2007 NRL Thread (1 Viewer)

wuddie

Black by Demand
HSC
parra fans, hang your head in shame. throwing coins at players? that's just beyond immoral. those fkers are going straight to hell.

from a sea eagles fan's point of view, what a fitting end for lyon to score the winning tries. whoever is writing his scripts is doing a pretty good job.

HSC
wuddie said:
parra fans, hang your head in shame. throwing coins at players? that's just beyond immoral. those fkers are going straight to hell.

from a sea eagles fan's point of view, what a fitting end for lyon to score the winning tries. whoever is writing his scripts is doing a pretty good job.
if your proud to have him, that just shows how much of a scum fanbase Manly really have, tbh

SyCoTiC

HSC
I don't think Parra fans should really be feeling guilty. It was only after-all a minority of fans who were stupid enough to throw coins and quite nice of Williamson to have a joke about it as well.

This weekend the Broncos take on the Sea Eagles for their 20th anniversary celebration. Let's hope the boys can get up and win it against Manly!

wuddie

Black by Demand
HSC
santastic said:
if your proud to have him, that just shows how much of a scum fanbase Manly really have, tbh
i am not a manly fan.

how does supporting lyon (which i do, irrespect of which club i support) shows the character of the manly fanbase? surely if parra bought a player who walked out on another club for money, you'd support him too. it is the same logic, every fan is behind the decision of their club.

in fact, money is THE primary reason player change clubs. you think mark o'meley wants to play for the chooks if they didn't load him up with cash? same with so many others.

RiCe_GrOwEr

Designated Hitter
HSC
N/A
SyCoTiC said:
This weekend the Broncos take on the Sea Eagles for their 20th anniversary celebration. Let's hope the boys can get up and win it against Manly!
Tough game this week for the Manly boys. A Eagles home game at Suncorp.

Manly signed Josh Perry and Heath L'Estrange this afternoon. They also resigned Hall, Cuthbertson, Matai, Rose and King.

HSC
wuddie said:

I don't see anything wrong with the verbal attacks, but throwing coins is ridiculous.
brogan77 said:
*hugs megan*

:eek:
*hugs ashton* :shy: Lol, how good have our Roosters been?
RiCe_GrOwEr said:
Tough game this week for the Manly boys. A Eagles home game at Suncorp.

Manly signed Josh Perry and Heath L'Estrange this afternoon. They also resigned Hall, Cuthbertson, Matai, Rose and King.
The first thing my Dad said when he got home was, "Guess where L'Estrange is going?" :mad1:

HSC
wuddie said:
i am not a manly fan.

how does supporting lyon (which i do, irrespect of which club i support) shows the character of the manly fanbase? surely if parra bought a player who walked out on another club for money, you'd support him too. it is the same logic, every fan is behind the decision of their club.

in fact, money is THE primary reason player change clubs. you think mark o'meley wants to play for the chooks if they didn't load him up with cash? same with so many others.
its not about the money, he went there because of his bumbuddy crusher cleal. He walked out on a contract (saying he was homesick) and then he lived 40, 000 kms from home for 2 years = 1st lie. When he was coming back to the NRL, he said he wanted to make amends to parra, and play in parra colours again... and then he went to Manly = 2nd lie.

its not about the money, its about the lies and deceit

HSC
santastic said:
its not about the money, he went there because of his bumbuddy crusher cleal. He walked out on a contract (saying he was homesick) and then he lived 40, 000 kms from home for 2 years = 1st lie. When he was coming back to the NRL, he said he wanted to make amends to parra, and play in parra colours again... and then he went to Manly = 2nd lie.

its not about the money, its about the lies and deceit
he actually *was* homesick, he did go back to wee waa and played there for the rest of that year he was released from parra and before he went to england

RiCe_GrOwEr

Designated Hitter
HSC
N/A
watatank said:
he actually *was* homesick, he did go back to wee waa and played there for the rest of that year he was released from parra and before he went to england
Didn't Lyon want out to play for Manly but Parra didn't release him?

wuddie

Black by Demand
HSC
whatever it is, a player shouldn't be hated because they went to another club.

what's the deal with russell crowe trying to get all the celebs to join the souths crusades?

HSC
wuddie said:
what's the deal with russell crowe trying to get all the celebs to join the souths crusades?
I know! I think it's ridiculous, and it makes me feel glad I'm not a Bunnies supporter.

HSC
russell crowe has way too much influence on the club. i know he part owns the club or whatever, but seriously can't he just give them money and let someone who actually knows how to run things, run the club? the dude who owns manly just stays right out of everything and that works well

RiCe_GrOwEr said:
Didn't Lyon want out to play for Manly but Parra didn't release him?
not sure about him always wanting to go to manly it was more that he wanted to leave parra. when he came back because crusher cleal (the one who brought him to parra) was at manly at the time it seemed to influence his decision. i suppose living on the northern beaches wouldve been appealing too (just an afterthought, not fact).

but parra not releasing him is true, effectively it was a release though. conditions of him gaining a "release" was that he couldn't play for another nrl club until his contract was up.

Last edited:

blackfriday

Pezzonovante
HSC
russell crowe runs souths lke his little plaything, like giving them lunch after training and reading books to them during training. we're missing crazy mofos like that in rugby league these days, and it's good to see someone owning a club not as a business but because they genuinely want them to do well - and win everything if possible.

yes max delmege stays out of everyone's way at manly, and they happen to be doing awesome, but we have to remember souths have NEVER done well in recent history...i started following league in 1995 and i can't ever remember souths being a team that people didn't laugh at. now we laugh at them - but not for their on-field performances but because russell crowe is a nutjob.

jamie lyon walked out on us mid-season, it derailed our premiership defence and we subsequently went through a short cycle where we couldn't make the finals. yes he may have been homesick or whatever, but he let down his teammates by leaving all of a sudden. i'm sure the hindmarsh boys would love to get back to robertson mid-season but have they ever done that? no, because they are honourable men who don't let others down. i wouldn't call jamie lyon a traitor but the man is soft in the head and deserves all the crap he cops. no parra fan will give up the coin throwers, even though it is dangerous.

HSC
Lyon is filth as far as im concerned. Lets wash our hands of him.

Big Clash friday night, possible 40K.., i just hope we shut out SBW

HSC
blackfriday said:
russell crowe runs souths lke his little plaything, like giving them lunch after training and reading books to them during training. we're missing crazy mofos like that in rugby league these days, and it's good to see someone owning a club not as a business but because they genuinely want them to do well - and win everything if possible.

yes max delmege stays out of everyone's way at manly, and they happen to be doing awesome, but we have to remember souths have NEVER done well in recent history...i started following league in 1995 and i can't ever remember souths being a team that people didn't laugh at. now we laugh at them - but not for their on-field performances but because russell crowe is a nutjob.

jamie lyon walked out on us mid-season, it derailed our premiership defence and we subsequently went through a short cycle where we couldn't make the finals. yes he may have been homesick or whatever, but he let down his teammates by leaving all of a sudden. i'm sure the hindmarsh boys would love to get back to robertson mid-season but have they ever done that? no, because they are honourable men who don't let others down. i wouldn't call jamie lyon a traitor but the man is soft in the head and deserves all the crap he cops. no parra fan will give up the coin throwers, even though it is dangerous.
lol premiership defence? :rofl: parra havent won a premiership for about 20 years.

lyon deserves all the shit he gets although coin throwing is kinda fucked imo.

the point i was making about max delmege at manly he is a manly fan who wants to see his team go well so he stays out, keeps an interest in his team, finances their setup while the board ensure the setup is good there and whatever. they have been building their team for a few years now, and the past couple of years they are up there with the best for sure. maybe the same thing can happen with souths, but as you say souths are like crowes plaything and its unprofessional. crowe is to souths as delmege is to manly (at least thats how it should be)

HSC
watatank said:
lol premiership defence? :rofl: parra havent won a premiership for about 20 years.
QFT. Muahaha. :)

I reckon that the Bulldogs v Eels game, (and of course the Roosters v Warriors game) will be really good this round. I'm looking forward to watching both.

SyCoTiC

HSC
Parra have been a lot worse than what their ladder position suggests IMO. They've been under-performing and despite showing glimmers of talent and attacking prowess, they still struggle to to really wreak havoc on teams that they are expected to absolutely hammer. If the Dogs get on a roll and start showing some more in-your-face defence, I think the Eels will find it rather difficult to create anything.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)