2007 State Election - Labor or the Coalition/Iemma or Debnam? (1 Viewer)

2007 State Election - Labor or the Coalition?

• Labor

Votes: 125 46.5%
  • Coalition

Votes: 77 28.6%
  • Other

Votes: 30 11.2%
  • Still Undecided

Votes: 20 7.4%
  • Apathetic

Votes: 17 6.3%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

withoutaface

Premium Member
HSC
It's sad because she's the one who's supposed to be in charge of teaching our kids such things. :/

frog12986

The Commonwealth
HSC
Exphate said:
This type of spin is quite typical. The fact that there was a swing away from the government in Victoria is overlooked, and the victory attributed to FEDERAL issues.... in unintelligible correlation if you ask me.

I think Morris should place climate change at the forefront of the campaign, as I'm quite sure the residents of the Campbelltown area would agree that a gas power station in the area would create further pollution. Or how about the reopening of the Tallawarra power station; so much for green power. I'm not sure that Iemma is on a winner with this one..

As for the IR Protest yesterday, Iemma definitely confirmed where his priorities lie; vested interests. The government did not approve of the Veterans march through the city on a weekday earlier this year due to the traffic disruption and congestion that would occur, yet quite dutifully participates in the IR Rally..

HSC
Has Iemma got plans for our water crisis? or is he relying on mother nature and contaminated underground water to stop the low level water shortage? :confused:

HSC
I think that just goes to show why Debnam is so stupid:

"People would be disgusted to realise that their money is being spent on advertising. That money could be spent on other things."

No wonder no one knows who he is.

Clearly making the community aware of the things their government is doing is irresponsible and a waste of money.

HSC
Scanorama said:
I'm sure Howard ad costs even more than that.

Must be a slow news day.
You do realise that $1bn is about 50% of the apparent "massive" amount of gst nsw leaks to queensland and Iemma's always bitching about, right?

HSC
Yeah keeping in mind that this is $1 billion over 12 years, a fact the Telegraph doesn't seem very keen to emphasise, it equates to a bit over $80 million dollars a year, which, considering the cost of TV advertising (American, you'll have to make the currency conversions yourselves) is fairly reasonable for a political party.

bshoc

HSC
N/A
The Brucemaster said:
Yeah keeping in mind that this is $1 billion over 12 years, a fact the Telegraph doesn't seem very keen to emphasise, it equates to a bit over $80 million dollars a year, which, considering the cost of TV advertising (American, you'll have to make the currency conversions yourselves) is fairly reasonable for a political party.
Thats an excuse? It WOULD be reasonble if the funds were the Labor Partys' and not taxpayers. The NSW ALP is corrupt and rotten down to its very core, a responsible and non-partisan citizenry would never vote them back in. Time to see what Debnam has to offer ..

HSC
bshoc said:
Thats an excuse? It WOULD be reasonble if the funds were the Labor Partys' and not taxpayers. The NSW ALP is corrupt and rotten down to its very core, a responsible and non-partisan citizenry would never vote them back in. Time to see what Debnam has to offer ..

It was time to see what Debnam had to offer about two years ago when he became Leader. The fact that we're still waiting to see what Debnam has to offer should be an indication of what we can expect from him...

kaviii

HSC
The Brucemaster said:
It was time to see what Debnam had to offer about two years ago when he became Leader. The fact that we're still waiting to see what Debnam has to offer should be an indication of what we can expect from him...
Yes, i think we can expect nothing from him, hah why do you have aryanbeauty's quote on your sig? do you agree with him/her?:eek: aryanbeauty is a *coughcuntcough* there are christian terorrism too just not regulary reported in our news...anyway i am getting off topic...

frog12986

The Commonwealth
HSC
Another cross city tunnel debacle in the making. It astounds me that this government still maintains its ascendency with the voters.

As Musk rightly points out, the policies of the Opposition to date can be found at their website; media time, particularly in state politics, to convey the governments foibles and alternative policies is an extremely tough task. The SMH certainly did not do the spreads of Debnam that it is in relation to Rudd..

Michael Costa came out this week (after Rudd's blame game spiel) and openly criticises the Federal Government economic policies for the sad state of the NSW economy. In fact, he even made the absurd proposition that the goverment should intervene in the interest rate determination process to halt rate rises early next year..

Why does Costa make no reference to the 200 infrastructure projects and development plans that are still outstanding after 12 years of government? Or possibly the detrimental impact of the vendor tax upon property investment, or the land tax upon business investment?

There is still 4 months until the election, and quite frankly it would be unwise politics to release key opposition policy initiatives prior to end of the year, which will have been all but forgotten by the commencement of the polls next year..

The claim by the ALP that Debnam intends to sack 29000 public servants is complete rubbish. In fact it was Brogden who stipulated those numbers. Debnams policy is in fact to re-employ 5/6 six public service positions in relation to the 30000 who resign or retire each year, which over four years will reduce the service by 20,000.
And on the contrary to ALP claims, teachers, nurses and police are in fact exempt from this process. Hence the idea of diverting resources from useless, over bureaucratised backroom public sevice positions, to the front line. From personal experience, with a family member currently in a 'filler' position, this policy not only has substance, but is more than workable...

Rafy

Retired
HSC
Uni Grad
Debnam kicks off campaign with $1bn water fund

The water initiative spearheads a major speech to be delivered tomorrow to business leaders, in which Mr Debnam will outline the three issues at the centre of the Coalition's bid to win the March 24 election: rescue and rebuild the NSW economy, introduce tighter state budgeting and deliver new infrastructure, especially in the critical area of water.

It marks a departure from previous election campaigns, when law and order, health and education were the focus of Coalition policy.
[...]
After months of hiding in a widely criticised policy-free zone, Mr Debnam has decided on a pre-Christmas "soft launch" of his election campaign.

He said the Opposition had withheld many policies during the year because, unless there was a mood for change, they simply fell on deaf ears.

"I now believe the community feels that the Carr-Iemma Labor Government has served one term too many," he said. "For the past year we have been preparing for this time, working behind the scenes to prepare our alternative vision for NSW, and more importantly how we plan to deliver it."

Last edited:

withoutaface

Premium Member
HSC
kaviii said:
Yes, i think we can expect nothing from him, hah why do you have aryanbeauty's quote on your sig? do you agree with him/her?:eek: aryanbeauty is a *coughcuntcough* there are christian terorrism too just not regulary reported in our news...anyway i am getting off topic...
Who said anything about Christianity? Or have you just stereotyped him as Christian because he's not a Muslim?

You're a fucking bigot.
Musk said:
Fuck stupidity like that will take you to the student representative council for USYD.
Oi! I'm on the executive of that :(

Rafy

Retired
HSC
Uni Grad
Unconvincing pursues uninspiring
IT IS being billed as the most interesting NSW election in 12 years - which is curious, since two of the least inspiring leaders in more than a decade are vying for power.

82 days to go.

frog12986

The Commonwealth
HSC
Unfortunately Iemma should win easily. Although Debnam has toned his irrationality down somewhat, I just can't see victory as a real possibility. It really does emphasise the apathy towards state politics, particularly when the state is performing at such a sub-standard.

The Commonwealth will be staring down electoral defeat (or at least the polls would like us to believe so), yet the state seems to maintain an unassailable lead..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)