2007 NRL Thread (1 Viewer)

HSC
daviet said:
isnt tahu for contention? how bout eric grothe? cant believe you guys for got those guys.
my blues team: fullback: minichello, Wings: Rooney & King or Grothe, Centres: Cooper/Tahu/Lyon (i rather have him than anasta though)
Halves will be anasta & mullen (he's up to it). Orford was crap. kimmorley was quiet, and dykes 'hot form' is overrated.

oh, and Danny Nutley plays for queensland...
grothe's in rubbish form, tahu not considered since he's going to the yawnion next year. rooneys out.

Last edited:
HSC
daviet said:
though i dont support them, im always up for quality footy, and i reckon queensland have a wing & fullback dilemma
they lost guys like matt sing so thats a negative

they cant play bowen at fullback, simply the way hunt ran the line in his matches.
the centres also look chock full...they have inglis, bowman (who might not get a game) hodges, tate and matt rogers (man he's gotta play)..but in the wings they dont have many, unless slater moves there...they have bell so thats a plus...i'd like to see if prince will get a game, he's been fantastic
hunt
slater
inglis
hodges
tate
wesser
bell
bowen
hegarty

beats the hell out of our backline. but we have em in the fowards.

Marny

HSC
extraordinary07 said:
orford=overated

he aint a rep player, never will be and he wont even come close to consideration.

grant rovelli has a better chance :eek:

mullen for half, after his performance against the warriors he has to be, gower might get it if he is fit but that is unlikely.
i reckon if orford really wanted to prove himself to selectors he definitely didn't do that on Friday night. I have this strong feeling Mullen's gonna get picked coz Daily n some other selector seem to be favouring him lately.

Anyhooo... I'm just glad Cooper's probably on the team. We'll see tomorrow.
i reckon if anyone proved to really deserve a selection on the weekend it was brett stewart. he had a great game.
is buderus definitely gonna be there coz robbie farah is really doing well? will they probably put farah on the bench?

bored6

HSC
chocolate_lover said:
FUCK, Josh Lewis has gone to the Titans. :(:(:(
Let's hope so.

There's still plenty of room for improvement, the Roosters really need to improve their ball control, and just like the Dragons match, the opposition just made more mistakes.

Although, with that said, I was impressed by Wing, who had another one of his good games, Monaghan, Anasta, Shillington and Nutley.

And I'm happy that Fitzy + Minichiello scored tries though, about time!
Fucking hell. You watch - he'll star for the Titans next year.

wuddie

Black by Demand
HSC
daviet said:
though i dont support them, im always up for quality footy, and i reckon queensland have a wing & fullback dilemma
they lost guys like matt sing so thats a negative
here's the difference, their dilemma is picking the best amongst the best, nsw is trying to pick a good player amongst a bunch of potentially great players in average form. which selector doesn't want to be in qld's selectors' shoes right now?

i don't think qld's backline is all that much better than nsw's. sure they are all rep quality players, but what nsw have isnt bad either. i am confident that we'll match them.

it is becoming increasingly apparent that the selectors want to pick mullen. good or bad choice people?

iamsickofyear12

HSC
My NSW back line...

Mini, Hayne, Cooper, Lyon, King, Gidley, Monaghan... Farah gets the bench spot.

SyCoTiC

HSC
He's a chance I reckon... With the form he's in, he's overshadowing Orford. Whenever he had his hands on the ball instead of Orford, the team had direction and was putting points on the board.

As for the Queensland vs NSW backline, both teams are very very even but what sets aside the difference is the dynamic ability of the Queensland backline players to be able to break open a game on their own. Look at that line up and you will know that the likes of King, Cooper, Hayne and Lyon aren't able to really make a huge difference as compared to the Queensland backs who tend to make something out of nothing somehow with the likes of Bowen, Slater, Hunt, Hodges, Inglis. The only one I can see creating havoc would be Minichiello and perhaps Gidley with the current way he's going.

I don't think there's much difference in the forwards either.

Civoniceva is in career best form.
Webb always seems to lift during Origin despite being ordinary at club level.
Ross has been solid ever since making his debut despite missing out last year. Thaiday is always explosive off the bench.
Johnson proved his own last year on the big stage though I would prefer someone a bit more solid defensively.
Smith is a proven first-choice hooker through and through.
Price is an 80 minute player and one of the best props going around in the game.

It'll be tighter than most think I believe. =)

frontman

HSC
iamsickofyear12 said:
My NSW back line...

Mini, Hayne, Cooper, Lyon, King, Gidley, Monaghan... Farah gets the bench spot.
If you want monaghan because of form then why not have stewart over mini?

HSC
frontman said:
If you want monaghan because of form then why not have stewart over mini?
The selectors rarely pick players on form; they prefer the players whom they are most comforatable with, players whom have played at the rep. level before.

Regardless of whether they actually deserve the spot or not...

HSC
i'm replying to several posts, cbf with quotage :eek:

* LOL @ the roosters for releasing josh lewis. he's a gun player, roosters will be ruing that decision in the near future.

* nsw halfback: orford is out of favour, LOL @ monaghan, gowers injured. kimmorley or mullen for halfback, most likely mullen though. he's a good player, i dont think he's that brilliant atm, he is a 5/8 playin in the 7 jersey, but really hes the best option we got.

*nsw fullback: mini will get picked, stewart has been playing well but minis going ok and thats enough given how good he can be imo. i think form fullback has been gidley tbh.

*utility player? between farah and gidley. gidley should get the nod though, given farah would only be a reserve hooker if he plays. no he is not a replacement halfback, he played there for the tigers once and failed.

*nsw v qld backline: qld shit all over us in attack, i mean the halves is quite roflable. nsw have the defensive edge though, which will be enough?

*nsw v qld pack: front rows are pretty similar, nsw offer more in the back row, very strong there. will have to work the qld halves over big time. nsw wil hav to dominate to win.

HSC
watatank said:
i'm replying to several posts, cbf with quotage :eek:
Fair enough.
watatank said:
* LOL @ the roosters for releasing josh lewis. he's a gun player, roosters will be ruing that decision in the near future.
Please don't fucking rub it in. :(

HSC
For those of you playing at home, the teams have been named.

NEW SOUTH WALES:

1 Anthony Minichiello (Sydney Roosters)
2 Matt King (Melbourne Storm)
3 Jamie Lyon (Manly-Warringah Sea Eagles)
4 Matt Cooper (St.George-Illawarra Dragons)
5 Jarryd Hayne (Parramatta Eels)
6 Braith Anasta (Sydney Roosters)
7 Jarrod Mullen (Newcastle Knights)
8 Brent Kite (Manly-Warringah Sea Eagles)
9 Danny Buderus (captain, Newcastle Knights)
10 Brett White (Melbourne Storm)
11 Nathan Hindmarsh (Parramatta Eels)
12 Willie Mason (The Bulldogs)
13 Andrew Ryan (The Bulldogs)

Subs:
14 Luke Bailey (Gold Coast Titans)
15 Steve Simpson (Newcastle Knights)
16 Anthony Tupou (Sydney Roosters)
17 Kurt Gidley (Newcastle Knights)

QUEENSLAND

1. Karmichael HUNT (Brisbane Broncos)
2. Brent TATE (Brisbane Broncos)
3. Steven BELL (Manly Sea Eagles)
4. Justin HODGES (Brisbane Broncos)
5. Greg INGLIS (Melbourne Storm)
6. Darren LOCKYER (c) (Brisbane Broncos)
7. Johnathan THURSTON (North QLD Cowboys)
8. Steve PRICE (New Zealand Warriors)
9. Cameron SMITH (Melbourne Storm)
10. Petero CIVONICEVA (Brisbane Broncos)
11. Tonie CARROLL (Brisbane Broncos)
12. Carl WEBB (North QLD Cowboys)
13. Dallas JOHNSON (Melbourne Storm)

14. Shaun BERRIGAN (Brisbane Broncos)
15. Jacob LILLYMAN (North QLD Cowboys)
16. Nate MYLES (Sydney Roosters)
17. Neville COSTIGAN (Canberra Raiders)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)