2008/09 English premier League (3 Viewers)

08er

HSC
apparently City are interested in buffon and dida... both are in the vicinity of 30 years of age so i cant see why City will invest in players like that. eg cech and casillas would be much better targets imo

isnice

HSC
joe hart will be the future england no.1, if buffon or whoever does go to city i hope arsenal snap him up quickly.

and man city have so much money, why would they want craig fucking bellamy of all players?

08er

HSC
speaking of arsenal, almunia is grossly overrated.

Roy9

HSC
Lol, I don't rate Almunia at all. He is overrated on Fifa 09 aswell, but has also let in so many soft goals in for and against me, lol.

Izzay

Wassup MTV
HSC
N/A
08er said:
speaking of arsenal, almunia is grossly overrated.
by overrated do you mean he is good but not 'big 4' material or he is shit and should go back to being number 2.

nicko1990

p-plater
HSC
almunia's not big 4 material at all. lehmann barely cut it too, when he was still there

cech > van der sar > reina > jaaskelainen > ..... > almunia

nicko1990

p-plater
HSC
HTML:
rafalution said:
Kaka being linked to Man City again. Apparently they're offering him about 500k a week which is unbelievable. Would be horrible to see him playing for a plastic club, and would have people asking questions about his "righteousness" and how he belongs to jesus.
500k POUNDS a week, which is frankly a bit much. that's like more than twice of what ronaldo/rooney/terry get

Izzay

Wassup MTV
HSC
N/A
nicko1990 said:
almunia's not big 4 material at all. lehmann barely cut it too, when he was still there

cech > van der sar > reina > jaaskelainen > ..... > almunia
apart from lehmann's last year at arsenal, he was fucking awesome.

anybody who can keep goal for a team that goes an entire premier league season undefeated or maintains 10 consecutive clean sheets in the champions league on the way to the final, will at the very least make the cut for a big 4 team.

u-borat

Banned
HSC
cech hasn't looked anywhere near his best since he put on that helmet.

nicko1990

p-plater
HSC
yeah, he was best when chelsea was winning 1-0 every week a few yrs ago

isnice

HSC
so man city have offered 107 million pounds for kaka...

they could just buy an entire squad with that money, and a very very very good squad at that.

plus the biggest step they could take is to get rid of hughes.

LordPc

HSC
107 pounds? Bah! Most things surrounding Kaka is only rumour. There's no point in giving specific monetary values now, cause you are more than likely wrong. All we know for sure is that Kaka has been given permission to talk to City and that a crapload of money is on the table.

On a lighter note:

"Several media outlets were left red-faced after tipping Moldovan international Masal Bugduv as football's next big thing only for it to emerge that the player does not exist - a web of blog postings had created the player out of nothing. (Guardian)"

Lol.

nicko1990

p-plater
HSC
naw i think there was confirmation of an offer around 100m pounds.

agreed with above. hughes? don't kid me. bellamy? wth? they have better strikers than bellamy as is.

LordPc

HSC
nicko1990 said:
naw i think there was confirmation of an offer around 100m pounds.

agreed with above. hughes? don't kid me. bellamy? wth? they have better strikers than bellamy as is.
yea, "around" 100m. Ive read that Milan want 130m. Its all rumour until it happens

and lol. I laughed when i heard about bellamy. Like seriously, bellamy? Throw a stone in a crowded street in Brazil and you would hit a better striker.

08er

HSC
i just do not see why almunia is even on the pitch. he is awful, i'd probably rate him just inside the top 10 of 'keepers in the league

nicko1990

p-plater
HSC
LordPc said:
yea, "around" 100m. Ive read that Milan want 130m. Its all rumour until it happens

and lol. I laughed when i heard about bellamy. Like seriously, bellamy? Throw a stone in a crowded street in Brazil and you would hit a better striker.
LOLOLOL how true, how true. that sturridge guy is pretty damn good though.

08er

HSC
there's gotta be a reason liverpool abandoned him

LMF^^

(m==)m
HSC
N/A
The Kaka deal seems more and more likely now. It's incredible. With the amount of money the Sheik is shelling out, it'll total £243million, with £108million going to Milan. With that kind of money it seems the Milan board is seriously considering the offer.

LordPc

HSC
nicko1990 said:
LOLOLOL how true, how true. that sturridge guy is pretty damn good though.
Indeed, Sturridge is quite good and could be a future England International if he is trained properly.

08er said:
there's gotta be a reason liverpool abandoned him
I think he's got a big of a temper. but he just isnt good enough tbh. neither was crouch and, IMO, keane will also prove to be a mistake. And if the rumours are true, Heskey will be yet another failure. For some reason british strikers just arent that good.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 3)