2008/09 English premier League (1 Viewer)

kuytbird

HSC
Fabregas has a twin.....?

Pool and Madrid will be interesting. Never ever write off Madrid. Ever. Van Nistelroy back in England will be interesting. Interesting Matchups: Carra and Van Nistelroy, Agger/skertal and Raul, Torres and Cannavarro, Gerrard and Diarra, Robben/Snerijder and Kuyt... And Dudek comes home...

Arsenal and roma should be enjoyable, United and Inter should be great, as should Chelsea and Juve.
Cept for the Pool and Real (cause its just too tight [though Real are have been looking quite good in Europe]), id say all the english teams should go through.

Villa are interesting. They dont exactly have World renowned stars, and have a majority of english players, so they play well as a group. But, in the long run, they would have to get a rich american owner to consolidate their squad, and to get them a bigger stadium and support base. Even if they do well in one season, to break into the "big 4" is a huge ask.

I also think youll find united challenging later in the season......

LMF^^

(m==)m
HSC
N/A
^Sorry to ruin your party but Van Nistelrooy is out for the rest of the season, and so is Diarra (Mahamadou). Also, UEFA is preventing them from registering both Lassana Diarra and Huntelaar, as they interpret in the way that only one of them can play for Madrid in the Champions League. Obviously Real Madrid is contesting that, so we'll see what happens. I have a feeling that Real will get their way, as they always do.

Also, Real Madrid haven't really been that impressive in Europe. If it wasn't for Van Nistelrooy they'd be hitting the rocks, especially in that game against Zenit away. But you'd feel that with Juande Ramos in charge, it's bound to be different.

u-borat

Banned
HSC
They really shouldnt; you're only allowed one player from a uefacup team to play for a different team in the champion's league in the same season; and both diarra and huntelaar have played in the uefa cup.

kuytbird

HSC
Well there you go.
two weeks at a beach and i lose all football recollection.
time to start from scratch...

o and mourinho and fergurson again :)

HSC
Roy9 said:
You wouldn't want Arteta in your team? Wow...

By the way I wasn't making fun of the fact that Cesc is out... he is one of my favourite players and Arsenal is my 2nd favourite team.
Funny how things come back to bite one in the arse... Everton win 3-0, with the help of Barça cantera graduate Mikel Arteta's brace. ;)

Newcastle 1 - 5 Liverpool
Arsenal 1 - 0 Portsmouth
Bolton Wanderers 0 - 1 Wigan Athletic
Everton 3 - 0 Sunderland
Fulham 2 - 2 Chelsea
West Brom 2 - 0 Tottenham Hotspur
West Ham 2 - 1 Stoke City

I was lucky enough to choose the Fulham-Chelsea game on viewer's choice, fantastic end with a 90th minute equaliser scored by Clint Dempsey. I also witnessed Liverpool's masterclass against Toon. I'm convinced they'll challenge for the title now.

Citeh and Blackburn just kicked off...

Roy9

HSC
Izzay said:
actually, i almost passed out.

except i'd rather have no fabregas than you're fake fabregas
You wouldn't want Arteta in your team? Wow...

By the way I wasn't making fun of the fact that Cesc is out... he is one of my favourite players and Arsenal is my 2nd favourite team.

u-borat

Banned
HSC
newcastle with an average goalkeeper woulda meant another 4-5 goals for liverpool; shay given was probably MOTM despite conceeding 5.

Aplus

HSC
N/A
I know every Liverpool fan says that this is our season at the beginning of every season, but seriously, this time it's for real.

LMF^^

(m==)m
HSC
N/A
Aplus said:
I know every Liverpool fan says that this is our season at the beginning of every season, but seriously, this time it's for real.
It must be a long time between drinks. Getting hyped up over a 3 point lead after 19 games is certainly something only Liverpool fans will do. Of course, it's good to be on top, but now it's about staying there. Just to put it to perspective Arsenal had the same if not a bigger lead at the same time last season.

This season can be anybody's season.

Roy9

HSC
Well, Man U are currently playing terrible and will most likely be only a couple points behind when they have caught up on games played. If they start playing good (which you would suspect will happen) I think they will be very hard to stop.

But please, PLEASE don't let Man U win it again :\

Evertonian

HSC
everton for the fa cup :)

the way they are playing and with no strikers

Everton should have beat Sunderland like 8-0

Roy9

HSC
Evertonian said:
everton for the fa cup :)

the way they are playing and with no strikers

Everton should have beat Sunderland like 8-0
I reckon we would've beaten Chelsea if we had a striker. Oh well, hopefully next time we play Man U they will be playing as bad as they are now because I think we'd destroy them.

Evertonian

HSC
yeah we should be able to beat man utd,

Dont worry everton will have hull, liverpool, arsenal then man utd

all in the next 4 rounds :)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)