided player helps openside plays going from left to right.

Teddy Lee

HSC
I'm going to miss Berrigan next year. He's a player I really like.. He plays at club level well, plays Origin and for Australia but he kinda always flys under the radar. He was good on friday, as was Lockyer - though they let the titans back into the game! ahh well, good game.

jemsta

I sit here alone
HSC
so far not looking too good stas :(
roosters are getting pwned by the sea eagles :D

iamsickofyear12

HSC
The roosters are hopeless. They may as well give up now and forfeit the rest of the season.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)