2008/09 English premier League (1 Viewer)

HSC
Injured Arteta to miss rest of the season
Reuters - 28 minutes ago

Everton midfielder Mikel Arteta will miss the rest of the season after rupturing a cruciate knee ligament, the Premier League club said on Monday.

The 26-year-old Spaniard was carried off the field on a stretcher after sustaining the injury to his right knee early in Everton's 0-0 draw at Newcastle United on Sunday.

"He underwent a succession of scans on his knee on Sunday night to ascertain the full extent of the injury, with the results revealing he has no chance of pulling on an Everton jersey again this term," the club said on their website.

Arteta has been one of the key figures in sixth-placed Everton's season, making 31 appearances and scoring seven goals.

His absence will be a huge blow to manager David Moyes, whose squad has already been severely depleted by a string of injuries.

Injured Arteta to miss rest of the season - FourFourTwo

08er

HSC
not really the epl but liverpool beat real madrid 1-0 :) i really can't see liverpool slipping up at anfield in 2 weeks

Roy9

HSC
For fucks sake, Everton can't catch a break can they. Just as things start looking good after great results and players returning from injury Arteta and Anichebe get injured. Atleast we got Jo and now Saha has returned so we're alright for striking options, it's just that Arteta is the heart of Everton's midfield and it's going to be tough without him.

Evertonian

HSC
For fucks sake, Everton can't catch a break can they. Just as things start looking good after great results and players returning from injury Arteta and Anichebe get injured. Atleast we got Jo and now Saha has returned so we're alright for striking options, it's just that Arteta is the heart of Everton's midfield and it's going to be tough without him.
Dont worry about, Im sure the only reason why we drew at St James Park is because we had no creative midfielders like Osman and Pienaar. I mean the team is technically pretty strong with Osman, Pienaar and Fellaini all recovering from injuries. And with the addition of Tim Cahill and Hibbert back from suspension it will even strengthen the team. So as i said its full strength without the Yak and Arteta

Izzay

Wassup MTV
HSC
N/A
I heard that the blue and red half of merseyside actually get along pretty well during matchdays and in general, really.

Izzay

Wassup MTV
HSC
N/A
so i watched "rise of the foot soldier" the other day.

surely the football hooliganism isn't or wasn't as bad as it is portrayed in that film.

Aplus

HSC
N/A
Fuck. That's all I can say about this.

whatashotbyseve

It all counts
HSC
I knew this would happen. If anything, its an improvement that we wait until the end of February to declare that Liverpool are out of the title race. If we are being really cynical, the result in Madrid was proof of that. Benitez only wants, and only has competent tactics for, European glory.

08er

HSC
imo liverpool are already out of the title race. if manu win their game in hand they will be 10 points adrift giving liverpool no chance...

rafa is good in europe but what liverpool desperately need is domestic glory and i cant see rafa delivering it within the next 2 years unless he takes control over transfers and start getting his first choice players and not 2nd, 3rd etc...

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)