2007 Short Story Titles (1 Viewer)

RiCkiE

HSC
I'm just coming to realize how corny my title is - He's Coming Home.
That makes it sound nauseatingly feel-good doesn't it?!
Oh well.

WTF!bbq said:
I was about to call mine Walls, well it's on a list of many things I might pick from at the last minute if I'm gutsy enough to change this late.
Gutsy? That's stupidity. I did it and now I'm pissing myself thinking about the holes in my journal.

doofyduck01

HSC
samiblonde said:
Heh, mines about the afterlife too.....

It's called Heavenly Little Dark. This is because my protagonist's name is Celeste Moreaux, and Celeste means "heavenly" and Moreaux means "little dark". It reflects the main idea which is of an imperfect afterlife etc etc...
hehe cool. sounds slightly twisted :) eh heh heh. i like how you're doing a completely different take on it, kudos.

and i really like the name :)

bussoti

HSC
WTF!bbq said:
I have no idea what your story is about, but I love it!!
Hahah, thank you! It is now the title I'm going with, so I hope it earns the same sort of reaction from the markers!

Zod

HSC
Mine's called 'Stigmatism'.

It's a pussy little story about a pussy little boy who pussies around for 2 years, then just dies in a pussy-like fashion.

50/50 here I come!

... I can't sleep.

jimmayyy

HSC
charlie_way said:
Mine is Memento Mori, then has three sub-titles: The Sun And The Moon; Somehow, Never; and Half-Truth.

a brilliant peice that i think scored 49 or 50 last year was also called Memoto Mori - is it latin for "remember you are mortal"?

WTF!bbq

if you have to ask
HSC
RiCkiE said:
Gutsy? That's stupidity. I did it and now I'm pissing myself thinking about the holes in my journal.
Hahah just as well, I couldn't be bothered to change it in the end, cause I quite liked how the little epigraph thingie worked at the start of my reflection statement. What was the original title of your work?

RiCkiE

HSC
Well my working title was...erm actually I don't think I even had a working title. I just kept labelling it "Something" and "Something 2". And then like three nights ago I was listening to She's Leaving Home by the beatles and I was like...yoink!

pakigal

HSC
Well, after absolutely no sleep last night I have a title at last

MW: Unspoken
Story1: Agni (the fire)
Story 2: The Rag Doll

HSC
Sorta seems pointless now that it's handed in and all (thank God!!), but I called mine "Valkyrie". It refers to the Operation Valkyrie of Nazi Germany (where several prominant German generals tried to assassinate Hitler) and also to the Norse Valkyrie, the "angel" that cleans up after a battle.

RiCkiE

HSC
Hey Unspoken was the name of one of the stories that got into the 2004 showcase. It was about abuse or something.

stewdent

HSC
well, it's in now. but i titled mine Shake My World because it incorporates Shakespeare and follows the storyline of a Shakespearean tragedy through two storylines and an online messageboard.

but...

WE'RE FINISHED!!!!!:)

Bec-B

HSC
Haha YAYYYY freedom!

Ended up retitling mine- What Flowers are at my feet.

From Ode To A Nightingale by John Keats :D

emdrinan

HSC
ITS OVER YAY!! even though i pulled it out of no where during the last couple of weeks-- the story that is not the concept but yeah called it 'irreversible'

Rowman

CCCP
HSC
I called mine "Little Boots" in reference to the name "Caligula" as it's translated from latin to be "little boots" and his charecteristics are kind of similar to the ones that the government thing my story has.

i know, sounds tacky, but i thought it up when i was doing my proposal, and it just stuck.

Hysterik

HSC
At the moment mine is called "One Thousand Faces".

Part One is 'Down the Rabbit Hole'.

Part Two is 'The Road of Trials'.

Part Three is 'Belly of the Whale.'

Part Four is 'The Master of Two Worlds'.

Zephyrio

HSC
Mine is currently titled

All that Glitters
Stories from Cambodia.

3quartersquare

HSC
at the moment, i have no working title other than "ceilings" which i do not like at all.

i have a rough 3000 words, and cannot even fathom finishing.

22nd of August is such a crappy date for it to be due =[
i'm just complaining about everything =] if only i had this sort of enthusiasm to actually write the damn thing.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)