2008/09 English premier League (1 Viewer)

HSC
-------------------Cech-----------------------
--Bosingwa--Terry--Carvalho--A.Cole--
-J.Cole--Mikel--Lampard--Ballack--Deco--
------------------Drogba----------------------

only real absentee is Essien.. very strong lineup

------------------van der Sar-----------------
--Neville-----Evans----Vidic--------Evra----
--Ronaldo--Fletcher--Giggs-----Park-------
--------------Berbatov--Rooney--------------

Lampard just booked then.. very harsh yellow for so early on in the game (3 mins). Wasn't really worth a booking at any stage in the game! Of course Ronaldo threw himself to the ground writhing in pain as soon as he was touched though.

Izzay

Wassup MTV
HSC
N/A
you start neville and you are asking to lose.

joe cole should dominate- i'm a big fan of his.

HSC
1-0 Man U at half-time.. Vidic header after a Giggs corner and Berbatov flick-on in first half stoppage time..

shame for chelsea to concede then.. although they didn't have as many clear chances they played some great football in the first half

newmz89

Beer
HSC
fucking giggs trying to cheat his way on that corner.

but vidic :( , chelsea always concede late on in half

Izzay

Wassup MTV
HSC
N/A
id rather vidic score than ronaldo.

bosingwa and A.cole had a great first half, bombarding down those touchlines, and terry with some good blocks

robbie slater needs to die... now.

newmz89

Beer
HSC
Chelsea need to win. Otherwise ill be unhappy all today. :(

United created more clear cut chances. 2nd Half some Drogba magic is needed.

edit: agree on the robbie slater comment. hes a fucking douche.

HSC
I have alot of respect for Terry.. really wears Chelsea's shirt with pride, will do anything for the club.. made some outstanding blocks and interceptions tonight

Izzay

Wassup MTV
HSC
N/A
great cross by evra but very amateur by cole.

i still think chelsea will score, they look good for a goal.

LMF^^

(m==)m
HSC
N/A
newmz89 said:
fucking giggs trying to cheat his way on that corner.
No he didn't. The linesman was too blind to see that Rooney played the corner out of the D. That play was perfectly legitimate, except the officials were just too stupid to understand the rules.

United has always been dominant today. We smashed them up and won by a canter. Deservedly so. Terry is a kunt too, couldn't stand losing so he went trying to break Ji-Sung's knee.

Stick a big one up ya arse now Benitez. The jokes on you genius.

PS. I hate Howard Webb so much.

newmz89

Beer
HSC
LMF^^ said:
No he didn't. The linesman was too blind to see that Rooney played the corner out of the D. That play was perfectly legitimate, except the officials were just too stupid to understand the rules.

United has always been dominant today. We smashed them up and won by a canter. Deservedly so. Terry is a kunt too, couldn't stand losing so he went trying to break Ji-Sung's knee.

the replay i saw. well the one they showed. just had giggs kicking to himself and it was never in the box. rooney wasn't near by ????

LMF^^

(m==)m
HSC
N/A
newmz89 said:
the replay i saw. well the one they showed. just had giggs kicking to himself and it was never in the box. rooney wasn't near by ????
That's because the cameras didn't catch Rooney taking the corner. Why else would Giggs just stroll along with the ball then? He's been playing at the top level for almost 20 years so I think he knows the rules of corner kicks.

Roma did this before. Here's a Youtube of it, although this one also shows it's disallowed because the ref couldn't see it. But there did have one that the officials saw and play was allowed to continue. Can't a footage of that one though.

icraig88

Can I Kick It?
HSC
for some reason i predicted a 3-0 win to united. they always looked the goods. park played an unbelievable match and always looked threatening. drogba and anelka did nothing at all which is what ferguson wanted. and id love to see that corner video of what happened coz the replay showed giggs didnt even take the corner from the D.

question: is that one of the only times park played a full 90 mins? ive never seen him on the pitch the whole match.

samwell

HSC
Chelsea is out of the race and probably will have to go through qualifiers to get to UCL
terrible score and 1st away defeat of the season.

Izzay

Wassup MTV
HSC
N/A
icraig88 said:
for some reason i predicted a 3-0 win to united. they always looked the goods. park played an unbelievable match and always looked threatening. drogba and anelka did nothing at all which is what ferguson wanted. and id love to see that corner video of what happened coz the replay showed giggs didnt even take the corner from the D.

question: is that one of the only times park played a full 90 mins? ive never seen him on the pitch the whole match.
park ji-sung has been on fire this season. i used to think the only reason united had him on the squad sheet was simply for marketing purposes (united have a huge fanbase in south-east asia).

he is quite underrated though.

samwell said:
Chelsea is out of the race and probably will have to go through qualifiers to get to UCL
terrible score and 1st away defeat of the season.
far from it.

u-borat

Banned
HSC
LMF^^ said:

err you're a fucking blind tool if you don't think ferguson gets away with breaking the rules.

and the fucking irony is, ferguson did the equivalent of benitez back in the late 80s when the liverpool team were getting the rub of the green from the refs.

LMF^^

(m==)m
HSC
N/A
u-borat said:
err you're a fucking blind tool if you don't think ferguson gets away with breaking the rules.

and the fucking irony is, ferguson did the equivalent of benitez back in the late 80s when the liverpool team were getting the rub of the green from the refs.
And the whole world was waiting for Benitez to come out and state some 'facts'. :rolleyes: And he justifies it that someone needed to stand up against the big monster.

And you're a fucking blind tool if you can't see that Rafa was trying to put pressure on us before our biggest game of the season against Chelsea. It was built as a game that neither team can afford to lose. So genius Benitez thought it was the perfect time to come out and try to influence the match officials. But look at the result of it, Liverpool drew and we won the big one. So if Rafa's watching, and I'm sure he did, he's been made to look like a fool. And the funny thing about this is Sir Alex didn't even really need to respond to those attacks, our players have done the talking for him. It's been a brilliant week.

And about the corner, this is what happened.

Giggs was unjustly denied an assist during the game when Cristiano Ronaldo's header, from his cross, was disallowed by the officials. It followed a clever corner kick when Wayne Rooney quickly put the ball down in the 'd' and then rolled the ball into play for Ryan to collect - unfortunately without it being seen by the linesman.
If you know the rules, you'll know that such a play is completely legitimate. But the move surprised everyone, including the match officials and the TV crew, as well as our very own Fox Sports crew (and I disagreed with basically all their comments last night).

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)