2008/09 English premier League (2 Viewers)

u-borat

Banned
HSC
Groucho Marxist said:
Why is Reo-Coker playing at fullback?
he has done so quite often for villa...with barry/petrov in the center of midfield he slots nicely at fullback, i remember him defending ronaldo quite well last time they played.

u-borat

Banned
HSC
yeah, no quotes so you can hardly consider it valid at this point.

probably true though, doubt man city can attract any of the superstar names they've been linked with.

i do believe reo-coker started off as a combative defensive midfielder...then towards the end of last season started playing on the right wing, switching with stilian petrov...then with the purchase of milner plus villa's 4-3-3 formation, it's too confusing to follow unless you're a pretty intense villa fan.

u-borat

Banned
HSC
will intentionally forget his acrimonous departure on accounts of all the goals he's scored for liverpool, especially the double against le arse.

whatashotbyseve

It all counts
HSC
Can't see what Owen has to gain from moving to City. It is at best a sideways move. City will most likely sign 3-4 strikers so he will not play every week. At Newcastle, he plays the vast majority of games. It can't be about money because he is on equal if not more than that now.

Importantly, Owen said at the start of the window that he feels that he owes Newcastle after they have stuck with him with his injuries. Which makes me think that, unless a) Newcastle indicated that they do not want him, or b) (the more likely one) that City made on offer that Newcastle could not refuse.

u-borat

Banned
HSC
erm, owen's contract runs out at the end of the season, and its widely reported newcastle cant/dont want to match owen's hefty pay demands...which apart from the big 4, only mancity can really match. hence newcastle will get nothing cept that owen's expensive and oft-injured ass will be off their payroll.

and mancity do have aspirations towards cl/uefa i suppose...though they remain aspirations until such time as they realise money isn't everything. and strikers aren't everything either. (real would do well to pay heed to this)

hope that stephen ireland leaves, overshadowed by big name players.
he's turned into a quality player this season.

whatashotbyseve

It all counts
HSC
Sorry only skimmed through the article, i thought that they wanted him immediately and not on a Bosman.

Oh what irony that City's best potential piece of transfer business will not cost them a pound.

Izzay

Wassup MTV
HSC
N/A
i think the reason reo-coker is playing at right back is because their original right back, carlos cuellar, is injured.

I guess his flexibility down the right hand side will see him play their 'till cuellar returns.
barry can also play their but he is a better central midfielder imo.

u-borat

Banned
HSC
actually stems from their problems at left back tbh...with bouma's injury and shorey's shitness, they're playing luke young at left back instead of his normal right back position; cuellar's pretty shit tbh and more of a center back.

HSC
Cuellar coming on now for Sidwell. Reo-Coker to fill the gap for Sidwell and Cuellar to slot into right back I guess..

u-borat

Banned
HSC
man such a lose-lose situation, i dont like arsenal nor villa haha so I dunno who i want in the final cl position; arsenal because of some of their fans who are just complete fucktards, and villa because oneill is a fucking leprechaun shitcunt.

Izzay

Wassup MTV
HSC
N/A
west brom is not really a game i expected villa to lose, they'll have tougher assignments as the season goes on.

btw, what is that wet patch alot of the footballers have on their chests beneath their necks?

EDIT: i found out that the wet patch is infact some form of vicks cream footballers rub on their chests which enables them breathe easier.

Last edited:

Izzay

Wassup MTV
HSC
N/A
everton v hull looks good...cahill and garcia(if he starts)
that is ofcourse if they don't show arsenal v bolton

wouldnt watch fulham v blackburn if someone paid me to

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)