2007 School Certificate Geography (1 Viewer)

jazzbaby

HSC
For short answers thered probably be something on field work and human rights..and for long response im pretty sure its gonna be on population or a global link well at least I hope so :S what did u get for ur geog trial?

Kell - Dog

HSC
I was just wondering what's everyone opinions on what the short and extended response question are going to be for Geography section of the School Certificate.

yvettemaree47

HSC
My guess:
Something to do with issues facing Australia, e.g. Coastal Management, Spacial Inequality, etc. Maybe even advantages/disadvantages of one of our global links.

My teacher says that the questions used in school certificate generally cycle and that if you do older past papers, e.g. 2002, you are more likely to stumble upon questions used this year's SC than if you do a test from 2004

militiaman

HSC
My teacher says that the very first short answer is always skills based now. As for the last long answer, this year my teacher predicts it will be something on Future Challenges, so we've been doing a fair bit on Human Rights & Reconciliation. However, she also says that if it's not HR&R, there's a large chance it'll be on issues, which is always tested in some of these questions.

She thinks other topics are unlikely, but we should still study for them. It would be very hard to have a huge long answer on the Research Action Plan, and she discounts the Australia's Links as well.

But yeah, make sure that you still know all your stuff of course, because if you aren't tested on X in the last long answer, you'll probably be tested on it the question before. e.g For the 2006 SC you had to know Issues/Research Action Plan, Australia's Links, Future Challenges (Population),

militiaman

HSC
Highly unlikely considering that the long answer was on this last year. Still, there may be shorter ones on this, so you should have some knowledge of it. Thankfully it's fairly basic and straightforward compared to some of the others *cough*ResearchActionPlan*cough*.

kaz1

et tu
HSC
Uni Grad
dont they give you a choice on the topic when you are doing long answers or short answers

jellybelly59

HSC
My teacher says that it might be the environmental issues that u've learnt e.g urban growth and decline and coastal management for the extended and maybe gonna throw future challenges and human rights +reconciliation into the short answer if not the human rights bit is gonna be an extended

lol does every1 h8 geo or is it just me? i think the civics and citizenship part the BoS is trying to incorporate into our syllabus is so crap.... its just remembering all the stuff then putting it in an hour examination and to top that off they make it "geo" by placing skills into the first section of the examination... (not h8ing geo cause i suck at it... in fact im coming first... ha! how ironic) heard its gonna be before the history test....

well ppl.... gl for SC

(BACK TO DOING TRIAL PAPERS... ewww..... :eek: )

x.Exhaust.x

Retired Member
HSC
62% in my trial geography exam. And the sad thing is, I get 18/20 (90%) in the geography online multiple choice school certificate and in the trial exam with the multiple choice, I get 12/20 (60%). Hmmm..

Last edited:

kezzaonline

HSC
i doubt they'll have the regional and global links question again because it was in last year's SC...

didn't do so well for Geography yearly...86% :( brought my whole report mark down

Tully-

HSC
I got 80% in my trail. But It took me by shock considering its my wrost subject. The school certificate for geo is on tuesday and im really worried. HEaps of people say not to worry about these exams and study is not really needed is this true? I didnt study for maths and it landed me with a 52% And im in the advanced class.

Uhh Iv gone off the subject.

Dimplez

HSC
I'm very worried about geography...I mean how can you write an ext. response on RAP?

acevipa

HSC
I got 86% for geography. Personally, I'd just study everything that you need to study in geography. There's no really point predicting what's going to be on the exams. For as far as we know, it could be anything.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)