2008/09 English premier League (2 Viewers)

Izzay

Wassup MTV
HSC
N/A
at this current time, my tips for the drop would be WBA, stoke and bolton.
i think porstmouth will survive, they have too many players of quality. if anything they might need to strengthen their midfield, especially considering big man diop is out for a while

whatashotbyseve

It all counts
HSC
I reckon West Brom, West Ham and Middlesborough.

West Brom just do not have the quality to stay up. West Ham have had a few results here and there lately but you get the feeling just like at Newcastle they are only one or two games away from a crisis. Boro have been in the top flight for too long and would be a welcome removal. I just cannot watch any Boro game on Fox because you know exactly what their tactics will be: 10 men behind the ball and try and nick a win in the second half when the draw looks shored up. The fact that their stadium is half full every week meaning that their fans couldn't be bothered to turn up to watch their puss side says it all.

Izzay

Wassup MTV
HSC
N/A
i think its fair to say west ham are already in a crisis- a financial crisis.
Only a matter of time before they start hauling their players off, leeds style.

imo, stoke and bolton rely on their key personal too much - i.e, delap and kevin davies. stoke dont have much to offer other than rory's missiles and bolton are becoming their side of old, with their predicatble, route 1 football and not the kind big sam could pull of either. they might be sitting in 11th but it'll take a couple of away games and straight back into 18th they go. west brom speaks for itself. miller sucks and the sooner mowbray understands that, the better.

u-borat

Banned
HSC
err, denilson's on one of those peasant wages for youth players...like it wouldn't be >15k/week.

as for defoe....
rule L19

http://www.premierleague.com/staticFiles/7a/20/0,,12306~139386,00.pdf

A club which transfers or cancels the registration of a Player may not apply to register that Player within a year except with the prior written consent of the Board.

But looking back, it seems its exactly been a year since Defoe transferred from spurs to portsmouth...

whatashotbyseve

It all counts
HSC
Izzay said:
i think its fair to say west ham are already in a crisis- a financial crisis.
Only a matter of time before they start hauling their players off, leeds style.
But West Ham don't have the assets we did tbh. We sold Ferdinand for £30 million to Utd. Their entire squad might be worth that much. That being said, West Ham might still be attractive to investors if only because it is in London (even if its the East End). Leeds was in... well... Leeds.

Izzay

Wassup MTV
HSC
N/A
does anyone know if they are showing the arsenal v bolton match on fox early tomorrow morning?

Izzay

Wassup MTV
HSC
N/A
thats what i was thinking...
why is the portsmouth game postoned? and do you know for how long?

whatashotbyseve

It all counts
HSC
Frozen pitch. Fratton Park isn't exactly known for cutting edge technology like under-soil heating that every other ground except maybe Craven Cottage takes for granted.

They will probably slot it in midweek sometime over the next month.

Izzay

Wassup MTV
HSC
N/A
wow, that must suck for the travelling fans.

probably one of the reason why they are investing in a new stadium.

aston villa are 2-0 up at halftime and seem to be cruising, but then again they are playing west brom.

whatashotbyseve

It all counts
HSC
Lol i say every ground expect for Craven Cottage and they just announce that Fulham-Blackburn has also been postponed.

Same old, same old from West Brom, look alright in patches but just simply do not have the quality to stay up.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)