• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

2007 NRL Thread (1 Viewer)

HSC
I'm glad the Panthers got the wooden spoon, couldn't have happened to a nicer person - Gower...

I went to the Roosters v Rabbitohs game last night, and the refereeing was a joke. How the hell did Anasta get sent off, how was Fa'alogo only given 10, that knock-on call against Fitzy was a shocker, and Mona's try should've been called a try, at the worst, given Benefit of the Doubt!

At the game I couldn't hear was Fitzy and Anasta were saying to the ref, (and what Anasta said after the game) but when I came home, my parents told me, and I burst out laughing. "You're off your head" and "We get up punch them in the head and we get the penalty, is that right?" < < That's gold. :D:D

At least the Roosters came up with a win...

happii

HSC
yeh roosters ftw hahaha. i rekon next year roosters will have a good shot. but for the mean time im going for the souths.

HSC
Yeah, I'm looking forward to next year; having Fittler as coach during the off-season should be really good for the team. Plus having Aubusson and O'Meley coming, it should be good.

For the Finals, I wouldn't mind if the Storm, Warriors or Cowboys went well, but I don't want any of the other teams to go well. Esp. Bulldogs, or Rabbitohs or Broncos. :S

happii

HSC
yeh fittler will help us a shitload. i think they are signing someone else up but forgot.

souths deserve something i rekon

HotShot

-_-
HSC
the nrl allowed him to play WITHOUT knowing he was taking drugs. johns managed to get past all the drug tests while he was playing. don't make assumptions that the nrl is always on his side. do you think something as big as this could be kept away from the media for 12 years?
I think you are the one making claims mate, are you suggesting that Johns managed to evade drug tests every time in past 12 years? Or are you suggesting that NRL didnt do drug tests often enough, as frequent enough as necessary? Either way it doesnt look good does it?
go and find out what depression is before you say another thing. it is a medical condition, which some drugs can help. but the fact that johns has taken it over the line is inexcusable. during the period when he had a broken jaw and knee and missed 2 seasons in a row and watch your team collecting the spoon, who wouldn't be depressed?
Again, mate you are the one making claims, how do you know Johns took the drug as treatment for 'depression'. He probably took the drugs and then became depressed. Either way it is irrelvent, its all excuses, just because he is depressed it doesnt give him the right to stay above the law. Had he been caught as he was in LONDON.. of all the places.. surprising he hasnt been caught in Aus before.. he would suffer the consequences and I think he should. Why should he be let off?
do you believe anything you want to believe, and all else is a whole heap of lie to you? yea, good luck with life...
Well I dont the believe that first word that comes out of a guilty person.

HotShot

-_-
HSC
stazi said:
How would they have known? He is likely to have been a casual user.
I think he was, and i think that interview was truthful and it made sense. Nevertheless it does question the NRL's drug policy.
Where are you getting that information from? Depression doesn't lead to drug use? There is a correlation between depression and drug use
Its often the other way around, drugs lead to depression. But when you think depression is over-exemplified highly complex disease that if you ask a doctor will claim every person at some point in time suffered it - depression, stress etc are a load of BS - that everyone person does go through.. but in western countries- its all hyped up as if its the end of the world.

Overgeneralisation. I don't agree that drugs are bad in all circumstances.
All drugs are in bad in all circumstances. Drugs are not natural substances, they enter your body and they change the way it functions in many ways.

Panadol, caffiene etc are all bad. But who cares, no-one gives a crap its not gonna kill you if take one or two tablets here or there, its only bad = if you take 100 of those over a week or a month.

The only circumstance where drugs are not bad, are when they are administered properly.

stazi

Nightman
HSC
HotShot said:
Its often the other way around, drugs lead to depression. But when you think depression is over-exemplified highly complex disease that if you ask a doctor will claim every person at some point in time suffered it - depression, stress etc are a load of BS - that everyone person does go through.. but in western countries- its all hyped up as if its the end of the world.
Depression can be very serious. I know people who have suffered with real depression (not the 'I am emo' depression). You can't get out of bed each morning. You lack any energy to do anything. It's an actual medical condition which is absolutely fucked up. If you've had glandular fever, remember how you felt then - devoid of energy. Basically, that's how people with depression can feel.

All drugs are in bad in all circumstances. Drugs are not natural substances, they enter your body and they change the way it functions in many ways.
Panadol, caffiene etc are all bad. But who cares, no-one gives a crap its not gonna kill you if take one or two tablets here or there, its only bad = if you take 100 of those over a week or a month.
The only circumstance where drugs are not bad, are when they are administered properly.
That depends on how you define 'bad'. I think we can take bad to mean something that causes long-term side-effects, leads to death, etc., in this case.

HSC
HotShot said:
I think you are the one making claims mate, are you suggesting that Johns managed to evade drug tests every time in past 12 years? Or are you suggesting that NRL didnt do drug tests often enough, as frequent enough as necessary? Either way it doesnt look good does it?
i think the nrl drug test procedures failed. andrew johns said that he took them after a friday night game for example, knowing he wouldn't get tested until monday at the earliest. that's only too easy to evade, don't you think?

wuddie

Black by Demand
HSC
^ i agree, the nrl should check for it randomly, instead of having a schedule everyone knows about and avoid.

and stazi, you made a post completely on drugs, without even relating it to footy or johns, that is off topic. i make my posts so they come back to the point. didn't they teach you that in usyd? and mate, you didn't win the argument, i just have a life and can't be bothered to argue on with someone as ignorant as you.

stazi

Nightman
HSC
wuddie said:
^ i agree, the nrl should check for it randomly, instead of having a schedule everyone knows about and avoid.

and mate, you didn't win the argument, i just have a life and can't be bothered to argue on with someone as ignorant as you.
Yet you spend so much of that 'life' arguing with people over semantics in this thread.

Someone who is ignorant is closed-minded. They refuse to acknowledge that there are two sides to every coin. I talked about how drugs are not all 'bad'. They can have both negative and positive aspects, and in order to know more about drugs, one would need to research it further.

You only acknowledged one side of the coin refusing to consider any other viewpoints.

So, who is ignorant?

and stazi, you made a post completely on drugs, without even relating it to footy or johns, that is off topic. i make my posts so they come back to the point. didn't they teach you that in usyd?
What, like this post?

wuddie said:
mmm indeed, of course. what an intelligent man. thank you for your wisdom, we are all changed for the wiser. listen up people, marijuana and ecstasy are no longer bad, have a joint if you feel like it...

i, on behalf of everyone who has claimed drugs are bad, sincerely apologise.

HotShot

-_-
HSC
watatank said:
i think the nrl drug test procedures failed. andrew johns said that he took them after a friday night game for example, knowing he wouldn't get tested until monday at the earliest. that's only too easy to evade, don't you think?
Well you look at the broncos - they have test on sat, sun & Mon, after a game & after every social engagement - Cullen CEO.

HSC
HotShot said:
Well you look at the broncos - they have test on sat, sun & Mon, after a game & after every social engagement - Cullen CEO.
different clubs have different policies. as i understand it the broncos are one of the more stringent teams when it comes to drug testing. it wasn't like that at the knights.

Last edited:
HSC
For Fa'alogo, he's got 5 weeks with a guilty plea, 7 if contested (with carry over points).
Serves him right, the coward.

wuddie

Black by Demand
HSC
jonathan thurston got the dally m, anyone thinks he deserves it? he does, but i can think of more deserving candidates, like matty bowen, cameron smith and robbie farah.

david fa'alogo got 7 matches, i think he deserves it. nrl needs to get the message out: retaliation is not part of the game, nor punching.

HSC
I'm glad that:
  • Ben Cummins hasn't got any finals games.
  • Fa'alogo got the 7 weeks.

I wish that Farah got the Dally M, he's had such a good season... but that's not to say that Thurston and the other players you mentioned haven't.

I still can't believe how the Bunnies defended Fa'alogo: "Fa'alogo's defence for his king hit on Sydney Roosters pivot Braith Anasta was based on the fact he had suffered acute brain hypoxia as a result of a grapple tackle in the lead-up." :eek:

bored6

HSC
chocolate_lover said:
I'm glad that:
I wish that Farah got the Dally M, he's had such a good season... but that's not to say that Thurston and the other players you mentioned haven't.

I still can't believe how the Bunnies defended Fa'alogo: "Fa'alogo's defence for his king hit on Sydney Roosters pivot Braith Anasta was based on the fact he had suffered acute brain hypoxia as a result of a grapple tackle in the lead-up." :eek:
+1

Fa'alogo was angry he was outplayed by a clearly better team.

HSC
chocolate_lover said:
I'm glad that:

both got what they deserved.

i'm not sure about farah getting the dally m, don't get me wrong; i think he is a good player and all and he has had a brilliant year but i think its more because since he is the standout player in the team he usually gets points anyway, regardless of how well the tigers are going.

lol at fa'alogo's defence. i would've went with "anasta is a prick, he deserves a punch in the face" :)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)