2007 NRL Thread (1 Viewer)

HSC
onebytwo said:
i dont think so.

with the roosters having to start over this year again, coupled with their woeful performance last season, i say the chooks to fall last
Roosters have won both of their trial games so far... thrashing Parramatta last night, so I don't think Roosters will be anywhere near the cutlery draw.

Oh, and rofl at Gasnier. Actually, moreso rofl @ Dragons supporters not Gasnier himself. Now Dragons supporters know how it feels to be a Roosters supporter (with Minichiello injured last year) or a Tigers supporter (Benji and his shoulder) or a Knights supporter (Joey and his old age. :p)

sideshowtim

HSC
onebytwo said:
i dont think so.

with the roosters having to start over this year again, coupled with their woeful performance last season, i say the chooks to fall last
You're talking shit mate. Take a look at the Roosters squad then take a look at the Canberra Raiders squad and tell me who is more likely to fall last. The Raiders are definite wooden spooners. I'm not going to go crazy and say we'll win the Premiership or even make the semis, but to say we will fall last is a bit ludicrous especially with Mini coming back and a strong forward pack this year.

sideshowtim

HSC
And it's sad to laugh at Gasnier. All real league fans will be disappointed that we won't be seeing one of the games finest current players running around at all this year. Also a major blow if you're a NSW fan.

onebytwo

Recession '08
HSC
sideshowtim said:
You're talking shit mate. Take a look at the Roosters squad then take a look at the Canberra Raiders squad and tell me who is more likely to fall last. The Raiders are definite wooden spooners. I'm not going to go crazy and say we'll win the Premiership or even make the semis, but to say we will fall last is a bit ludicrous especially with Mini coming back and a strong forward pack this year.
im not basing my prediction on the quality of the squad but more around the coach. anderson is going to screw the roosters over just like he screwed the sharks last time

sideshowtim

HSC
onebytwo said:
im not basing my prediction on the quality of the squad but more around the coach. anderson is going to screw the roosters over just like he screwed the sharks last time
Different group of players under him, different comp these days.

ledzeppelin

HSC
onebytwo said:
yeah, those sharks got totally screwed over, making the preliminary final and all

umop 3pisdn

Banned
HSC
What's with all the wooden spoon predictions? Have you guys forgotten about Souths? Or did they get kicked out again when I wasn't paying attention?

onebytwo

Recession '08
HSC
ledzeppelin said:
yeah, those sharks got totally screwed over, making the preliminary final and all
er...perhaps you should check out how many sharks left the team upon the clubs announcement of anderson as coach

onebytwo

Recession '08
HSC
umop 3pisdn said:
What's with all the wooden spoon predictions? Have you guys forgotten about Souths? Or did they get kicked out again when I wasn't paying attention?
souths appear to have a pretty strong team this season..on paper anyway

sideshowtim

HSC
umop 3pisdn said:
Look at their squad for this year. Sure, they may look more like the New Zealand Rabbitohs but they have a very solid forward pack with class wingers and centers. Their halves are a bit of a concern, but I think they are set for a massive improvement this year....Not that that is a particularly hard thing to do considering the season they had last year.

martin88

HSC
N/A
sideshowtim said:
Look at their squad for this year. Sure, they may look more like the New Zealand Rabbitohs but they have a very solid forward pack with class wingers and centers. Their halves are a bit of a concern, but I think they are set for a massive improvement this year....Not that that is a particularly hard thing to do considering the season they had last year.
alright lets check their backline that played the Charity Shield

Peachey = slow, past it

Mellor = slow, past it

Hegarty = slow, past it

Reece Simmonds = slow, never had it

so really the only player that really makes for a classy player in the backline would be Vagana...

of course Merritt was missing... so that gives Souths one good winger as well... IF he repeats his feats from last year

Last edited:

onebytwo

Recession '08
HSC
martin88 said:
alright lets check their backline that played the Charity Shield

Peachey = slow, past it

Mellor = slow, past it

Hegarty = slow, past it

Reece Simmonds = slow, never had it

so really the only player that really makes for a classy player in the backline would be Vagana...

of course Merritt was missing... so that gives Souths one good winger as well... IF he repeats his feats from last year
peachey was one of the best fullbacks going around before he left the nrl last time
mellor is a BEAST...will never forget that tackle he put on wendell sailor a few years back
hegarty is anything but slow
reece simmonds....whos that?

martin88

HSC
N/A
onebytwo said:
peachey was one of the best fullbacks going around before he left the nrl last time
mellor is a BEAST...will never forget that tackle he put on wendell sailor a few years back
well really you just proved my point.... "WAS one of the best fullbacks" and "a few years back" really just further emphasises the whole "past it" concept... Peachey is a shadow of his former self, and although does show glimpes of class and unique skill, is really just solid at best these days

Mellor had like one good season for the Sharks a few years ago... is way too slow to be a winger, and will only really be average compared to most centres going around in the NRL when he is moved there once Merritt comes back

onebytwo said:
hegarty is anything but slow
isnt exactly lightening fast either... should probably be more concerned with running fowards as compared to half the field sideways before going anywhere

onebytwo said:
reece simmonds... whos that?
really just proves itself you dont know too much anyway... you mustn't have actually watched the Charity Shield surely?

martin88

HSC
N/A
timlay said:
reece simmonds. from the dragonsssss i suppose.
yeah

apparentely injured as well

and Gorrell is already out for the season for his superleague french side.... and Barrett is out for about a month for his superleague side as well

looks like you still get the Dragons injury curse even after you actually leave them lol

Sammi B

HSC
sideshowtim said:
And it's sad to laugh at Gasnier. All real league fans will be disappointed that we won't be seeing one of the games finest current players running around at all this year. Also a major blow if you're a NSW fan.
Exactly. He does suck at 5/8th tho. It was a bad move to replace Barrett with him. But he won't even get a chance to improve until the finals which is when we need him to be improved already.

Still backing 'em tho.

Last edited:

ledzeppelin

HSC
Roosters team for Round 1:

Minichiello
Kenny-Dowall
Monaghan
Soliola
Perrett

Aubusson
Lewis

Beattie
Wing
Nutley
Tupou
Fiztgibbon
Anasta

Tonga
Paea
Paea
Myles

Win 1000 coming up

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)