2007 NRL Thread (2 Viewers)

Jones080

HSC
haha, well alot ofpeople saying the Broncs and roosters would do well.... umm the cowboys, beat the broncs and flogged the roosters last night 43 - 6, its was a great game.. im loving it now, back when the cowboys were constantly coming 14th, 13th and so on, are now a powerhouse of the rugby leauge:)

jemsta

I sit here alone
HSC
i would say the cowboys are the dark horse for the premiership this season

fornstar

QUEENSLANDER!!!!
HSC
its the 2nd game of the season, there are still another 24 rounds to go before the finals, so lets not get too ahead of ourselves. ill admit signs arent looking good for the roosters, and while canberra is trying, you dont get any points for trying. im interested in how souths go this week, see if they can backup from last week.

sando

HSC IS EVIL
HSC
23 rounds! they reduced it this yr to 25 remember

lengy

HSC
go Rabbitohs! yay! lol Roosters, massive failure again.

onebytwo

Recession '08
HSC
the rabbitohs simply amazing, at the same time exhibiting some tremendous former shark talent
peachey(fantastic work at the back with that magic pass in the early stages)
mellor(displaying circus-like juggling skills)
meritt(marvellous chip and chase)

HSC
jemsta said:
i would say the cowboys are the dark horse for the premiership this season
They were also gunning it same time last year, so its a bit too early to tell. In saying that I do agree they look a much stronger outfit this year, much will hinge on the rep season which killed them last year. Most teams don't hit their straps till round 8 or so.

jemsta

I sit here alone
HSC
watatank said:
They were also gunning it same time last year, so its a bit too early to tell. In saying that I do agree they look a much stronger outfit this year, much will hinge on the rep season which killed them last year. Most teams don't hit their straps till round 8 or so.
yeah i guess its a bit too early to tell...like the sharks who started great but faltered badly towards the end, but i guess we have to wait and see
gosh the eels are fucking shit

jemsta

I sit here alone
HSC
chocolate_lover said:
Finch does play for them. :p
oh shut up >,<
watch them make the top 8 this season....im being majorly optimistic
i wouldnt talk about the roosters either...ever since finch left, roosters have gone downhill
at least we sit up higher on the table...on points difference though

puggle

HSC
Hell yes Bunnies!!!

I can't remember a time in my life when they've started a season this strongly.
Top 8 fo' sure.... maybe, hopefully

It'll be interesting to see how they do when they come up against a real contender, but even still I'm ecstatic that they are doing so well so far :D

HSC
onebytwo said:
the rabbitohs simply amazing, at the same time exhibiting some tremendous former shark talent
peachey(fantastic work at the back with that magic pass in the early stages)
mellor(displaying circus-like juggling skills)
meritt(marvellous chip and chase)
Actaully only Peachey is a true ex-sharkie

Both mellor and merrit are original souths players. Mellor began his career with them and so did meritt (then went to play with the sharks who didnt even use his talent and let him play in reserve grade the majority of the time)

GO THE BUNNIES!!!! FIRE UP BOYS!!! This is gonna be a big season for them!

SyCoTiC

HSC
Funny how all the Bunnies supporters just come out of nowhere after going into a decade of hiding eh? :p

wuddie

Black by Demand
HSC
onebytwo thinks every player is a former shark, even if they've just walked through the front gates.

bunnies are starting amazingly well, 2 from 2, all credits to them.

having said that, they've only played the eels and the roosters, i can't really say they are quality opponents (nor will the sharks be, just to piss off onebytwo). i think the real tests will come when they play the likes of cowboys and storms (or the knights, for that matter) later on.

SyCoTiC

HSC
I'd like to think that the team to have the best shot at the Premiership this year would be the Warriors. Like it or not, they'll hardly be affected by the SoO period and have the potency to wreak havoc all over the ground. It's all about consistency for them but they're showing it at the moment.

Melbourne will have a shot if they can handle their post-origin problems well like they did last season and so too will Brisbane and the Cowboys as these 3 teams will be the most heavily affected. Dragons I don't think can do it at all this season considering their players can't stay on the field and they haven't fielded a 'full-strength' team for the last 2 or 3 seasons. In saying so though, they have one of the deepest rookie development systems in Australia and can more than compensate for that. We'll just have to wait and see. =)

HSC
I have been a proud souths supporter from the day i was born! The only years i have experienced have been the lows, and i have never not been proud to say i support souths and i know alot of people who would say the same! UP THE BUNNIES!!!

And anyways supporters coming out of nowhere is something of a trait for the fans of the roosters, a few years back coincidentally everyone wanted to be a roosters supporter.... where are they all now.....

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)