2007 State Election - Labor or the Coalition/Iemma or Debnam? (2 Viewers)

2007 State Election - Labor or the Coalition?

• Labor

Votes: 125 46.5%
  • Coalition

Votes: 77 28.6%
  • Other

Votes: 30 11.2%
  • Still Undecided

Votes: 20 7.4%
  • Apathetic

Votes: 17 6.3%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

leetom

there's too many of them!
HSC
Musk said:
all polticans are rich cunts

theres no difference between each other

and why does other ppls person lives must judge ones performance

if ur mum had depression, do i assume ur shit under pressure
Well there's a bit of a difference. There are the politicians who were rich cunts before they became politicians and then those who were more middle class on becoming politicians. Debnam is probably one of the richer cunts out there.

It's reasonable that Debnam can be criticised politically based on the mental condition of his father. If Debnam's dad is a psycho with depression just because he had polio, and goes about building a boat to get over it, what's to say Debnam is not mentally sound either and starts building boats for himself?

I mean, look at the evidence. There are a number of factors indicating that Debnam stands to lose it and go nuts while in office:

a) he may have inherited a feeble mind from his father
b) the guilt over the demise of Brogden is so strong that he chucks a Hamlet
c) he's a state liberal opposition leader

As for my mother, I wouldn't be stupid enough to publicise any health conditions she might have in the media.

frog12986

The Commonwealth
HSC
leetom said:
Well there's a bit of a difference. There are the politicians who were rich cunts before they became politicians and then those who were more middle class on becoming politicians. Debnam is probably one of the richer cunts out there.

It's reasonable that Debnam can be criticised politically based on the mental condition of his father. If Debnam's dad is a psycho with depression just because he had polio, and goes about building a boat to get over it, what's to say Debnam is not mentally sound either and starts building boats for himself?

I mean, look at the evidence. There are a number of factors indicating that Debnam stands to lose it and go nuts while in office:

a) he may have inherited a feeble mind from his father
b) the guilt over the demise of Brogden is so strong that he chucks a Hamlet
c) he's a state liberal opposition leader

As for my mother, I wouldn't be stupid enough to publicise any health conditions she might have in the media.
Again, your comments in conjunction with your signature really remove any credibility on your part..

To suggest that Debnam has a predisposition to depression merely because his father did, is not only ill-informed but probably highly offensive to many people that have had relatives who suffer the illness.

The fact that one family member had to deal with the illness does not increase the propensity of another family member to experience the same. Causes and initiating factors vary from case to case, and often depends upon the life experiences of each individual. Sure, if there were numberous relatives and family members that conveyed a family history of the illness your comments would be slightly more valid, however you are merely making ad-hoc speculations about the character of Debnam..

If your comments are in fact true, then Milton Orkopolous' children will be predisposed tot he illness, particularly in light of his recent suicide attempt. Or maybe, it was the fact that the man is facing 30 charges relating to drug offences and paedophilia, the latter being the most vile of crimres, and his political career has been ruined as a result...

Last edited:

leetom

there's too many of them!
HSC
frog12986 said:
Again, your comments in conjunction with your signature really remove any credibility on your part..

To suggest that Debnam has a predisposition to depression merely because his father did, is not only ill-informed but probably highly offensive to many people that have had relatives who suffer the illness.

The fact that one family member had to deal with the illness does not increase the propensity of another family member to experience the same. Causes and initiating factors vary from case to case, and often depends upon the life experiences of each individual. Sure, if there were numberous relatives and family members that conveyed a family history of the illness your comments would be slightly more valid, however you are merely making ad-hoc speculations about the character of Debnam..

If your comments are in fact true, then Milton Orkopolous' children will be predisposed tot he illness, particularly in light of his recent suicide attempt. Or maybe, it was the fact that the man is facing 30 charges relating to drug offences and paedophilia, the latter being the most vile of crimres, and his political career has been ruined as a result...
Orkopoulos has a decent justification for depression and suicide. He has become the most hated man in society as a result of a vicious and unrelenting media attack on his character and regardless of a verdict, he is forever stigmatised as a child abuser.

I will apologise though for my previous statements on depression. I have no first-hand or observational experience of what is a serious condition and it is not my place to make sweeping generalisations on the matter. I was trying to discredit Debnam in what was probably a childish manner.

That said, NSW Labor 2007!

ihavenothing

M.L.V.C.
HSC
I think its rather tentative and I'll go with if Baillieu wins, Debnam will win, then we will become even more of a police state and hopefully this term Fred Nile will be voted out and the Greens will have more seats on the Legislative Council.

HSC
Just look at labor's City Tunnel going downhill, and we can not forget other blunders that Labor have done. True, everyone makes mistakes, but i'd rather have a new fresh state government running after 2007.

As for getting into Debnam father and the past, Iemma's family was communists? lol. I mean this is a sad attempt to win votes where you've got more important things to handle for this state. If thats the way to win voters, we might as well bring Brogden back into the Liberal government.

ihavenothing

M.L.V.C.
HSC
My dad's family were communists and that rarely brings up any problems when its discussed at bbqs and the like.

Debnam has abused parliamentary privilege to accuse another minister of sex abuse claims when all he is doing is crying for attention. Clearly this man will stop at nothing to gain attention and no matter where I see him I want to punch him in the face, he has that appeal to a lot of people.

frog12986

The Commonwealth
HSC
ihavenothing said:
Debnam has abused parliamentary privilege to accuse another minister of sex abuse claims when all he is doing is crying for attention. Clearly this man will stop at nothing to gain attention and no matter where I see him I want to punch him in the face, he has that appeal to a lot of people.
He did nothing of the sort, and if you read the Hansard it stipulates a fairly valid question. Morris Iemma is attempting to divert attention away from the scandal within government, and quite frankly its not working.

Mr PETER DEBNAM: My question is to the Premier. Given that there are just four months until the State election, will he tell the people of New South Wales whether, besides Minister Tripodi and former Minister Orkopoulos, any other Minister is the subject of investigation by any law enforcement authority?

Mr MORRIS IEMMA: To the best of my knowledge, no. He knows that that is an outrageous slur on members of this House. If he has an allegation to make he should make it. If he is in possession of information that raises those matters he should take it to the appropriate bodies; but he should not come into this Chamber and slur and traduce the reputations of the people in this House with that sort of question. I repeat: If he has an allegation to make he should make it. If he has information he should take it to the appropriate places where those matters can be scrutinised and tested. But he should not use this Chamber to slur the reputation of the members of this House just to assert his grubby tawdry politics. The Leader of the Opposition has learned nothing and he will learn nothing. If he has an allegation to make he should get up and make it.

Mr Peter Debnam: Answer the question.

Mr SPEAKER: Order! The Premier will be heard in silence

Mr MORRIS IEMMA: I answered it at the beginning of my answer. If the Leader of the Opposition is in possession of information, there are any number of forums in which he can test it.

Mr PETER DEBNAM: I wish to ask a supplementary question. In view of the Premier's answer, will he seek a briefing from the Police Integrity Commission?

Mr MORRIS IEMMA: I just answered his question.

A fairly valid question in my opinion. If he consolidates Iemma's position that he is unaware of any investigations, and further investigations do arise, then his position is on the public record... I don't see any insinuation there that Debnam knows anything more than Iemma..

ihavenothing

M.L.V.C.
HSC
He has abused parliamentary privilege if he does not disclose the minister in question, because he has not followed up on his claim, until then...

frog12986

The Commonwealth
HSC
ihavenothing said:
He has abused parliamentary privilege if he does not disclose the minister in question, because he has not followed up on his claim, until then...
Question: "will he tell the people of New South Wales whether, besides Minister Tripodi and former Minister Orkopoulos, any other Minister is the subject of investigation by any law enforcement authority?"

In that statement does he mention or insinuate that any particular minister is under investigation? Moreover, is the Premier saying that no member of the parliamentary ALP has ever used parliamentary privilege to ask a question as 'smearing' as that..

frog12986

The Commonwealth
HSC
I've just watched a bit of question time in the state parliament, and I have never seen such a waste of time in my entire life. They are average politicians, who conduct grubby and unsubstantiated debate..

They make the federal arena look almost immaculate..

Heaven help us that those persons are governing, or may govern the state..

frog12986

The Commonwealth
HSC
Debnam has really consolidated the public perception of him as an irrational, ignorant and shallow man, who is not fit to govern this state. Bring on 2011 and Barry O'Farrell..

ihavenothing

M.L.V.C.
HSC
frog12986 said:
Debnam has really consolidated the public perception of him as an irrational, ignorant and shallow man, who is not fit to govern this state. Bring on 2011 and Barry O'Farrell..
Thank you I agree

beersandwich

HSC

timlay

is gonna lawyer you
HSC
i can't vote yet...

but um, i'd support the minor parties.
Both the coalition and labor have all these scandals ladiladila..

not to mention Labor isn't running the state very well. Then again, you never know how liberals might do it. better or worse?

I'd vote GREENS. "CLIMATE CHANGE" stuff. *shrugs* shut up okay, im still a minor, and therefore i don't have a right to vote, meaning no one cares what i think. damnnn.

Captain Gh3y

Rhinorhondothackasaurus
HSC
Someone tell me, without looking up their website or other policy documents, (because I could do that myself, and it's not the point)

Why does climate change, whatever that is, create a need to vote for the Greens, and how will voting for the Greens actually help us prevent any problems caused by climate change, if in fact there will be any problems and if in fact we can do anything about it?

In other words will there actually be any benefit to Australia to be gained by voting Greens in light of climate change?

I think the statement "We should vote Greens because of Climate Change" has gone unchallenged too long.

dieburndie

Eat, Sleep, Repeat
HSC
Captain Gh3y said:
Someone tell me, without looking up their website or other policy documents, (because I could do that myself, and it's not the point)
What is the point, if it isn't to find out how the Greens plan to prevent climate change?

dieburndie

Eat, Sleep, Repeat
HSC
Because they would attempt to regulate businesses and reduce emissions I assume, and it's a priority of theirs.
If someone sees climate change as urgent, then they would be most likely to vote for the party which seems to reflect that urgency in efforts to solve the problem.
Also, if climate change is occurring and humans can stop it, the major parties don't seem to be taking a great deal of action.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)