2008 Hsc (1 Viewer)

syriangabsta

HSC
N/A
lol keep adding to tihs thread ^^ few days b4 phys ill read it and go indepth to everything ppl think will come hahahaha :D

ps i hope no projectile motion comes (fat chance). it always comes and i always fail it -_-

Artemis.

HSC
syriangabsta said:
lol keep adding to tihs thread ^^ few days b4 phys ill read it and go indepth to everything ppl think will come hahahaha :D

ps i hope no projectile motion comes (fat chance). it always comes and i always fail it -_-
Haha yeah same, physics projectile motion is a weakness of mine. I'm ok at it in 3u, but in physics I just get confused lol.

Like other people have mentioned, I'm expecting/hoping for an Einstein vs Planck.

henry08

HSC
N/A
The rocket scientist (i.e. Oberth or Von Braun etc) is defiantly in the syllabus. The practicing australian scenstist(s) is not a direct dotpoint but it part of the 9.1 Skills section, which may also be tested.

henry08

HSC
N/A
Artemis. said:
Haha yeah same, physics projectile motion is a weakness of mine. I'm ok at it in 3u, but in physics I just get confused lol.

Like other people have mentioned, I'm expecting/hoping for an Einstein vs Planck.
I'm the opposite. In Physics, I have no problems with projectile motion. In maths, I am normally screwed with them to put it politely.

dolbinau

HSC
I just use the 3u method for both Extension and Physics as it's easier for me. Then I write the given formulas when I derive it (they are basically the same) so it makes it seem like I can use the physics method.

SkimDawg

Feeling Good
HSC
A 7 mark qu on the historical developments of thermionic devices to solid state devices, why they were replaced, the possible uses, ect. I havent seen a big one before, only in my trials.

HSC
SkimDawg said:
A 7 mark qu on the historical developments of thermionic devices to solid state devices, why they were replaced, the possible uses, ect. I havent seen a big one before, only in my trials.
that was in 2007 i think?

henry08

HSC
N/A
SkimDawg said:
That would be great.

clonestar

Physicist/*******
HSC
N/A
With Motors and generators expect perhaps a graph of changing flux vs time it could be in multiple choice or Part B.

Also i forgot to add they might ask a prac you have done in class eg outline a first hand investigation with something on AC induction motors or the motor effect.

I am thinking superconductivity and transformers to address cleaner/efficient energy source for the future.

A geddaken will be required and possibly relativity of simultaneity that has not appeared for quite a while.

There could be a question on JJ Thompson q/m ratio and how it was calculated by the great man himself. remember here electric and magnetic fields and then turn off the electric and watch the electron spiral in and use Fc centripetal = Fm (magnetic force) mv^2/r = qvBsintheta

There is also the option(25 marks) 1/4 % of the exam but that is another ball game all together.

These exam writers are cunning with word/verb terminology so look out for it. read the question three or even 4 times to full comprehend and answer the damn thing.

Forbidden.

Banned
HSC
回复: Re: 2008 Hsc

In Chemistry and Physics (and likely all the science subjects in the HSC) last year, examiners have cracked down on practical work by shoving a question or two in these papers to see if we have done our work.
Better revise your pracs.

JamesTockuss

HSC
Usually the CSSA Catholic Physics trial is a pretty good indication of what will be in the HSC. Did anyone do the test? What kind of questions were asked?

I reckon there will be something on:
- BCS (hasn't been asked since 2005)
- Solar Cells (hasn't been asked in a very long time)
- A thought experiment
- How an induction cooktop/EM breaking/Microphone works
- Something on the slingshot effect

So yeh tell us, Catholic school people, what was in your trial??

Pwnage101

HSC
N/A
SkimDawg said:
soz mate, that was a 4 amrker last year, doubt theyll give it 7 marks, if any this year

the librarian

HSC
JamesTockuss said:
Usually the CSSA Catholic Physics trial is a pretty good indication of what will be in the HSC. Did anyone do the test? What kind of questions were asked?
Westinghouse and AC generators was in there, and Einstein's thought experiment and the relationship between thought and reality (dumbest question *ever*), a lot on Einstein actually... The cathode ray wave/particle debate. There wasn't a single question on semiconductors. It was a pretty easy paper.

JamesTockuss

HSC
the librarian said:
Westinghouse and AC generators was in there, and Einstein's thought experiment and the relationship between thought and reality (dumbest question *ever*), a lot on Einstein actually... The cathode ray wave/particle debate. There wasn't a single question on semiconductors. It was a pretty easy paper.
Sweet thankyou :D I was wondering if anyone was going to be nice and share haha.

Eugh Einstein....Was there anything on Quantum theory and all that?

minijumbuk

┗(^o^ )┓三
HSC
the librarian said:
Haha. I've found many dumb questions in CSSA chemistry. Even worse in NSW Independent lol

the librarian

HSC
JamesTockuss said:
Sweet thankyou :D I was wondering if anyone was going to be nice and share haha.

Eugh Einstein....Was there anything on Quantum theory and all that?
"Explain the contribution of Planck and Einstein to explaining black body radiation." Also explaining how Hertz produced the photoelectric effect and a straightforward E = hf calculation.

JamesTockuss

HSC
the librarian said:
"Explain the contribution of Planck and Einstein to explaining black body radiation." Also explaining how Hertz produced the photoelectric effect and a straightforward E = hf calculation.
I think I love you <3

Thanks heaps for that.

samwell

HSC
dolbinau said:
What do you think the chances are we'll have to name a scientist and their contributions in the space topic? Have they ever asked that?
there is an okay chance unless they get a better band 3 question they should.

Mushroom77

HSC
So, any final thoughts? For any that did the Catholic trial, what other kind of stuff was in there? And how good a judge is it, really?

Yeah, last minute, but still :p

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)