• Best of luck to the class of 2019 for their HSC exams. You got this!
    Let us know your thoughts on the HSC exams here
  • Like us on facebook here

2008 HSC School Rankings (1 Viewer)

dp624

HSC
if school not on list, then it's pretty bad
i think

Rafy

Retired
HSC
Uni Grad
Which school? And which list? The top 200 or the full one?

dhehdrms

HSC
i know thread reviving is bad
but my bro goes to st. francis xavier
and it says in that list that over 2000 sat for the exams in that school...
as far as i know theres been only about 500 year 12 students last year.. and over 200 DA doesnt make sense...
is that info wrong?

lyounamu

Reborn
HSC
N/A
i know thread reviving is bad
but my bro goes to st. francis xavier
and it says in that list that over 2000 sat for the exams in that school...
as far as i know theres been only about 500 year 12 students last year.. and over 200 DA doesnt make sense...
is that info wrong?
2000+ =/= not the number of people

2000+ = number of exams sat at the school

Aquawhite

Retiring
HSC
Uni Grad
I can't really tell which St Paul's College is mine :S

All I know is that it would count as a private school rather than a government one. Can anyone tell which one is St Paul's College located in Kempsey...?

Ice Goddess

HSC
Re: Top 200 Schools - Daily Telegraph

ST. George Girls just made 10. Phew!

maths94

HSC
My school ranked 510. :O Endeavour Sport high, luckily im trying out for selective :D

kevda1st

HSC
is it realistic for a friend of mine who goes to a reallly bad school (ranked 350+) that wants to do med?

Last edited:

maths94

HSC
is it realistic for a friend of mine who goes to parramatta high (ranked 361) that wants to do med?
yes even though ur school may not be ranked well he can still get a high uai. But there is a little percentage of people at his school who get an ATAR of 95+. Example if you went to caringbah high school ranked 20 there are much more people who get 95+. Tell him to go to a better school as he will become academically better as he gets more competition from his peers. So ye hope that helped. :santa:

kevda1st

HSC
yes even though ur school may not be ranked well he can still get a high uai. But there is a little percentage of people at his school who get an ATAR of 95+. Example if you went to caringbah high school ranked 20 there are much more people who get 95+. Tell him to go to a better school as he will become academically better as he gets more competition from his peers. So ye hope that helped. :santa:
kinds too late for that dont u thinK? the HSC is in 2 months time..
His subjects are good tho, nothing that really scales u down...(4U math, Adv Eng, chem phys and bio.

Aerath

Retired
HSC
N/A
is it realistic for a friend of mine who goes to a reallly bad school (ranked 350+) that wants to do med?
It's possible to get med from any school - so long as you're ready to put in the hard yards with regards to ATAR + UMAT.

jessicalysenko

HSC
kinds too late for that dont u thinK? the HSC is in 2 months time..
His subjects are good tho, nothing that really scales u down...(4U math, Adv Eng, chem phys and bio.
scaling isnt the issue. I'll try to quickly explain...
you're 'scaled' school mark comes purely from your rank, which then chooses the respective HSC mark which came from your school.. e.g. you are 1st in X2 maths and the top mark in the HSC from your school for X2 maths is 98, though you have a bad day and get 90. Your scaled SCHOOL mark (50%) is 98 and your HSC mark is 90, so altogether thats 94 (averaged)

Basically, if you have a GOOD RANK then its ok, just means that if you go to a shit school (no offence intended) then it is imperative to get a good rank (preferably like top 3) in order to get that good school mark.

The above info is what I understand of how it works.. makes me more relaxed because going to selective means most people do well in their HSC so its ok... not that im failing any subjects (wait for trial results.. :S)

either way, good luck with trials.. gun it and you're sweet!
xxx Jess

lucyG

HSC
Okay let's just say that my school isn't in the top 400... now that is terrible.

Aquawhite

Retiring
HSC
Uni Grad
My school last year was in the low 500s but i still think it's the best school I could ever wish for ^_^.

Although it's generally in the low-mid 200s.... so I guess it's not really a reflection of the school's past HSC academic achievement.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)