2008/09 tax return (1 Viewer)

rozymisty

HSC
Hm who has done their tax return this year so far?

I just did it online and it reckons that I will get $680 back...first they said $730 and then when i went to lodge it was 680...s trange but yeah its only an estimate at this time.

I just hope that its a bit more than that, coz i was hoping for more of a return! Earnt $50k this year yay.... hehe, hm think the 09/10 return will be more coz of more proper shiftwork.

What are you going to spend your return on?

Mine is going straight to my NZ trip...otherwise ill be stuffed lol. Got no savings yet.....ekk..gng to pay the last $200 off tmw and then its savings spree!!

jirwin

HSC
I tried doing e-tax the other day but basically it didn't include my union fees in the estimate. Last year I did e-tax and tried to claim my uniform back and it wasn't included in the estimate. I went ahead and sent it hoping to get it back, but I only got back what the estimate said (meaning not for my uniform). This year I'm not taking that risk, I'm going to my parents accountant as even if I have to pay like $80 for the accountant, I will still get more back then what the e-tax estimate says.

chuboy

HSC
Just did mine, though as I fall under the low income bracket I'm going to all my tax back so it wasn't a particularly complicated matter.

$157 ftw :D

jaredtomas

HSC
I make regular donations to Oxfam and also Carbon Neutral (carbon offsets). I entered these on my etax return (which I haven't lodged yet) but the estimate didn't include my tax deductible donations. Am I doing something wrong?

rozymisty

HSC
I had to manually enter in my deductions. Wish I had bought some nursing textbooks, would've been good.....

I think next year if I get a car loan and stuff I will do salary sacrifice and thus need an accountant to do my return. I dont see though why it takes them ages to do it though.

ambermorn

Tic Tac addict.
HSC
N/A
I'm old school and do everything on paper. Just got my group certificates, nearly 500 dollars in tax so it'll be interesting to see what I get back when I get round to it in the next week or so. Gotta do a BAS for my ABN too, sigh.

^CoSMic DoRiS^^

makes the woosh noises
HSC
haven't done it yet, will do soon. Was taxed about $1100, am guesstimating that I may get about half of that back.

edit: oh and is this weird or not. I got 2 group certificates, one that said I earnt X amount and one that had a way smaller amount. They add up to roughly what I would have made over the year so I'm thinking someone forgot about a week I worked or something and tacked it into another certificate?? idk.

Last edited:

rozymisty

HSC
haven't done it yet, will do soon. Was taxed about $1100, am guesstimating that I may get about half of that back.

edit: oh and is this weird or not. I got 2 group certificates, one that said I earnt X amount and one that had a way smaller amount. They add up to roughly what I would have made over the year so I'm thinking someone forgot about a week I worked or something and tacked it into another certificate?? idk.
I had the same thing with my old employer...they sent me the normal one, and two copies of the one for some termination pay... and Workcover sent me a group certificate to...i thought it was work that pays, well workcover pays work who pays me....

katie tully

ashleey luvs roosters
HSC
I'm getting 3850 or round abouts

and two group certificates, even though i stayed with nsw health all year. one arrived and then i had to wait a week for the other, was annoying

Jon73

human dick-tionary
HSC
I'm getting 3850 or round abouts

and two group certificates, even though i stayed with nsw health all year. one arrived and then i had to wait a week for the other, was annoying
how much did you make?

julyisgreat

HSC
hey guys,how can I apply my tax returns?
In what ways can I do this?online?
can i hv the link pls?
thanks

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)