2007 NRL Thread (1 Viewer)

Goooonman

HSC
Sure.

I thought it'd be full of people with decent sense of humours but if its packed with cunts like you see ya later

jemsta

I sit here alone
HSC
it all depends who has the most intensity and hunger to win on that night.....i think nsw has a better forward pack but qld obviously has a better backline, but i wouldnt write off nsw for the origin just yet....well just see how they go in game 1

Mojoman

Interstellar Overdrive
HSC
N/A
watch this origin space... todd carney
give him a year and he'll be picked, thats a guarantee

HSC
Mojoman said:
watch this origin space... todd carney
give him a year and he'll be picked, thats a guarantee
Carney's a good player.

Roosters would've beaten the Raiders if it wasn't for him. He was on fire in that game. :uhhuh:

HSC
jemsta said:
it all depends who has the most intensity and hunger to win on that night.....i think nsw has a better forward pack but qld obviously has a better backline, but i wouldnt write off nsw for the origin just yet....well just see how they go in game 1
its going to be tough...nsws pack kept them in the series/won game 1 so they have to keep dominating in the forwards to win the series. but its by no means a one sided contest.

wuddie

Black by Demand
HSC
qld may well have the class in the backline, but they have too many players out of form. lockyer, hunt, tate just to name a few. plus the injuries many players are carrying into the game. i don't see how people think qld is 'definitely' going to win it. i reckon nsw is a good bet.

HSC
i just hate queenslanders i hope NSW win thee nil.

they should be favourites i hate it when they act like they are at a disadvantage they do it every year to be the underdog argh.

SyCoTiC

HSC
Out of form they may be! But players stand up during representative games because during club games, players are coached out of playing on instinct and so you see plenty of players not showing their talents. In Origin, they are permitted to let loose a little more than they are at club football.

wuddie

Black by Demand
HSC
SyCoTiC said:
Out of form they may be! But players stand up during representative games because during club games, players are coached out of playing on instinct and so you see plenty of players not showing their talents. In Origin, they are permitted to let loose a little more than they are at club football.
shows how little you know about the game. players play with instincts week in week out. if they don't play with instincts, why do you still see miraculous tries? if they indeed been coached out of playing on instincts, they don't recover that special touch all of a sudden. what you get coached at club level determines how you play. no coach will ever tell his players to drop his instinctual plays and stick with the rigid stuff. instinct is what distinguishes an andrew johns from a brent sherwin, or a benji marshall from a daniel abraham.

HSC
yeah his point was poorly constructed but he meant that poor club form doesn't necessarily translate to poor origin form. if they have it in them they have it in them, and players who have done it all before can usually step up a level to perform in origin.

SyCoTiC

HSC
That's pretty much what I mean but in terms of being coached out of their instincts, it's pretty much an indirect effect of playing to a heavy gameplan based on the emphasis of team brilliance rather than individual brilliance. Look at the Eels game against the Cowboys on the weekend and you'll know what I mean when you'll never see a player show such instincts and compulsive moves as Mateo because he will be told not to do it again because the next time he chooses to do it, it may well cost them the game. It may show the difference between the greats and the average but selections in Origin have shown that instincts are largely based on the selection of the talent of the backline rather than the forwards but can still play to a gameplan.

Also I'd prefer that you not talk in such a condescending manner. To assume that my knowledge is somewhat inferior is rather patronising. =)

Born2baplacebo

Get Behind Me Satan
HSC
SyCoTiC said:
That's pretty much what I mean but in terms of being coached out of their instincts, it's pretty much an indirect effect of playing to a heavy gameplan based on the emphasis of team brilliance rather than individual brilliance. Look at the Eels game against the Cowboys on the weekend and you'll know what I mean when you'll never see a player show such instincts and compulsive moves as Mateo because he will be told not to do it again because the next time he chooses to do it, it may well cost them the game. It may show the difference between the greats and the average but selections in Origin have shown that instincts are largely based on the selection of the talent of the backline rather than the forwards but can still play to a gameplan.

Also I'd prefer that you not talk in such a condescending manner. To assume that my knowledge is somewhat inferior is rather patronising. =)
GO EELS!!

wuddie

Black by Demand
HSC
SyCoTiC said:
well my apologies. my 'assumptton' was only based on what you said about not playing with instincts. it is one of those rare things which make league a beautiful game. without it, we might as well be watching union and see blokes torpedo the ball back and forth the whole game.

SyCoTiC

HSC
Agreed.

However, I just think these days where defense is so dominant, players are coached into playing a team game more so than showing their individual brilliance though I'm not against it but you now see the likes of Sonny Bill nowhere near as dominant and dangerous as when he first burst onto the scene. Same goes for Karmichael and the massive steps he managed to put on in his first season at fullback. Same goes for many of the talents we first believed them to be.

HSC
it's not that their respective coaches discourage moves like that. when players like sonny bill and khunt burst onto the scene they were unknowns, so for a while players got fooled by their trademark moves. now teams have seen more of these players and know how to defend against that and those moves arent effective anymore.

SyCoTiC

HSC
I think that's a factor but I think being coached out of it is another thing. Playing some of these talented players in their non-preferred positions or in a set side of the field can have some serious effects on their ability to show their talents.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)